Sunday 3/19 NCAAT games | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Sunday 3/19 NCAAT games

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Well, as it turns out, I think the whole "seeding" thing is an impossible challenge. Everyone can find a flaw or two in the seeding of various teams, conferences, etc. All this goes out the window when it comes to the 64-team tournament. I would tell you right now, that Long Beach State was a much tougher foe than Creighton for OSU. And LBSU was the 15 seed and Creighton the 7 seed. In my mind, LBSU should have been the 7 seed and Creighton the 15 seed. My point is, that for OSU that is how it stacked up. For another team in the Western Region, the original seeding might have made perfect sense. Bottom line, as many have already said, its all about match ups. And finally, it is about "W's". Whether you win by 1-point of 80 points, it doesn't matter as long as you win. I can say that OSU still hasn't played up to their standard of the early season. Again, they missed so many wide-open 3-pointers yesterday, but still found a way to win. If OSU ever has a game when their outside shooters perform like they did in early/mid season, life will be easier for OSU. There is no margin for error now that OSU faces Florida State next, and probably the same for all other sweet sixteen teams.
One thing I'll say about Oregon State: You've got a pretty impressive overall record. It's still more impressive considering it's the follow-up from what you did last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom