Sun 2/10 Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sun 2/10 Games

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Colorado up 1 w/ a little bit over 2 minutes left. Come on Buffs, you can do this. Rotten luck w/ Leonard going down with an injury right at the beginning of conference play, not sure if she's going to return. 0-11 in conference coming into today.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Marquette is back to completely manhandling the Big East, demolished Villanova 93-55.

Iowa leading Ohio State by only 4 at the half. Gustafson has 10 points and 9 rebounds.

Colorado hangs on to beat USC by 9 for its first Pac-12 win. Congrats to them, but wow this hurts USC a lot. They follow up their best win of the season over Utah with a loss to a team outside the top 100.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anigwe and Gustafson both chalked up yet another double double, both games w/ plenty of clock left in Q3. You can pretty much pencil it in for both of them every game.

edit--although OSU has kept Anigwe off the offensive glass thus far, all 10 of her boards are on the defensive end

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Iowa running away from tOSU now, up 21 after Q3.

Oregon St. on a run late in Q3, now up 7 on Cal. Looks like it's pretty much Anigwe and nothing else for the Bears.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anigwe and Gustafson are both at 25 points and 13 rebounds. Who ends up w/ a better stat line? The Iowa game is a couple minutes ahead of Cal.

Reaction Score
Cal is on a 3-point barrage, has currently hit 4 in a row on Oregon State.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal is on a 3-point barrage, has currently hit 4 in a row on Oregon State.

They started the game hot (4-7), went ice cold and were 5-18, now 10-27. Make up your mind already Cal, can you hit them or not?

OSU is only 5-17. Really poor shooting this weekend for them. Still clinging to a lead though.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal hits another 3. 72-70 OSU. They have to cool off again don't they?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
78-52 Iowa final. 29 points and 16 reb. for Gustafson, 14-19 FG shooting.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
82-74 Oregon St. final, much needed win. Hit FTs down the stretch. Slocum finished w/ 26, 17 for Goodman and 16 for Pivec.

31 and 18 for Anigwe. Thomas had 15 and Brown 11 (9 in the first quarter). Cal finished 11-33 from behind the arc, in a hot, cold, hot, cold performance. Weird.

Plebe

Reaction Score
82-74 Oregon St. final, much needed win. Hit FTs down the stretch. Slocum finished w/ 26, 17 for Goodman and 16 for Pivec.

31 and 18 for Anigwe. Thomas had 15 and Brown 11 (9 in the first quarter). Cal finished 11-33 from behind the arc, in a hot, cold, hot, cold performance. Weird.
Played out largely as I thought. No answer for Anigwe inside, although she did miss a number of shots (finished 10-18). She got to the FT line as lot as well: took all of Cal's 14 FTs (11-14).

But Oregon State responded with great guard play from Slocum, Pivec and Goodman. McWilliams was a no-show offensively, but still had just enough to overcome Anigwe's interior dominance.

This was an important win for Oregon State. Puts them in strong position for a top-16 seeding, IMO.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
McWilliams was a no-show offensively

I've really been disappointed w/ her offensive game. Down the back stretch of last season she was a consistent double figure scorer. She's had a few good games this year but has largely been a non-factor in the scoring column. Thought she might step up as a Sr. but it hasn't happened. She gets credited by many OSU fans for her defense and intangibles, but they really needed her to score more after Tudor got hurt.

Reaction Score
Katie McWilliams is Rueck's GLUE on defense. She will get 30+ minutes going forward, and KTMac surprises when the BIG moments are presented. Her 3-point shooting in her senior year has been the worst of her 4 years. I sure hope it turns around. The BIG win for OSU today was the POST play of Grymek and Freshman Trish Morris. I sure hope Rueck keeps Trish Morris in the rotation. She played very well in the minutes she got today. And while Jo Grymek is somewhat of a statue, she played tougher than she has all year. Jo had 3 blocks on Anigwe today. Our post play was better than it has been all year.

Reaction Score
I attended the OSU-Cal game and, though I am a Cal supporter, I found myself in the midst of OSU supporters just behind the Oregon State bench. I thought the OSU supporters were really great, so I wanted to compliment them. They cheered for their team, but didn't jeer Cal or the referees, and I was very comfortable cheering for Cal.

I also wanted to praise Grymek. She injured her knee or ankle early on and was clearly in pain until taken out of the game. She came back and did a great job of guarding Anigwe, whom I consider to be one of the best players in the country. Destiny Slocum was terrific for OSU and managed to dismantle the Cal defense single-handedly.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That Duke loss to UVA was worse that I had originally imagined. I knew it had been awhile since UVA last beat Duke. Looked it up.... UVA's last victory in the series was Jan 30, 2000 19 years ago Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

lawd hammercy

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That Duke loss to UVA was worse that I had originally imagined. I knew it had been awhile since UVA last beat Duke. Looked it up.... UVA's last victory in the series was Jan 30, 2000 19 years ago Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

lawd hammercy

at least it was this millennium. :oops:

Plebe

Reaction Score

lawd hammercy
Look on the bright side. Maybe it'll be another 19 years before it happens again?

Reaction Score
I attended the OSU-Cal game and, though I am a Cal supporter, I found myself in the midst of OSU supporters just behind the Oregon State bench. I thought the OSU supporters were really great, so I wanted to compliment them. They cheered for their team, but didn't jeer Cal or the referees, and I was very comfortable cheering for Cal.

I also wanted to praise Grymek. She injured her knee or ankle early on and was clearly in pain until taken out of the game. She came back and did a great job of guarding Anigwe, whom I consider to be one of the best players in the country. Destiny Slocum was terrific for OSU and managed to dismantle the Cal defense single-handedly.
Thank you for taking the time to write this post. You described the OSU fan behavior I typically see at our home games as well. One of the reasons I like to attend OSU games is to witness great basketball players/teams that visit. They get my applause when they perform well. There is few things better than hearing an opposing coach acknowledge how much they (and their team) enjoyed playing in front of OSU fans at Gill Coliseum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom