Subway to sell to Arby's | The Boneyard

Subway to sell to Arby's

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The mashup that absolutely no one ever asked for.

Kinda weird. Article says Roark Capital already owns Jimmy John's.

Regardless for national chain sub shops Jersey Mike's is far and away the best. And, if you are traveling and tight on time, you don't always have time to find the local sandwich shop. Consistency is a strong attribute.

Reaction Score

Regardless for national chain sub shops Jersey Mike's is far and away the best. And, if you are traveling and tight on time, you don't always have time to find the local sandwich shop. Consistency is a strong attribute.
They're all a last resort for me. Any local deli is generally far better than whatever these chains can provide.

Subway's franchise model I assume is not helping them. They just went crazy with expansion to the point that franchises are really easy to get (plenty of unqualified people own them), cannibalizing each other's business due to their proximity, and the consistency is just not there.

Reaction Score
The further u get from the northeast, the harder it is to find what we’d define to be a good sandwich. Subway, like the rest of the chains, are made for others. It’s the same for Italian food - name a good chain.

This is a perfect match for a PE firm and Shd be fixable in near term. Regardless, I’m not stopping at subway, Arby’s or Jimmy Johns

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Never been to a Jersey Mike's because I have local guys that I like. Is it worth trying?

Reaction Score

Never been to a Jersey Mike's but my buddy said they charged him $23 for their large Philly cheesesteak. That's insane to me.

Reaction Score
Never been to a Jersey Mike's but my buddy said they charged him $23 for their large Philly cheesesteak. That's insane to me.

I just looked at a menu because that sounded like it couldn’t possibly be correct - the most expensive “giant” sandwich I saw was $14.

Agree with the poster who said it’s by far the best of the national chains. Sometimes you can’t hunt for the “mom and pop who’ve been doing it for 75 years” and JM is always solid. I’d probably rather eat roadkill than Subway (or Arby’s for that matter).

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The Wreck with the works at Potbelly's is my favorite sub sandwich from a national chain. I like Jersey Mike's but I tend to go to the local deli shops in my town.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I just looked at a menu because that sounded like it couldn’t possibly be correct - the most expensive “giant” sandwich I saw was $14.

Agree with the poster who said it’s by far the best of the national chains. Sometimes you can’t hunt for the “mom and pop who’ve been doing it for 75 years” and JM is always solid. I’d probably rather eat roadkill than Subway (or Arby’s for that matter).

I got hit up for $20 for the giant sub with a bag of chips and a fountain drink a few weeks ago. The giant sub is 16" and is definitely a two meal sandwich.

Northeast and midwest have so many good local delis and butcher shops I'd never eat at a chain sandwich shop up there. Where I'm at in the south the Publix sandwiches, affectionately dubbed Pub Subs, are as good as it gets. A whole sub is ony setting you back $10 or $11 but it's still nowhere near as good as what you'd get in the northeast or midwest.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yup. Ridiculous. I tried buying a lb. of good Pastrami (plate, not the garbage round cut) from a Deli last week and it was 21 dollars a lb. I left.

So I took matters into my own hands. Enough is enough. I bought a 10lb Brisket at Costco for 2.99 a lb.
Then I threw it into a plastic tub with some Prague Powder#1 and Kosher Salt and a couple gallons of water for 4 days to turn it into Corned Beef:
corned.jpg

And then on Day 5 I rubbed it and smoked it and turned into Pastrami.

pastrami.jpg

Im entertaining offers from Roark Capital offering to buy my new company. Because I will not buy deli meat. Ever.

Reaction Score
"Arby's, we have the meats" will now be "Arby's, we have the meats... although sometimes that's one slice of wet cold cut meat."
... that was pre-sliced a day or two ago.

Seriously, if I'm stuck working somewhere and the choice is getting something from Subway or missing lunch and getting an awful headache as the afternoon wears on, I'm skipping lunch.

Reaction Score
I got hit up for $20 for the giant sub with a bag of chips and a fountain drink a few weeks ago. The giant sub is 16" and is definitely a two meal sandwich.

Northeast and midwest have so many good local delis and butcher shops I'd never eat at a chain sandwich shop up there. Where I'm at in the south the Publix sandwiches, affectionately dubbed Pub Subs, are as good as it gets. A whole sub is ony setting you back $10 or $11 but it's still nowhere near as good as what you'd get in the northeast or midwest.
I concur about Pub Subs. Love their Cubano sub. I agree with others that Jersey Mike's is very good. I am in FL so there are several close to me. I also will try Subway in a pinch but I am used to a foot long for $6. Their prices have gone up quite a bit. I was in CT last week and paid close to $10 for 6 inch sub and cookie. I did not have a car that night so I could not drive to better grinder shops. In FL, Firehouse Subs is another good choice. Close to me and not too expensive.

Reaction Score

My buddy in Connecticut said he paid $23 for the "giant" cheesesteak. Just pulled up the menu for my local Jersey Mike's. $22.95 for their "giant" Italian. So you would be paying $25 dollars out the door for a sandwich without a drink and chips. They advertise it as 14-15 inches long. It's $9.50 for a 12 inch Italian sub from the Italian delis out here. Jersey Mike's 7 inch Italian sub is $13.95.

I certainly will never go there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230824-094451_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230824-094451_Chrome.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 104

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members