Sun Season is Over | The Boneyard

Sun Season is Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
The worst in franchise history thanks to 6 key injuries. :(

For anyone else who attended: was there anything said to the crowd by Sienko, Donovan, or any players to thank everyone for supporting them this whole ugly season? I arrived at the game at the tipoff and left when the players left the floor... I heard NOTHING.

I can't help but wonder who will be around next year and what the draft may bring....

Oh well, GO UCONN!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The draft will bring either Simms, Ogwumike, Thomas, or Grey. I'm not sure if i think Grey or Simms is better. Simms has way more publicity, but I think Grey is terrific. Add in Hartley, Dolson, Schimmel, McBride, O'Neill, Lucas, and then others like Horn, Jackson, Howard, Harbarts, Bays, Simmons, etc, and I think it will be the deepest draft in many years. I have no idea how the top 25 or so coming our of HS will perform this year or how all of them have developed (Howard, Horn, and Jackson were all top 10 kids coming out of HS), but it sure will be interesting and give the Sun a lot of choices.

If they have the first pick I'm not sure who they should go for - Any of the top 4 are really going to be terrific.

Reaction Score
The worst in franchise history thanks to 6 key injuries. :(

For anyone else who attended: was there anything said to the crowd by Sienko, Donovan, or any players to thank everyone for supporting them this whole ugly season? I arrived at the game at the tipoff and left when the players left the floor... I heard NOTHING.

I can't help but wonder who will be around next year and what the draft may bring....

Oh well, GO UCONN!!!
Before the game started the whole team came on court. Renee made a brief speech thanking the fans for our support. Each player had tee shirts that they tossed to the fans.

psconn

Reaction Score
Its tough to say who the Sun would take... it depends on who comes back from this year's team. MANY free agents and wall-to-wall question marks. At this point, I have to believe the Sun would take Chiney with a #1 because they are undersized in general, but Simms, Grey, Thomas would all contribute.

psconn

Reaction Score
Before the game started the whole team came on court. Renee made a brief speech thanking the fans for our support. Each player had tee shirts that they tossed to the fans.

OK... good to hear. Thanks.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The first question the Sun will have to answer is. Will Anne Donovan be retained as Head Coach? Even before the majority of the injuries happened, the Sun were not playing well. IMHO Anne should not be retained, instead hire a young dynamic coach. Anne does not add any value to the team.

Reaction Score
Ditto on Anne...........She was plagued by injuries all season. My biggest beef is these players get beat up in Europe or Asia and are shells of themselves when the WNBA rolls around........They make huge $$$ there and the WNBA is pocket change.....The fans here in the WNBA get cheated every season....

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I agree they should not have gotten rid of Coach T, but think Donovan has not really had a chance to prove herself. There were so many injuries it was a lost cause very early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom