Sun and Storm Trade -- Renee to Seattle | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sun and Storm Trade -- Renee to Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Ct Sun have not been right since Mike Thibault left. Tina Charles couldn't
get out of there fast enough. Renee probably felt the same way.
Thibault seems to like Uconn girls (Dolson/Hartley). I would not be
surprised of he drafted Kiah Stokes at #8, but would raather see her go
to the Lynx at #11. I think that is a very good situation for Kiah. She can
learn from Brunson and McCarvel and have time to work on her offense.
Seemed like Charles wanted to play in NYC.

Another team that would be great for Stokes is Chicago. Just what they need to compliment EDD and Fowler in the frontcourt.

Reaction Score
as a die hard storm fan, you guys will love Little. Strick drives me crazy and never seems to play up to her potential. So happy about this trade. can't wait to see Renee in our jersey! too bad it took Little I guess my Little jersey is vintage now...
Yeah, Strick needs a fire lit under her. Pat was always getting on her for not playing more aggressively. She is SUPER talented though.

Reaction Score
As for Huskies on or off the Sun roster here is a column that sums up my thinking pretty accurately- not usually a fan of DiMauro but he nailed it:

http://www.theday.com/sports-columns/20150201/sun-had-to-make-this-deal
I think the problem with this article is you may have neither. I don't think the sun will be good, and that means you need to at least get the fans excited about something. I drive in from Rochester to see the team a few times a year. UCONN players are beloved and even when the sun are being crushed, give the fans something to cheer for. If the team sucks and have no UConn players it will be a LONG year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
the Mystics will improve but they won't win a championship. Thibault just can't get his teams over the hump, that's why Sienko fired him.

And I'm sure he regrets that decision every day. And if he doesn't, he should. They used to say that Calhoun would never get his teams over the hump. Until he did. The Sun was in the mix almost every year. That's not easy to do. And they were in the mix because of Thibault, not Sienko. And why isn't Sienko on the hot seat? He fired the best coach in the league and the result is two straight last place finishes. And probably three, with no hope on the horizon. Has he even won a trade since Thibault left? The Sun was a marquee WNBA franchise, now they are a joke.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Striper- - - I'm referring to:
1. when AD was at Seattle Barbara Turner was one of her players, BT was playing in Europe with a couple weeks left and Seattle camp was getting ready to open. AD contacted BT telling her she better be at 1st practice or she'll be cut so BT left her Euro team, breaking her contract, and after the 2nd practice AD cut her and BT was sued by Euro team for breaking contract!
2. When Kara Lawson was with the Sun, she hurt her back and couldn't play, right after her Dad had a heart attack and KL told AD/Sun she was going to rehab in VA and help take care of her Dad. After a couple weeks AD told Kara she had to come back & rehab in CT! Kara said no her Dad was still not well so she stayed. After the season The Sun traded KL and at the presser to announce the trade AD said she didn't want anyone on her team that had no desire to play, and didn't give 100% to the team! Why say something nasty, just thank KL for her time in CT and leave it at that, but no she had to bad mouth KL. And most BYers would say KL never had ANY problem with attitude/desire she would run through a wall for any team she played on!
3. In a few presser's after losses with the Sun she did a J. P. McCallie impression and bad mouthed some performances throwing them under the bus!
She's just a nasty, rotten human being! The Sun could have gotten someone better than AD in 2 1/2 months between MT getting fired and AD being hired!
I'm not sure what bothers me more--badmouthing Tina Charles or badmouthing Kara Lawson. Sure, Kara played for the Orange team, but no one has more integrity than Kara.

Reaction Score
The WNBA draft is only a little more than two months away. Who do you think Seattle will pick with their #1 and #3 draft picks?

Me, I'd say:

#1- KML
#3- Kiah Stokes.

Reaction Score
1. when AD was at Seattle Barbara Turner was one of her players, BT was playing in Europe with a couple weeks left and Seattle camp was getting ready to open. AD contacted BT telling her she better be at 1st practice or she'll be cut so BT left her Euro team, breaking her contract, and after the 2nd practice AD cut her and BT was sued by Euro team for breaking contract!
2. When Kara Lawson was with the Sun, she hurt her back and couldn't play, right after her Dad had a heart attack and KL told AD/Sun she was going to rehab in VA and help take care of her Dad. After a couple weeks AD told Kara she had to come back & rehab in CT! Kara said no her Dad was still not well so she stayed. After the season The Sun traded KL and at the presser to announce the trade AD said she didn't want anyone on her team that had no desire to play, and didn't give 100% to the team! Why say something nasty, just thank KL for her time in CT and leave it at that, but no she had to bad mouth KL. And most BYers would say KL never had ANY problem with attitude/desire she would run through a wall for any team she played on!
3. In a few presser's after losses with the Sun she did a J. P. McCallie impression and bad mouthed some performances throwing them under the bus!
She's just a nasty, rotten human being! The Sun could have gotten someone better than AD in 2 1/2 months between MT getting fired and AD being hired!
I can see where you're coming from. Didn't know about Turner and only heard a little about what was going on with Kara. I just read that she had back problems.

OK. Who should be the next coach then?

Reaction Score
I can see where you're coming from. Didn't know about Turner and only heard a little about what was going on with Kara. I just read that she had back problems.

OK. Who should be the next coach then?

Striper- - - I'm going out of the box but I think the Sun should hire Debbie Black who's been Head Coach at Eastern Illinois U. for 3-4 years and had been an Asst. under Jim Foster at The Ohio State U. before that! She's one of the most popular of the Sun Alumni and with her fiery personality and enthusiasm and her knowledge of the game, I think she'll be a great hire! But I don't think Etess and Sienko, Sun Management, can think that creatively, they did hire Anne Donovan afterall!

Last edited:

mr006

Reaction Score

After developing this negative culture, she'd better win - and win BIG. And since she was brought here to do what Coach T never could - which was to get them over the hump and win the big one - that's what she has to do to keep her job. If she does, it would be next to impossible for me to cheer for her anyway after all this. Takes all the fun out of it.

Reaction Score
Striper- - - I'm going out of the box but I think the Sun should hire Debbie Black who's been Head Coach at Eastern Illinois U. for 3-4 years and had been an Asst. under Jim Foster at The Ohio State U. before that! She's one of the most popular of the Sun Alumni and with her fiery personality and enthusiasm and her knowledge of the game, I think she'll be a great hire! But I don't think Etess and Sienko, Sun Management, can think that creatively, they did hire Anne Donovan afterall!
Agree with you on this choice. Not to defend Etess and Sienko but need to point out that a lot of the same coaches seem to be recycled around the league.

Reaction Score
Agree with you on this choice. Not to defend Etess and Sienko but need to point out that a lot of the same coaches seem to be recycled around the league.

JBMudd- - -In baseball it's called the "ole boy network!" No matter their records the same guys keep being rehired to continue losing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom