Sun v. Mystics - The Final | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sun v. Mystics - The Final

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just back from the game... the Sun played with incredible intensity to open the game. They maintained it pretty well with the exception of that run the Mystics to open the 2nd half. Many Sun teams of the past would have wilted in the moment, but these guys finished strong against a scary-good Mystics team.

I haven't studied the box score, but my impression fresh from the Arena is that the starters worked great together and the attack was very balenced. They were more agressive to the hoop than they have been in a long time and actually drew a bunch of fouls. JJ played so physically strong tonight. Shows you there's still up side in her game. Special kudos to rookie Natisha Hiedeman who came in for Jas and gave the Sun a good pop.

Best crowd of the season. Not quite a sell out, but the crowd was really into it the whole way... loud and proud! Hope it came through on TV, 'cause there was TONS of energy in that building.

The Sun provide a number of opportunities for season ticket members to get a little closer to the team. With this group together for so long, I feel a real attachment to them as individuals. No matter what happens next, I'm very proud of them all. Good people.

Great first hand report, thanks.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Anything is possible. The Mystics are hard to beat at home. Good luck to your team tonight.

I really do not have a favorite. I like both teams, both coaches and their stories. I just want a close high quality game and I will be happy.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Any BY going to be at the game?

Reaction Score
I really do not have a favorite. I like both teams, both coaches and their stories. I just want a close high quality game and I will be happy.
I like both teams too, but the mystics a little bit more. I really liked the Sun's play in the Sparks series. The Mystics play some beautiful offense when Meeseman and EDD are firing, the last game the Mystics offense was a bit more one-on-one and not as nice. I really like Cloud.

For the Sun, I loved the reverse lay-up that Heiderman made after getting her 3 blocked. Spectacular. I like how hard AT plays, and JJ is a reliable big. I love Courtney Williams game, but I could do with out the 'she can't guard me - that girl can't guard me.' I mean, I kinda doubt Williams can guard Meeseman either. But Williams game is so pretty.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I'm looking for a good game tonight. I hope it comes down to the last shot.

Mystics' Elena Delle Donne 'close' to 100% for Game 5 of WNBA Finals

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- There's just one day left in the WNBA season, and Washington's Elena Delle Donne said she feels pretty good heading into the decisive Game 5 of the WNBA Finals against the Connecticut Sun on Thursday night.

"I was in here and able to move," Delle Donne said after the Mystics' shoot around Thursday morning at Entertainment and Sports Arena. "We've got our entire playbook back. It's no more just me standing in the corner and hoping that works."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Holly Rowe on SC announcing that EDD is feeling a lot better and the entire playbook is open to her. :)

Reaction Score
If CT comes out with energy and physicality, they will win.

Reaction Score
Also, couldn't stand Atkins when she was in college, but man look what she became once she got out of Aston's hands!!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Good first q. A couple of really bad calls against Stricklen and Thomas but CT looks good. AT is on the bench with 2 and Tuck is the replacement.

Reaction Score
This is a good game. If the Mystics had a dominant big, this wouldn’t be close.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
1 point Sun lead at the half. Bad calls both way but overall it has been a good game so far. Really impressed with Alyssa Thomas....it's quite remarkable how she has literally zero range on her shot yet is such an impact player in a ton of different areas. Lots of similarities between her and Gabby Williams when Gabby was at UCONN in their ability to impact a game without shooting.

Reaction Score
Cool to see Connecticut being represented and one of my many second homes, Washington (where I lived for about three years).

Been reading up on the history of the league a little - a lot of teams folded, Houston, Charlotte, Cleveland, Miami, Portland and Sacremento and a few more have moved - Utah to San Antonio to Las Vegas, Detroit to Tulsa to Dallas and actually CT used to be Orlando. Stable since 2017 and the most "tumultuous" years seem to be behind the league. Anyone else think the wnba is now stable, or more stable? Will the league ever expand past 12 to perhaps 16 teams?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1 point Sun lead at the half. Bad calls both way but overall it has been a good game so far. Really impressed with Alyssa Thomas....it's quite remarkable how she has literally zero range on her shot yet is such an impact player in a ton of different areas. Lots of similarities between her and Gabby Williams when Gabby was at UCONN in their ability to impact a game without shooting.

Alyssa Thomas having an all world game. It could have gone south after picking up 2 soft fouls. Meesseman the main weapon on DC 64-62 after 3. Down to the wire. :D:D

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
CT playing insanely wild and laughably out of control and it’s going to cost them.

Just a ton of laughably dumb shots with plenty of time left on the shot clock.

Reaction Score
What a string of bad luck for New England sports teams since the Pats won the superbowl. First UConn WCBB goes down, then the Bruins miss out on the cup, then the Red Sox lackluster season, and now the Sun losing.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Congrats to the Mystics--this game is essentially over. Difference was JJ picking up her 4th relatively early in the third which made her sit and Meesseman just used and abused both Brionna Jones and Morgan Tuck to get her team back into it. She's been incredible. Should be Finals MVP.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Congrats to the Mystics--this game is essentially over. Difference was JJ picking up her 4th relatively early in the third which made her sit and Meesseman just used and abused both Jones and Tuck to get her team back into it. She's been incredible. Should be Finals MVP.

I agree. Not a Tolliver fan but everyone else on that team is good people. Especially happy for Mike T. He's been toiling a long time on the sidelines. CT played a tough series.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Mike Thibault and his Mystics. A hard fought and well deserved victory. :) He’s been coaching for over 30 years. Nice to see him get that elusive championship as a head coach.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom