Sue Bird knee injury (possibly out for the season) | The Boneyard

Sue Bird knee injury (possibly out for the season)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Yet another veteran star out for much or all of the WNBA season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What the .%4&$#& is going on. Head bangHead bang:mad::mad::mad::(:(:(

I join in your query. :eek: With Stewie already lost for the season, Sue’s injury will cause management to take a different approach to the season. The goal will not change, just the path they’ll have to take to get there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well this sucks - all 3 UConn GOAT candidates plus Sue are out this season, or at least major parts of it. That wipes out a major chunk of world-class talent from the WNBA, ugh...

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well this sucks - all 3 UConn GOAT candidates plus Sue are out this season, or at least major parts of it. That wipes out a major chunk of world-class talent from the WNBA, ugh...

View attachment 43416
After looking at this picture I want to take an insurance policy out on Charles. Heck even Geno had knee surgery.

Reaction Score
Yeah, this stinks. Definitely takes the shine off of the WNBA season for a lot of fans.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Yikes...glad it isnt an ACL. Hope she recovers quickly. I dont know the extent of it, but I'm guessing it isnt too serious based on the description. Stinks for Sue. Realistically the Storm werent going to be a top team without Stewart, so if they tank now that they're without Bird, they have a shot to land Ionescu or Cox next year to add to Bird, Howard, Loyd, and Stewart.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
so if they tank now that they're without Bird, they have a shot to land Ionescu or Cox next year to add to Bird, Howard, Loyd, and Stewart.

They would almost surely have the worst lottery odds because those are based on two-year cumulative records. But I'm prepared for them to get the 1st pick anyway.

Because apparently Seattle and LV are the only teams that can have a #1 pick :rolleyes:

(yes, I'm bitter)

Reaction Score
Literally all the best players in the WNBA aren’t playing to start the season or the whole season. Taurasi, Bird, Diggins, Moore, McCoughtry, Stewart. I expect the sparks to win the championship year, if not, it would be an underperformance. They have Gray, Beard, Parker, Nneka, Chiney and Jones, Wiese, Brown, Lavender, and more on the bench...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sue has made the rounds on knee injuries and they just might bracket her career. Would anyone blame her if she said this is it gang? I certainly would not. There is a lot to be said for being able to walk pain free for the next few decades. Whatever she chooses to do, she has my total support and good wishes.

She's got nothing left to prove. No worlds to conquer.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sue has made the rounds on knee injuries and they just might bracket her career. Would anyone blame her if she said this is it gang? I certainly would not. There is a lot to be said for being able to walk pain free for the next few decades. Whatever she chooses to do, she has my total support and good wishes.

Totally agree but I think she would want at least one more season with Stewie hopefully back at full strength. Much depends on the type of injury and her rehabilitation but her attitude during interviews is always " why would I not want to do this ? "

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

She's got nothing left to prove. No worlds to conquer.

But both of these players and friends want to hold up FIVE fingers in 2020. Unmatched.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I agree @MilfordHusky that Sue has been feeling the magnetic attraction of that for a while. Remember, both said they were done, which lasted all of about 6 months! Looking at that Seattle Phoenix semifinal last year you knew both could get there IF the bodies held out. I still hope for it.

Today I watched the full game highlites of the 5th game of their semifinal series and saw what I missed before: with 13.5 seconds left Sue was taking the ball in under her basket, guarded by DT, and Sue quickly slipped her a little down low gimme 5. Foes in theory, Husky sisters forever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A reminder just how quickly a team can dramatically change. Knock on wood...we've been pretty lucky injury-wise. Can't have too many good players.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Sue is getting old. And when people get old, they are more prone to injuries.

It happens.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
They would almost surely have the worst lottery odds because those are based on two-year cumulative records. But I'm prepared for them to get the 1st pick anyway.

Because apparently Seattle and LV are the only teams that can have a #1 pick :rolleyes:

(yes, I'm bitter)

Forgot about the 2 year rule. Appears to be a massive drop off after Cox/Sabrina too, so maybe there really isn't much of a silver lining.

Reaction Score
Seems like 8-10 weeks is the expected recovery time. 'Out for the season' was clickbait.
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 10.24.50 AM.png

Reaction Score
This means I mainly root Sky with Lou, Gabby and Steph. Just made sure I had CBS Sports app installed to catch May 25 game against Pheesa. For some reason my one year WNBA pass has carried into new season. I am not complaining...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom