Sunday’s BEast Tourney schedule (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sunday’s BEast Tourney schedule (merged)

Reaction Score
Not sure why it’s funny? Lucy had 19 points vs UConn in the first game and when she was guarded more closely in the second, got 13 point. She’s a canny guard.
It was nice to see her ice the game at the FT line Yesterday. I know that UConn game still haunts her. 19 & 7 assists (and only 1 TO) Yesterday vs a scrappy DePaul team is impressive.

Reaction Score
And they both are wore out. They both fought tooth and nail for the win. And tommorow they do the same. So when uconn handles thier business. I look for them to be waiting on who ever crawls out of thier game. FYI. We have been playing those types of hard fought games all year. And with Azzi and Caroline. I like our chances. Go Huskies.
Have been thinking the same thing. Hope today is another battle for the 2/3 seeds and whoever walks out of it for the Monday game is wiped. We will be tired cuz it’s 3 games in 3 days, but we’re used to it and seem to have found our second gear. And we should have revenge on our minds today to help fuel them!

Reaction Score
I’ve always liked watching Marquette’s front court. This year’s edition features Chloe Marotta and Liza Karlen. They’re both strong but not as tall as Aaliyah and Dorka. Marotta is having her best year as a senior. They’re tough and active. It should be a good game.

I think a lot will depend on how well Nika and Azzi can defend Jordan King, another senior having her best season and at the height of her confidence. If Azzi can play 20+ mins I think she and Lou will open up the paint for Aaliyah and Dorka. I also am looking for Ayanna to have some good minutes against an undersized frontcourt

Reaction Score
I watched a replay of the Marquette STJ game and it was interesting. StJ played their hearts out, especially Rayven Peeples. And they shot almost as well as Marquette. The margin of difference was FTs. Marquette made 10 more. And Chloe Marotta had a dominating game, and Karlen played well too. We will have to stop those two today, and one of the keys to it is Azzi and Lou lighting it up from the perimeter. If they can't pack the paint, it's another pair of double-doubles for Dorka and Aaliyah, and that will put a damper on Marquette's ability to run their offense. If Azzi and Lou put up 20 pts each and Dorka and Aaliyah chip in another 15 each, I think this game is a blowout. This is totally within their reach.

Reaction Score
I watched a replay of the Marquette STJ game and it was interesting. StJ played their hearts out, especially Rayven Peeples. And they shot almost as well as Marquette. The margin of difference was FTs. Marquette made 10 more. And Chloe Marotta had a dominating game, and Karlen played well too. We will have to stop those two today, and one of the keys to it is Azzi and Lou lighting it up from the perimeter. If they can't pack the paint, it's another pair od double-doubles for Dorka and Aaliyah. If Azzi and Lou put up 20 pts each and Dorka and Aaliyah chip in another 15 each, I think this game is a blowout. This is totally within their reach.
Peeples is an iron woman. She sets so many screens that it's dizzying. If they hit her when she rolled to the basket...SJU would have had a better showing. I'm baffled why they essentially ignore her 90% of the time...except when they need a screen. She has never shot less than 53% while at SJU. Great rebounder. Not a good FT shooter, but she has company.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Crazy twist in Nova-Creighton game. Nova had a 4 point lead and possession, but an intentional foul call gave Creighton 2 FTs and the ball back. Nova hangs on for the win 63-61.

Reaction Score
UConn played tenacious defense today, absolutely.

Played excellent offense, spreading around the numbers.

Bench played well...well enough.

Cohesive.

Having fun, smiling, clapping, hugging.

BUT WHO'S THE GUY WITH THE SURFER BLOND HAIR, UCONN TANK TOP, JAMS, AND FLIP-FLOPS?

Reaction Score
Not sure why it’s funny? Lucy had 19 points vs UConn in the first game and when she was guarded more closely in the second, got 13 point. She’s a canny guard.
Agree, she has a nice game. And we get 2 more years of her.

Reaction Score
UConn played tenacious defense today, absolutely.

Played excellent offense, spreading around the numbers.

Bench played well...well enough.

Cohesive.

Having fun, smiling, clapping, hugging.

BUT WHO'S THE GUY WITH THE SURFER BLOND HAIR, UCONN TANK TOP, JAMS, AND FLIP-FLOPS?
Checking America's Most Wanted. I'll let you know.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I watched a replay of the Marquette STJ game and it was interesting. StJ played their hearts out, especially Rayven Peeples. And they shot almost as well as Marquette. The margin of difference was FTs. Marquette made 10 more. And Chloe Marotta had a dominating game, and Karlen played well too. We will have to stop those two today, and one of the keys to it is Azzi and Lou lighting it up from the perimeter. If they can't pack the paint, it's another pair of double-doubles for Dorka and Aaliyah, and that will put a damper on Marquette's ability to run their offense. If Azzi and Lou put up 20 pts each and Dorka and Aaliyah chip in another 15 each, I think this game is a blowout. This is totally within their reach.
Do we have a new Carnac???????
Azzi didn't really light it up but just being on the court accomplished the same thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom