Sun v. Mystics - The Final | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sun v. Mystics - The Final

Reaction Score
Yes she can shoot and a lot better than she did in college. She is just not consistent and has way to many off games. All three are pretty talented, but I’d still take Atkins over both. She’s just talent, heart, and pure hustle.
I like Powers over Atkins but Atkins over SWK. Atkins is the one player on the Mystics that like 1 on 1 ball. She can get really hot like in game one or pull out a stinker like in game three. If she plays like she did in game one the Sun have no chance.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Another game reversal. Conn over the Mystics at half 56-40. Amazing effort. I guess the Mystics look different when not hitting 60% of 3's. Meesseman and Tolliver in particular way off their games.

Sports is very strange.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, the Mystics wiped out the 16 point lead. 68-68 after 3. Meesseman completely taking over.

Reaction Score
Clutch FT by Thomas to go up by 3 after mediocre FT shooting earlier in the game.

Reaction Score
Clutch FT by Thomas to go up by 3 after mediocre FT shooting earlier in the game.
Aw man, I wanted the Mystics to win, but this was such a good game!! 9 secs, 4 pt CONN lead.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
ESPN+ has Kobe breaking down Courtney Williams Game 3 on his analysis show.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
When ABC televised game 3, they extended coverage so that we could get multiple post game interviews etc.

Of course ESPN2 quickly ends their coverage to get to a meaningless SC even though the time slot given for the game went to 10:30. Need to go to NBATV to get post game coverage.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Just back from the game... the Sun played with incredible intensity to open the game. They maintained it pretty well with the exception of that run the Mystics to open the 2nd half. Many Sun teams of the past would have wilted in the moment, but these guys finished strong against a scary-good Mystics team.

I haven't studied the box score, but my impression fresh from the Arena is that the starters worked great together and the attack was very balenced. They were more agressive to the hoop than they have been in a long time and actually drew a bunch of fouls. JJ played so physically strong tonight. Shows you there's still up side in her game. Special kudos to rookie Natisha Hiedeman who came in for Jas and gave the Sun a good pop.

Best crowd of the season. Not quite a sell out, but the crowd was really into it the whole way... loud and proud! Hope it came through on TV, 'cause there was TONS of energy in that building.

The Sun provide a number of opportunities for season ticket members to get a little closer to the team. With this group together for so long, I feel a real attachment to them as individuals. No matter what happens next, I'm very proud of them all. Good people.

Last edited:

psconn

Reaction Score
How could I have not mentioned AT in my initial comment?! If Connecticut wins this, here's your MVP, and there's no 2nd place.

Reaction Score
Delle Donne held to 11 points and -18. Tolliver held to 7 points and -14. And this game the Sun went back to having energy and being physical, which will take a toll of Washington. The next game is 2 days away. Not much time to heal. Should be a great one.

psconn

Reaction Score
This is the 7th time the WNBA Finals will go 5 games and home teams are 4-2 in those games. Significant but not overwhelming odds. Tuesday's game was just the kind of game I've been saying that the Sun need. All starters playing well, no foul trouble... 'A' game. On the road, the Sun need 'A+'.

Since Tasha Cloud has already guaranteed a Mystics victory, maybe the Sun should just forfeit. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is the 7th time the WNBA Finals will go 5 games and home teams are 4-2 in those games. Significant but not overwhelming odds. Tuesday's game was just the kind of game I've been saying that the Sun need. All starters playing well, no foul trouble... 'A' game. On the road, the Sun need 'A+'.

Since Tasha Cloud has already guaranteed a Mystics victory, maybe the Sun should just forfeit. :rolleyes:

and I think Toliver was wearing a sweat shirt with the Championship Cup. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
held to 11 pts? Didn't most of us think that after game 2 we weren't going to see EDD again in this series? And in the game they threw out stats related to Tolliver's (torn MCL) shooting, something like 20% from 3 with 2 or less days between games, otherwise 40%. Anyway, it was an amazing game. I loved the play from Williams, Thomas, Heiderman, and Cloud (I actually missed the part where Messeman took over).

And how about womens basektball players named Williams: Courtney, Christyn, Gabby, Elizabeth...

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And I'll say once again, how was Hiedeman cut by TWO teams? She's been really good in her limited minutes in the WNBA finals. I thought it brilliant to have her and Jasmine in for a few minutes. The Mystics often have five 3-point shooters in at once, well the Sun play two point guards and a point forward at the same time.

Whoever wins, this has been a GREAT series, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game.

psconn

Reaction Score
I was very happy to see T come back to the Sun. I thought she earned her spot in training camp and I was surprised to see her cut. Her time in Atlanta was totally different, of course. Basically just filling in for an overseas player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hmmm. Nationals come from behind spank the Dodgers in OT to take a 5 game series 3-2. An omen for the Mystics? :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom