Stupid time out shooting contests | The Boneyard

Stupid time out shooting contests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some guy actually hit a free throw, three pointer and a half court shot in 30 seconds and all he got was $1,000. It is even more amazing because G’town took up most of the half court when this was happening.

Forget the money and prizes, next game I want someone to just forget about making baskets and just whip balls into the opposing teams huddle during these contests. That would be a real fan. How do I get picked for one these?

Reaction Score
It's so funny you say this. I'm sitting up in the nosebleeds of section 234 thinking to myself "wouldn't it be great if this dude just chucks the ball into the group of Georgetown coaches huddled at the foul line." After the guys first attempt at the half court shot I thought there was no way in hell he had the strength to make it. He proved me wrong. Kudos blue shirt half court shooter, kudos.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Some guy actually hit a free throw, three pointer and a half court shot in 30 seconds and all he got was $1,000. It is even more amazing because G’town took up most of the half court when this was happening.

Forget the money and prizes, next game I want someone to just forget about making baskets and just whip balls into the opposing teams huddle during these contests. That would be a real fan. How do I get picked for one these?
It's $1000 in Bobs Discount Furniture bucks, haha. I mean I get they're the sponsor but that contest should provide the winner with real cash and more than $1000 imo always thought that prize was stupid.

Reaction Score

and I thought the dogs chasing the frisbees against Tulane was going to run into the ladder they had under the basket. Why the guy holding the later while he was waiting for the other guy get something to attach the net didn't just move the ladder while the dog show was going on was beyond me. Just image the scene if the dog got hurt

Reaction Score
It seems they always get people who just have no shot to make anything but lay up and we just sit up in the seats and say, "I know I can make all 3 when they going to pick me" - 12 beers in!:oops:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
For some reason, UConn has always had cheesy time out contests, etc.
Other teams throw out nice team related T-Shirts - UConn throws out Dunkin Donuts and Webster Bank advertisement T-Shirts.
Some teams give away tuition/books/cash - UConn gives away Bobs Discount Furniture bucks

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Some guy actually hit a free throw, three pointer and a half court shot in 30 seconds and all he got was $1,000.

To tell the whole story, they had a half-court shot for a car in the first half and the dude missed badly. The real question is why can't Bob pony up a first prize of more than a grand?

Reaction Score
It's $1000 in Bobs Discount Furniture bucks, haha. I mean I get they're the sponsor but that contest should provide the winner with real cash and more than $1000 imo always thought that prize was stupid.
Yeah, I said that to my ticket mate. It's not $1,000, it's basically a new sofa.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, I said that to my ticket mate. It's not $1,000, it's basically a new sofa.

A $1,000 bucks retail probably costs Bob $47.50.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

Perhaps he'll get a nice waterbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer