Student BBall ticket lottery results some time today! | The Boneyard

Student BBall ticket lottery results some time today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
+1

any idea when we should expect the email?

No idea. I figured we'd get something by now (it's a quarter to 1), and since we haven't, I think it may be soon.

Where do you live?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Hilltop apartments. You?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Orchard Acres! Right next door hahaha I know plenty of people in the apartments especially in Beard

mets1090

Reaction Score
Small world haha. Pretty sure a friend of mine lives in Orchard Acres too

Reaction Score
still havent gotten an email about tickets...ive gotten them the past two years

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I
I think they used a little tongue.
I read exit's post and knew someone would post something like this. Still laughed however.

Reaction Score
I didn't win the ticket lottery last year, but still ended up with the leftovers (I sat on my computer for an hour before they were supposed to go on sale and just kept refreshing the page). That being said, I think the demand this year will be a lot higher than last year. I'm REALLY hoping I get lucky this year. I always say they should do a UConn basketball quiz and the highest scores get the tickets...

Reaction Score
I didn't win the ticket lottery last year, but still ended up with the leftovers (I sat on my computer for an hour before they were supposed to go on sale and just kept refreshing the page). That being said, I think the demand this year will be a lot higher than last year. I'm REALLY hoping I get lucky this year. I always say they should do a UConn basketball quiz and the highest scores get the tickets...

i really wished that they didnt have this lottery because many students that wouldnt want to go to any basketball game will win the lotto, buy the tickets, then sell the package for $300 and some diehard kid is either forced to pay that price or watch the games on tv

Reaction Score
they should have a system like kentucky, where they sell tickets in 4 game blocks, that way kids that will actually want to go the games can buy the blocks of tickets for games that they will actually go to

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I didn't get em until last year, my Junior year (not complaining anymore, if there was one season I'm glad I got em for it would be last year) but I bought tickets my freshman year

edit still no email....come on.......

Reaction Score
they should have a system like kentucky, where they sell tickets in 4 game blocks, that way kids that will actually want to go the games can buy the blocks of tickets for games that they will actually go to

My freshman year we had the lottery and I didn't get tickets. Then they switched to first come, first serve and it was easy to get the tickets. When did they go back to the lottery?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
couple questions- how many in the student section seats wise for gampel? xl? how many kids apply to get tix vs how many get them?

Reaction Score
No email for me yet either. And I was always about the student section capacity for each arena. You can buy 2 sets of XL season tickets so I guess the section there is twice as big as Gampel? Doesn't appear that way but it's tough to tell with the lower/upper sections.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I missed the email for the 2nd time this year. So disgusted with myself. I'm a grad student so I don't go into my school email but once every 10 days or so. Saw this post and cringed.

If you hear about anyone who is just in the lottery to sell the package, I'm willing to pay for it.

Reaction Score
You'll be able to find plenty of packages available on the Facebook group Buy or Sell UConn tickets. However, you'll pay a big premium. I always hate seeing how many students are willing to sell all their tickets minutes after they get the email.

Reaction Score
Seem to remember winners and loser both being notified by email between 5 and 8 in past years, with the winners finding out a little before. Hoping to finish my college career going 3 for 4 in the lottery! fingers crossed

mets1090

Reaction Score
No email for me yet either. And I was always about the student section capacity for each arena. You can buy 2 sets of XL season tickets so I guess the section there is twice as big as Gampel? Doesn't appear that way but it's tough to tell with the lower/upper sections.
Demand for XL just isn't as high as Gampel. A lot of out of state kids won't buy season tickets to XL because half the games played there are between semesters. Also it's a pain to take buses to 12 pm Saturday games or weeknight games when you have classes. Also at the end of the day, the XL Center just isn't Gampel. If you interviewed every season ticket holder, almost 100% would probably want every home game to be at Gampel. I realize why we have games in Hartford (easier for general population to get there, good for the city, higher capacity = higher ticket sales, etc.) but my selfish side still wishes they would all be on campus.

Reaction Score

i just graduated last spring and lost the lottery all 4 years, but got tix that way each year lol

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
You'll be able to find plenty of packages available on the Facebook group Buy or Sell UConn tickets. However, you'll pay a big premium. I always hate seeing how many students are willing to sell all their tickets minutes after they get the email.

Yeah I already got my post in there to try to catch the early sellers. I'm okay with paying a premium, comparable to actual seasons its still a steal.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
i just graduated last spring and lost the lottery all 4 years, but got tix that way each year lol

They sell them in singles? Or in Packages unclaimed by lottery winners? Where and when do you go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom