Suggested . . . suggested . . .suggested?!?!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Suggested . . . suggested . . .suggested?!?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Aha, the personal shot! Great way to rebut the argument. Guess Sue H is an too for letting JH go. God forbid highly-paid people in public positions are held to any kind of standard

I actually pulled it back and deleted it (see above) - didn't realize my Internet speed was that fast and it was too late. It was juvenile.

Reaction Score
I actually pulled it back and deleted it (see above) - didn't realize my Internet speed was that fast and it was too late. It was juvenile.

Thx, appreciate the attempt at the pullback. Enjoy the spirited debate.

Reaction Score
Look. I wanted these guys gone as badly as all of you, but that is not the kind of conversation that you want to have with your boss.

This is actually semi-good news. Ever get called in an told tht you were off track, and that you needed to fix the whole way you were doing business? If not, do you imagine that you walk out of that room feeling good?

That was basically step one. If we are in this position again next year, we should realistically expect P to be fired.

Warde: Paul you are a big boy. Everything you have done to date is not good enough. Consider finding someone else to call plays, other than that, we are paying you the big bucks to figure it out.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Look. I wanted these guys gone as badly as all of you, but that is not the kind of conversation that you want to have with your boss.

This is actually semi-good news. Ever get called in an told tht you were off track, and that you needed to fix the whole way you were doing business? If not, do you imagine that you walk out of that room feeling good?

That was basically step one. If we are in this position again next year, we should realistically expect P to be fired.

Warde: Paul you are a big boy. Everything you have done to date is not good enough. Consider finding someone else to call plays, other than that, we are paying you the big bucks to figure it out.
good point, this is not handling the performance review with a knee jerk reaction, and sets the tone of fairness. That tone will go a long way in managing all the coaches by showing expectations of progress. He holds them accountable but will not dictate how they run their department.

Will make the new HC next year know how his tenure will be handled. I hope.

Reaction Score
good point, this is not handling the performance review with a knee jerk reaction, and sets the tone of fairness. That tone will go a long way in managing all the coaches by showing expectations of progress. He holds them accountable but will not dictate how they run their department.

Will make the new HC next year know how his tenure will be handled. I hope.

Warde is taking a great deal of heat from me and others. But he is not doing the knee jerk, stereotypical new AD thing and cleaning house. It's a little refreshing but that tells me that he is patient, and that he isn't even wearing a leash.

I just hope he realizes that the stink of irrelevancy is hard to get rid of.

Reaction Score
Warde is taking a great deal of heat from me and others. But he is not doing the knee jerk, stereotypical new AD thing and cleaning house. It's a little refreshing but that tells me that he is patient, and that he isn't even wearing a leash.

I just hope he realizes that the stink of irrelevancy is hard to get rid of.

I agree. I kind of feel like Warde did the right thing now that I've cooled off. I like Coach P and I think he is a good fit for us because if he can win, he'll stay here. I don't want a reputation as a coaching carousel. Unfortunately, he will not win without a great OC helping him. He just isn't good enough. P needs to do a major staff reshuffling to have a chance.

On top of that, and lost in the discussion is Don Brown. Any second now we might here that he has found another job. I hope Warde is ready to pay him a little more and be proactive.

Reaction Score
I agree. I kind of feel like Warde did the right thing now that I've cooled off. I like Coach P and I think he is a good fit for us because if he can win, he'll stay here. I don't want a reputation as a coaching carousel. Unfortunately, he will not win without a great OC helping him. He just isn't good enough. P needs to do a major staff reshuffling to have a chance.

On top of that, and lost in the discussion is Don Brown. Any second now we might here that he has found another job. I hope Warde is ready to pay him a little more and be proactive.

I think there is a 10% chance Don Brown remains here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

You think he might head up to Chestnut Hill, or take over at Temple? It's possible.

Reaction Score
To me, the ultimate glass half full argument on keeping PP is that Warde thinks we'll be in a real conference next year and would rather hire his next coach with that negotiating chip available.

That's what I'm trying to believe - helps minimize the crying.

Reaction Score

Hope that's not true, because he would make a real nice head coach. PP could turn this around a little next year, could get to 8-4, or 7-5. Even with GDL running the offense. The QB is going to be better. The OL is going to be better. But, I'm not going to bet on that. Just seeing the product, you can tell PP and GDL have exhausted their careers. There's still fuel to burn, but you're not going to get a big fire out of them. So, 6-6, maybe 7-5, maybe 5-7, but the signs will be there no matter. PP will be gone, and Don Brown could step in. His defense is untainted. Bring in a new OC, and this turns around quickly.

Reaction Score
Look, Deleone is on the road recruiting. You don't publicly undercut him now for gosh sakes. But I have no doubt that Manuel made himself clear and that their will be a change in the offensive coordinator position come the opening of camp. Probably sooner.

Reaction Score
I am still amazed at the sheer lack of accountability at the Offensive Coordinator position. GDL performed amongst the worst in the entire nation yet not only is his job safe we're just talking about suggesting he not call the plays? It raises the question as to how could he actually get fired because apparently doing completely horrible at your job isnt enough.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
PP could turn this around a little next year, could get to 8-4, or 7-5. Even with GDL running the offense.

I don't think he can. He had his honeymoon last year. This year's team should have been 8-4 or 7-5. He coached these players to a losing record.

Reaction Score
31291898.jpg

Well played, sir.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
WM also said "There weren't any ultimatums or anything like that. I don't manage by threatening."

Well how exactly do you manage, Warde? Do you manage at all? Do you have a plan, a vision? Or does your plan begin and end with monitoring? Or are you just riding it out, working the phones for an easier gig?

Reaction Score
Look, Deleone is on the road recruiting. You don't publicly undercut him now for gosh sakes. But I have no doubt that Manuel made himself clear and that their will be a change in the offensive coordinator position come the opening of camp. Probably sooner.
I'm sure there will - just like there was after PP was given that ultimatum at SU - PP publicly assumed the play calling duties since GDL wasn't allowed to do it anymore.

incredibly the next fall the offense looked EXACTLY like it did when GDL was calling the plays - a steady diet of run/run/pass/punt for most of the game to set up the eventual sneaky TE throwback pass.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there will - just like there was after PP was given that ultimatum at SU - PP publicly assumed the play calling duties since GDL wasn't allowed to do it anymore.

incredibly the next fall the offense looked EXACTLY like it did when GDL was calling the plays - a steady diet of run/run/pass/punt for most of the game to set up the eventual sneaky TE throwback pass.

THIS is exactly what I have been posting about and is my biggest fear next year.

Reaction Score

OH MY GOD MOJO - we are about to witness history repeating itself. Only thing good about this was the beatdown of BC

http://www.dailyorange.com/2004/09/...s-pasqualoni-s-duties-as-head-coach-increase/

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
THIS is exactly what I have been posting about and is my biggest fear next year.
The story had a happy ending however as P got canned once the year was over. Here's to history repeating itself.

Reaction Score
The story had a happy ending however as P got canned once the year was over. Here's to history repeating itself.

Just stinks that we have to waste time when we all know what the outcome is going to be. Not much going our way lately, getting stuck in this podunk conference and getting the awful status quo back at coach and oc.

Reaction Score

I hope we go 9-3 and he's still our coach in 2014.

And when that doesn't happen him and his buddy get canned.

pj

Reaction Score

According to that Daily Orange story (http://www.dailyorange.com/2004/09/...s-pasqualoni-s-duties-as-head-coach-increase/), in 2004 somebody else (PP) became the offensive coordinator but GDL still called plays from the booth.

Warde Manuel is apparently suggesting that GDL remain the offensive coordinator but that somebody else call the plays.

The outcome may be the same but the process to get there will be totally different!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom