Summer Concerts | The Boneyard

Summer Concerts

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm going to U2 at Gillette. Damn those tickets were expensive. I'm hoping to go to Rod Stewart and Cindi Lauper, but might be in Chicago.

ZooCogar, do you go to Bonner Springs? I saw my first Buffett Concert there when it was called Sandstone.

Reaction Score
I'm going to U2 at Gillette. Damn those tickets were expensive. I'm hoping to go to Rod Stewart and Cindi Lauper, but might be in Chicago.

ZooCogar, do you go to Bonner Springs? I saw my first Buffett Concert there when it was called Sandstone.

Never been. I think it's called "The Cricket Wireless Amphitheater" All of the acts I like have been going to Starlight Theater, which is a pretty awesome outdoor venue. Seeing Muse play "Starlight" at the Starlight will be amusing. But the last time I was there was for Queens of the Stone Age. Awesome show.

We're going to Chicago for U2. I am totally pumped for both shows.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tedeschi Trucks Band in Simsbury July 9th.
I'm going. I wish this tour came by last year when they had Los Lobos and the N. Miss. All-Stars. But I am looking forward to Hot Tuna. I've been trying to catch them for years.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm going. I wish this tour came by last year when they had Los Lobos and the N. Miss. All-Stars. But I am looking forward to Hot Tuna. I've been trying to catch them for years.
The Wood Bros. are great also. You should definitely enjoy then.

I've seen Hot Tuna more times than I can remember. They usually wear on me by droning on and on, but will be nice to see as an opener.

Reaction Score
I've got tickets to see Foreigner/Cheap Trick double bill towards the end of Summer. They are the headliners for the local classic rock station's annual concert. I saw Cheap Trick a few years ago at a much smaller venue and they were awesome. And the first Foreigner record was the first album I ever bought. Should be a fun show.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've seen Hot Tuna more times than I can remember. They usually wear on me by droning on and on, but will be nice to see as an opener.

Do you think they will be electric or acoustic?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm going to U2 at Gillette.

My wife wants to go to U2. I checked out the tour and simply told her, "Not interested. I'll hold out for the 'Achtung Baby'" anniversary tour.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My wife wants to go to U2. I checked out the tour and simply told her, "Not interested. I'll hold out for the 'Achtung Baby'" anniversary tour.

That's like turning down perfectly cooked filet mignon because you want to wait to eat a frost burned hamburger patty that's in the bottom of your freezer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I've got tickets to see Foreigner/Cheap Trick double bill towards the end of Summer. They are the headliners for the local classic rock station's annual concert. I saw Cheap Trick a few years ago at a much smaller venue and they were awesome. And the first Foreigner record was the first album I ever bought. Should be a fun show.

I've seen Cheap Trick 4-5 times in the last ten years. Great live band.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That's like turning down perfectly cooked filet mignon because you want to wait to eat a frost burned hamburger patty that's in the bottom of your freezer.

Nice try. I have little to no interest in Bono crooning those dreary, dated hits from Joshua Tree. Achtung Baby was a far, far better album, IMO and for the most part, still holds up.

Reaction Score
7 of the Phish MSG shows, Dead & Co at Citi and Fenway, moe. , Twiddle, The Expendables, Dispatch, and possibly Locken.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If September counts, you can add Roger Waters. I loved THE WALL when it came to the XL. Tickets on sale today if you can guess the presale code.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If September counts, you can add Roger Waters. I loved THE WALL when it came to the XL. Tickets on sale today if you can guess the presale code.
@Waquoit , do you know it by any chance? My daughter would love to see this show.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks again for the heads up on these tix. I held off on the presale tickets because I didn't like the seats they were offering and I just scored a nice pier in the second price tier this morning during the regular sale. My daughter is very psyched to see this and so am I.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Tedeschi Trucks Band in Simsbury July 9th.
Anyone else go last night? Great night. Loved the venue again, too, but really hate the ride. And the concessions were brutal.

Reaction Score
Went to Wango Tango in LA, KTUphoria at Jones Beach and iHeart Summer Weekend in Miami.

Had U2 tickets for Meadowlands but had to sell them due to a work conflict. :(

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stop bumping old threads.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Stop bumping old threads.
Thought I might see you there catching a few winks last night. IIRC Tedeschi Trucks Band puts you to sleep.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom