Student Boycott? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Student Boycott?

Reaction Score
It is not an organized boycott but it sure is a non formal one. The Athletic Dept. has lost its connection to the students, and students want to be heard, we hate what Ollie has done and want him gone ASAP. To be honest I have been surprised at how respectful student fans have been at the games, I have been expecting some "Fire Ollie" or "Out with Ollie" chants.

Hard to get any type of chant when you're all watching from your dorm.

Reaction Score
It was pretty staggering to see the traffic the UConn Hockey account was generating last night compared to what the hoops handle has been doing.

I mean, we should keep things in perspective - a dying basketball team still draws more against Tulsa than the hockey team at the climax of their relevancy does against BU (ticket pricing probably played a role, yes). But it's hard not to see what's happening here with regards to what you were mentioning. The hockey conference is following the same blueprint that the Big East did when they first got going and the AAC is like minor league sports. It's going to take quite a while to close (the hockey games aren't even on TV yet) the gap but it will close if the school allows it to.
Dude, Hockey East has been around since the early 80's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom