Student Boycott? | The Boneyard

Student Boycott?

Reaction Score
students arent driving to Hartford to watch UConn struggle to compete with teams like Tulsa on a Thursday night.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• student section.jpg
    student section.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 386

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Crowd on the whole filled in pretty nicely. The free tickets for football season ticket holders probably helped or there would have been no one. Re: students, the team stinks the opponent is anonymous and it’s the first warm Thursday night of the semester. I’d been out drinking in a hoodie in a field somewhere

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

On the other hand you have #IceBus !

I understand hockey is a new thing for the students but they need to get more involved at those games too. Sure they show up but it’s far from a good college hockey atmosphere.

Reaction Score
If you want to retain some players and recruits, the move toward a new coach must be made NOW, not at the end of the season. Appoint an interim coach.

Reaction Score
I counted 16 students a min before tip. Everyone around us couldn't believe how bad it's become.

Weeknight game in Hartford against a opponent and an even shittier uconn team isn't a huge draw I know, but that was pitiful. I hope they really did boycott so that there's an excuse at least.

Reaction Score
This game had everything going against it regarding student attendance. First off, it's midterm season. Tons of kids are studying, the library has been packed. Second, it's nickel night at campus bars. Hundreds and hundreds of kids flock to bars in groups to get 4 drinks for a buck from 8-9:30. Finally, it's just not always easy to get to Hartford for some students. Underclassmen don't have cars so if they can't get a bus pass, they're out of luck. Even some of the upperclassmen don't have cars and even if they do, not too many are willing to travel 30 minutes to Hartford.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Omg it looks and sounds like a scrimmage game in the field house on TV. I think I just heard someone drop a pretzel.
Same thing here. I have a great TV and sound system. I thought something was wrong with my set. Barely heard any crowd. But to be honest, I find that at every game at the XL I turned the channel to the Temple/WS game and had to turn the volume down. Strange.

Reaction Score
Well the university milks these kids for every last cent to fund an AD that features a dead football program and a dying basketball program all thanks to ineptitude at the top. Let them do whatever they want.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom