VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
She deserves a lifetime contract.

1550424817985.gif

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Watched the beginning of the George Washington vs Dayton game. Caught a glimpse of the Dayton coach (kneeling) almost almost up the half court (see photo)...are coaches allowed to coach from there?

View attachment 39752
No. There's a white hash mark where the "S" is, just to her right, which demarcates the "coach's box." She's supposed to be inside that mark. But enforcement isn't so hyper-vigilant.

College Coaches Cannot Be Contained

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
A lot of women's games broadcast on TV today. I'm going to start out watching Maryland/Iowa (can't get enough of Megan Gustafson) and switch to VaTech/GaTech if that game gets out of hand (or during commercials).

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Brent Musberger’s doppelgänger is sitting behind the announcers at the Dayton/GW game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
A lot of women's games broadcast on TV today. I'm going to start out watching Maryland/Iowa (can't get enough of Megan Gustafson) and switch to VaTech/GaTech if that game gets out of hand (or during commercials).
The VaTech/GaTech game is also showing on regional sports networks (for me it's on Fox Sports Southwest). Another one to keep our eye on.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

MD triple teaming Gustafson. Teammates will have to come up big. So far, they are.

Reaction Score
Maryland has defended Gustafson really well so far

Her teammates are at least stepping up and hitting shots at least.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Nice post feed to Gustafson to take a 3 pt lead after 1Q and get her off the snide.

Plebe

Reaction Score

They are really trying to deny her touches, and were mostly successful. Shakira Austin just lost her on the last possession of 1Q and gave up a layup.

Doyle, Davis, Stewart and Sevillian are all capable scorers for Iowa, and they'll be needed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not that exciting of a ACC schedule. . I will guarantee that Duke ain't losing today :mad:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sort of a low scoring game for both teams.
Both defenses have done a great job of taking the opposing offense WAY out of their comfort zone.
Maryland doing a great job of preventing/disrupting the post entry passes to Gustafson.
Iowa doing a great job of transition defense, staying home on their man and boxing out.

Reaction Score
I think it would be a lot of fun to watch Gustafson go up against Brown or McCowan.

Reaction Score
Both teams are playing very strong defense. Love the hustle

Austin is looking good today. No doubt she was always a tremendous rebounder and shot blocker. Waiting for that offensive game to come, watch out.

I do like that she is being more physical today and active

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
One official in the GW - Dayton game has called 3 fouls in the first minute and a half of the 4th qtr on GW, 2 of which were very questionable. Then that same official didn't call an obvious foul against Dayton.

Reaction Score
The freshman, Austin for Maryland, getting the best of Gustafson so far.

Reaction Score
Taylor Mikesell is so fun to watch too

Only a freshmen too but that girl can shoot

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Gustafson starting to take a few rushed shots out of her comfort zone. MD's size and post athleticism starting to take a toll. Iowa needs a few 3pt shots to loosen things up.

Reaction Score
Gustafson starting to take a few rushed shots out of her comfort zone. MD's size and post athleticism starting to take a toll. Iowa needs a few 3pt shots to loosen things up.
Her inability to step out from 15 feet is showing against length & athleticism. I would continue to make her catch in front of the post defender and make her score over the length.

Reaction Score
Marylands freshmen are playing really well today

As of now, K. Charles has been a no show

0-4 with 3 turnovers

I think both teams are playing D really well and are making each other get out their comfort zone.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The way Maryland is defending Gustafson reminds me of how Iowa State did. In that game she finished with only 13 points and took only 7 shots (4-7). But the supporting cast, Doyle and Stewart particularly, stepped up big in that game.

So far in this game, it's been Davis and Stewart picking up some slack. But Doyle is only 1-6, and I think she'll really need to find her shot.

Reaction Score
Her inability to step out from 15 feet is showing against length & athleticism. I would continue to make her catch in front of the post defender and make her score over the length.
She plays just like Brionna Jones used to. Always very close to the basket. It will be interesting to see what adjustments both teams will make at halftime.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well, seeing as there is no love lost between USC and Mizzou....perhaps. I'm glad they beat MSU, though, because it means the Gamecocks would win the SEC, outright, by winning out.
All due respect, let me edit your statement above: “seeing as there’s is no love lost between (fill in any team) and Mizzou”. I mean name me one team that doesn’t despise the way Mizzou plays and the way Cunningham behaves? Just sayin :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom