Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi open door for Team USA return | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi open door for Team USA return

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Love Ionescu, and not sure why she's being compared to Durr.
Durr is a straight up SG, while Ionescu is a triple double machine.
Yes, but Ionescu dominates the ball. That works well with a mid-level Oregon team, but I don't think it's feasible at the highest level.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yes, but Ionescu dominates the ball. That works well with a mid-level Oregon team, but I don't think it's feasible at the highest level.

I don't see her that way at all. Cazorla had the ball in her hands about as much as Ionescu did. They were basically both PG.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Robinson had an Achilles strain during camp (which she eventually surgically corrected). I wouldn't rule her out just yet.

Briann January could be a candidate.
One of the things I found very interesting I think in the lead up to the Olympics was an interview with Carol where she talked about the evaluation process of players for the pool and how much USA basketball followed the international play of the USA players - one of the positives she cited for Robinson was how she was leading her Euro team to great success.
Given that interest in not just WNBA production but also foreign play, I think Diggins lack of international play was a serious negative in her effort to make the team - add in then being missing from the camp due to injury ...

Reaction Score
One of the things I found very interesting I think in the lead up to the Olympics was an interview with Carol where she talked about the evaluation process of players for the pool and how much USA basketball followed the international play of the USA players - one of the positives she cited for Robinson was how she was leading her Euro team to great success.
Given that interest in not just WNBA production but also foreign play, I think Diggins lack of international play was a serious negative in her effort to make the team - add in then being missing from the camp due to injury ...

That's an interesting tidbit. I'd be interested in just how they use international play as a measure. You really can't compare Euroleague teams to the Chinese league, for example; the talent level is drastically different and the demands on foreign players different as well.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That's an interesting tidbit. I'd be interested in just how they use international play as a measure. You really can't compare Euroleague teams to the Chinese league, for example; the talent level is drastically different and the demands on foreign players different as well.
Specific to Robinson it was the leadership and success that they were commenting on - she was playing on a pathetic Stars team in the WNBA so it was another window on how she could do with a team that won one of the Euro titles under her stewardship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom