Summer Session coming up | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Summer Session coming up

Reaction Score
I don't know if she's speculating, but Maggie Vanoni's new article says Chen and Strong are likely to be starters.

I think Geno values Kaitlyn's impact as much as he did Lou's only year with us. Maturity, drive and experience. KK and Aubrey off the bench (when Aubrey's fully healthy) will be be demoralizing for teams. I think Maggie said that for a reason, she's been around awhile now. She wouldn't speculate like that. But who knows these days!

Reaction Score
Geno spoke about how Chen’s transition has been seamless (paraphrasing) due to her having played four years under Berube. Princeton definitely looked like a UConn-lite from the games I’ve seen, so her potentially starting doesn’t come as a surprise to me at all.

With the new rule, does Chen get another year??

Reaction Score
With the new rule, does Chen get another year??

I believe this is her last year.

She played 3 years at Princeton (her Freshman season was the one that was cancelled). This is technically her Graduate (and fifth) year, but fourth year playing.

Reaction Score
I believe this is her last year.

She played 3 years at Princeton (her Freshman season was the one that was cancelled). This is technically her Graduate (and fifth) year, but fourth year playing.

The ncaa passed something that if you missed/did t play the 2020 season you get another year

Reaction Score
I think Geno values Kaitlyn's impact as much as he did Lou's only year with us. Maturity, drive and experience. KK and Aubrey off the bench (when Aubrey's fully healthy) will be be demoralizing for teams. I think Maggie said that for a reason, she's been around awhile now. She wouldn't speculate like that. But who knows these days!
She didn't say when though. Fudd will be worked into the rotation and given her being 100% she will eventually start but games 1-3? Could be Chen. She will need to be special to start so I hope she starts.
Strong just exudes confidence and efficient skill on the court. The step up won't slow her down IMO. UConn has 4.5 players with the size/strength to play inside for long minutes. I'd guess that 2 of them will be on the court most of the time in big games and I'd say it's 60-40 that Strong starts game 1 and 80-20 that she starts at some point. I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom