"Stupid questions and comments about the new board" thread | The Boneyard

"Stupid questions and comments about the new board" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
1. Question: How do you tell if there is a new thread or a new response? Some threads return to the top and some lose their "bold-ness," but I can't really tell whether I've read them or not. The bold thing has been inconsistent. So, tell me what I am missing, please.

2. Comment. The board needs some kind of logo at the top besides "xenForo," whatever that is. How about a "The Boneyard" logo with a husky eating Fishy or something?

3. Okay, I was just renewed for a yearly subscription on Scout. If I cancel it, do I get prorated money back?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
1). I'll look into it. From what I know now, you can subscribe to a thread, and get an alert or email sent to you if you select that option. You can also click the "what's new" link at the top to see unread threads, which I assume includes threads with new replies.

2). A banner is being made.

3). I believe it will be prorated.

Reaction Score
1. Mine has a dot to the left of the topic if it's a new thread or there are new responses in the thread. When you are done reading everything you click on "Mark This Forum Read" at the top of all the topics which clears all the dots.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
1. Mine has a dot to the left of the topic if it's a new thread or there are new responses in the thread. When you are done reading everything you click on "Mark This Forum Read" at the top of all the topics which clears all the dots.
The dot does not go away by itself until you leave the forum and then come back again. Because I'm rather lazy and think it should be more automatic, I'd rather not have to remember to click on"Mark This Forum Read" if there is another, simpler way to do it. I wonder if the dot could go away right away after you have read the new posts in a thread without having to leave the forum.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The dot does not go away by itself until you leave the forum and then come back again. Because I'm rather lazy and think it should be more automatic, I'd rather not have to remember to click on"Mark This Forum Read" if there is another, simpler way to do it. I wonder if the dot could go away right away after you have read the new posts in a thread without having to leave the forum.
After you've read a thread, rather than hit the Back button, scroll to the bottom and click on the Men's Basketball [board] link. When you return to the index, the dot will have disappeared.

Reaction Score
After you've read a thread, rather than hit the Back button, scroll to the bottom and click on the Men's Basketball [board] link. When you return to the index, the dot will have disappeared.
For u bunch of folks who are basically internet nomads we're a bit finicky aren't we? :cool:

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
For u bunch of folks who are basically internet nomads we're a bit finicky aren't we? :cool:

You know....once upon a time we were satisfied with a board that simply didn't crash from all the traffic.....

Now everyone seems to spend an awful lot of time complaining that they have a problem with the window curtains and the paint color in the bathroom.....

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You know....once upon a time we were satisfied with a board that simply didn't crash from all the traffic.....

Now everyone seems to spend an awful lot of time complaining that they have a problem with the window curtains and the paint color in the bathroom.....

This server was built for the traffic. If it starts to slow down, I can upgrade in a couple hours (assuming I am not at work).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
No RSS?
Go to the main index. To the right of the forum name, just before the Latest: Post name, you'll see the RSS link. It's faint until you cursor over it.

Reaction Score
Well, I have my old name back. I don't post much, but I read the yard every day.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Well, I have my old name back. I don't post much, but I read the yard every day.

Yeah, I was able to go back to my original "Tommyboy" as well. Dropped the UC that needed at TOB.

Reaction Score
How do I get emails to stop being sent to me every time I have an alert. *I already unchecked one box about email notifications in my preferences, but they still persist.*

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How do I get emails to stop being sent to me every time I have an alert. *I already unchecked one box about email notifications in my preferences, but they still persist.*
At the top right of the board you should see your handle with a tab for a pull down menu. Click on that. One of the items on the menu, believe it's Alert Preferences, has a place where you can specify what notices you receive. For example, I don't get any e-mails but I get an Alert when someone quotes me.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Go to the main index. To the right of the forum name, just before the Latest: Post name, you'll see the RSS link. It's faint until you cursor over it.
what's "RSS"?

Reaction Score
How do I get emails to stop being sent to me every time I have an alert. *I already unchecked one box about email notifications in my preferences, but they still persist.*[/quot

You also can see if you are "watching" any threads and undo that.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Will dopes from other schools find us over here?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
How do you post signature picts?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How do you post signature picts?
At the top left of your screen you'll see your handle name. Click on the pull down menu and you'll see an option titled Signature. Click on that. Let me know if you have any further problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom