Sunday 3/19 NCAAT games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sunday 3/19 NCAAT games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
OMG. Total makeup call on Atkins fouls her out too. Very questionable calls in this one.

Plebe

Reaction Score
And there goes Texas' final timeout. So they won't have one if they need to advance the ball at the end.

Reaction Score
We were finally heading for a great ending and they just HAD to step in and remind us they were there.
Every game I've seen called with the older woman with short hair it's always been terrible. If you see referring your game just know you're in for all long night.

Plebe

Reaction Score
No argument from me on that last call. Holmes was there in plenty of time and it was a charge.

Reaction Score
There are way too many charges called these days. They need a rule revision badly.
Jay bilas has been ranting about this for years.

Reaction Score
let's see what Lobo and Landers say.

The game was decided when a teams best player got fouled out on a nothing play.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Whoa. Wild, dramatic game down the stretch. What a heartbreaker for NC State. I somehow felt they deserved that win with how they fought.

Reaction Score
An exciting game, somewhat marred by refs who should be demoted to rec-league basketball...

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It is time now for me, like Puff, the Magic Dragon, to sadly slip into my cave. NCState is going to take a step backward next year...but we have an outstanding recruiting class coming in for the 2018-19 season...and in a few years, we'll start making some noise again. I've enjoyed my time on the Boneyard this year in what was an exciting season for the Wolfpack Women.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Refs imposed themselves way too much on this game. The Spencer foul out was bogus. McCarty started doing gyrations and she got a call. They were both pushing. That was a play on. Too many players fouled out. Not good.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It is time now for me, like Puff, the Magic Dragon, to sadly slip into my cave. NCState is going to take a step backward next year...but we have an outstanding recruiting class coming in for the 2018-19 season...and in a few years, we'll start making some noise again. I've enjoyed my time on the Boneyard this year in what was an exciting season for the Wolfpack Women.
Nah, hang around and join in the conversation.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Lobo says no CHARGE, good on her. So does Landers. Sorry Plebe

And Weisbrod who was there in person said it was a charge.

I agree that it could've been a no-call but when you run into the set defender you expose yourself.

Reaction Score
There are way too many charges called these days. They need a rule revision badly.
That may have been a charge, but I agree and have been saying the same thing as Jay. It isn't always the refs, they are human and have a tough job. I favor revisiting the rules and perhaps a rules revision making it less of a judgement call.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I agree with this and with Jay.

And it seems like there have been so many plain ol' bad judgment calls on block/charge this year. E.g. when Napheesa fouled out vs. South Carolina. So horrible.

The no-call yesterday when Miami scored the final bucket vs. FGCU was pretty damn bad too IMO.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I KNOW already that the NC State post-game press conference is gonna be tough to watch :(

Plebe

Reaction Score
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( I feel sooooo bad for the Wolfpack and their great senior class..... horrible way to end their careers :(:(:(:(
Miah Spencer and Dominique Wilson both turned in all-American-caliber performances in this game, sadly overshadowed by all the foul calls.

Texas survived a game where McCarty was really the only Longhorn who had a great game. Atkins had a nightmare game until that final steal and layup. Other players were kinda all over the place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom