Sunday 2nd Round (non-UConn games) thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sunday 2nd Round (non-UConn games) thread

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hinson has the flop pose down!

I have spoken!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Refs are starting to buy Pitt's flops.

Feels like a possible inflection point in this game right here -- if Pitt cuts it to 8 by the next timeout, this will go to the wire. If Xavier pushes it back to 15, it's over.

Reaction Score

Feels like a possible inflection point in this game right here -- if Pitt cuts it to 8 by the next timeout, this will go to the wire. If Xavier pushes it back to 15, it's over.
Pitt is so bad it's unbelievable, particularly on D. Xavier getting open looks almost every single time down the court. Pitt is so lucky Boum has been pretty bad and that X has missed some easy looks.

Reaction Score
Texas is a bad matchup for X with a short bench. If Nunge gets in foul trouble, they will get blown out.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
These old school announcers often don’t get the modern math at all. Pittsburgh has been taking bad shots all game, and Xavier has sprinkled a few in too, and the announcer is talking about shooters finding their rhythm. How about finding better shots?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Pitt just had its chance and missed 3 easy buckets that could've got them to single digits. This game is Xs.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
These old school announcers often don’t get the modern math at all. Pittsburgh has been taking bad shots all game, and Xavier has sprinkled a few in too, and the announcer is talking about shooters finding their rhythm. How about finding better shots?
For one thing, both teams are pretty good at midrange jumpers.

1679247853126.png

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That is a dumb technical by Capel. He is down big and just got a big foul call on Nunge where his player initiated contact, and then decides to light up the ref. Dumb.

Reaction Score
Pitt gonna give up 90. It's just a layup line. X has just missed some of the layups.

Reaction Score
Miller and Xavier are just impressive. They were one of the best teams in the country but they lacked depth, then they lost arguably their best player. Now they are only 6 deep and they just waxed a team to go to the sweet 16. I'm not sure any other coach or team could do what they've done if a player of Zach Freemantle's ability went down for the season. It's even more impressive they did this in a game where Boum was horrendous.

I knew Hunter was good when he was torching UConn but the way he's filled in for Freemantle is damn impressive. They will need Boum to snap out of it in a big way if they're going to beat Texas.

Does the entire ACC flop around all game?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Claude on Xavier is one of those players where I wonder why he is not higher profile. When I watch him I think he is really good, but his stats are meh. He is like Xavier’s version of Tony Robertson.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is over. BIG EAST!!!! Beatdown at the home of the ACC (Greensboro)
I'll guarantee you there are more X fans there than Pitt fans. You'd have a point if a Tobacco Road team was playing.

Reaction Score
Pitt is so bad it's unbelievable, particularly on D. Xavier getting open looks almost every single time down the court. Pitt is so lucky Boum has been pretty bad and that X has missed some easy looks.
Pitt just held Iowa State to 41 points last game. I'm not saying they're good but this has way more to do with Xavier's offense being that good. They did this all season and just did it to Creighton in the Big East tournament.

Reaction Score
And, as I hypothesized, Xavier pushed it back to 15 and Pitt basically hasn't gotten closer.

Yes, Boum may very well shoot them out of a game, but it's not going to be this one.

Reaction Score
Pitt just held Iowa State to 41 points last game. I'm not saying they're good but this has way more to do with Xavier's offense being that good. They did this all season and just did it to Creighton in the Big East tournament.
Iowa State was offensively challenged. 110th best offense. X is really really good on offense. But also Pitt is bad at defense (108th).

Reaction Score
Pitt's defense is basically just hoping Xavier misses essentially open shots (which they have been for the last 3 minutes or so) and then throwing up bad shots or praying for the refs to bail them out.

Reaction Score
Claude on Xavier is one of those players where I wonder why he is not higher profile. When I watch him I think he is really good, but his stats are meh. He is like Xavier’s version of Tony Robertson.
Just a freshman, but his minutes have gotten more consistent the last 10 or so games and his scoring has ticked up (no double figure games the first 25 games, 4 of 10 now).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom