Success | The Boneyard

Success

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
For anybody who wants to be great at what they do they need to have an open mind, be willing to change, have the best coaches to learn from, be willing to listen, work hard at what theyre taught and never ever give up.
How long will it take? As long as it takes. You still see Diana shooting a few hundred shots a day. To become a great shooter how many balls must you shoot? As many as it takes and once you think youve got it dont ever let up because theres somebody right behind you waiting for you to stop.

Understand one thing about becoming successful. Winners never quit and quitters never win.

UConn is by far the greatest program in WCBB. Becoming a UConn Husky is not about who you are...its about what you become.
Girls come to play for Geno because they want to be the best they can be. Geno is successful and they want to be successful. He cares about all of them and all the people that work in the UConn WCBB program. He takes care of all of them because thats who he is. The players the staff the managers the players all of them.

Understand becoming great isnt luck. Its hard work disguised as fun. You cant wish you way to the top. You have to work at it and it takes time. You need the coaches that can get you there. Coming to UConn gives you that because theyve already done it and have the records to prove it. You dont have to go anyplace else. Working hard is frustrating, and working with coaches who dont have the track record is even more frustrating. If you think you dont need good coaching remember this...the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and think you will improve. Your way might have worked in high school but its not gonna work at the next level which is college and college is suppose to prepare you for the next level which is professional basketball and if your not good enough then you better have a coach who can get on a successful road to a career. Because once youve made it you can look back and say....I did it, and then you keep doing it because now its fun.

Success is nothing more then failure turned inside out. Babe Ruth struck out over 2,000 times but all everybody remembers is his 714 home runs. Ben Franklin tried over 9,999 times to discover electricity and on the 10,000 time reached his goal

Ive said this before.... Success is making a total commitment. You will pay a huge price, in advance, and there are no guarantees. You lay it all on the line and work hard until you reach your goal. That means you give up everything and commit to your dream. It means giving up your good times. It means doing everything it takes to be reach your goal and a than do a little bit more to maintain it. You see Geno is already more successful then any coach in WCBB. He still every year starts over again with his new players, working with them and preparing them for their future. He has nothing to prove. His proof is in his accomplishments which are his players and records. His records stand alone. Yet he still does it every single season over and over again. He gets the best players but only those who are coachable those who are willing to commit to him. He can make you great if you want it but you will have to work very hard for it. Its not easy. But with worth it. A lot of people play the lottery because they want to be rich. Doing that gives them hope and imo is the easy way out if you win. Most dont win. Others many immigrants come here with a dream and work hard and become wealthy. You see its not about where you come from, its not about what you look like. Its all about the way you think, the drive in you, the commitment you make and how willing you are to pay that huge price to become successful. There is a book written by Napoleon Hill named think and grow rich. I know many people who have read that book looking for the answer...the answer is in the title. Think...and grow rich. Its all about the way you think.

For those of you who dont know me can kinda get and idea about what Im about. Youve read my posts. I try to be positive all the time, especially when every body is down and when things dont work out the way I thought they were planned. I read some post and listen to posters argue with each other or take things out of context. I know theyre frustrated or angry. I just think to myself who wants to follow someone like that. Who wants to follow someone who's negative. I try to uplift this board. Sometimes it tuff, but I never give up because there's always that one person who waits for you to say something negative so they can point it out.

Hey for those recruits who want to do something special in their life, who have a dream that they want to fulfil and who are willing to make a total commitment, who are willing to pay the price in advance with no guarantees, UConn may be for you. For those of you who dont Good luck to you too

Reaction Score
For anybody who wants to be great at what they do they need to have an open mind, be willing to change, have the best coaches to learn from, be willing to listen, work hard at what theyre taught and never ever give up.
How long will it take? As long as it takes. You still see Diana shooting a few hundred shots a day. To become a great shooter how many balls must you shoot? As many as it takes and once you think youve got it dont ever let up because theres somebody right behind you waiting for you to stop.

Understand one thing about becoming successful. Winners never quit and quitters never win.

UConn is by far the greatest program in WCBB. Becoming a UConn Husky is not about who you are...its about what you become.
Girls come to play for Geno because they want to be the best they can be. Geno is successful and they want to be successful. He cares about all of them and all the people that work in the UConn WCBB program. He takes care of all of them because thats who he is. The players the staff the managers the players all of them.

Understand becoming great isnt luck. Its hard work disguised as fun. You cant wish you way to the top. You have to work at it and it takes time. You need the coaches that can get you there. Coming to UConn gives you that because theyve already done it and have the records to prove it. You dont have to go anyplace else. Working hard is frustrating, and working with coaches who dont have the track record is even more frustrating. If you think you dont need good coaching remember this...the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and think you will improve. Your way might have worked in high school but its not gonna work at the next level which is college and college is suppose to prepare you for the next level which is professional basketball and if your not good enough then you better have a coach who can get on a successful road to a career. Because once youve made it you can look back and say....I did it, and then you keep doing it because now its fun.

Success is nothing more then failure turned inside out. Babe Ruth struck out over 2,000 times but all everybody remembers is his 714 home runs. Ben Franklin tried over 9,999 times to discover electricity and on the 10,000 time reached his goal

Ive said this before.... Success is making a total commitment. You will pay a huge price, in advance, and there are no guarantees. You lay it all on the line and work hard until you reach your goal. That means you give up everything and commit to your dream. It means giving up your good times. It means doing everything it takes to be reach your goal and a than do a little bit more to maintain it. You see Geno is already more successful then any coach in WCBB. He still every year starts over again with his new players, working with them and preparing them for their future. He has nothing to prove. His proof is in his accomplishments which are his players and records. His records stand alone. Yet he still does it every single season over and over again. He gets the best players but only those who are coachable those who are willing to commit to him. He can make you great if you want it but you will have to work very hard for it. Its not easy. But with worth it. A lot of people play the lottery because they want to be rich. Doing that gives them hope and imo is the easy way out if you win. Most dont win. Others many immigrants come here with a dream and work hard and become wealthy. You see its not about where you come from, its not about what you look like. Its all about the way you think, the drive in you, the commitment you make and how willing you are to pay that huge price to become successful. There is a book written by Napoleon Hill named think and grow rich. I know many people who have read that book looking for the answer...the answer is in the title. Think...and grow rich. Its all about the way you think.

For those of you who dont know me can kinda get and idea about what Im about. Youve read my posts. I try to be positive all the time, especially when every body is down and when things dont work out the way I thought they were planned. I read some post and listen to posters argue with each other or take things out of context. I know theyre frustrated or angry. I just think to myself who wants to follow someone like that. Who wants to follow someone who's negative. I try to uplift this board. Sometimes it tuff, but I never give up because there's always that one person who waits for you to say something negative so they can point it out.

Hey for those recruits who want to do something special in their life, who have a dream that they want to fulfil and who are willing to make a total commitment, who are willing to pay the price in advance with no guarantees, UConn may be for you. For those of you who dont Good luck to you too
Well said!!
Well Done Good Job GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It always bugs the hell out of me when I hear "fans" say, "Geez, it's great that Azzi's such a natural shooter," as though her shot just happened through genes. Azzi's shot, Paige's game, Aaliyah's up-and-under: Those are all the results of thousands of hours of work.

Sometime either between when she committed to UConn and soon after she got there, I saw a picture of Paige with the John Wooden quote on a cork board behind her: "Trying hard doesn't guarantee success, but not trying hard guarantees failure." I printed it out and had it on a cork board myself, both at work and in the room where I practiced the flute. (Damn those arthritic hands!)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom