Student BBall ticket lottery results some time today! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Student BBall ticket lottery results some time today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The posts are already coming in for selling the civic center. Disgusting.

Reaction Score
no email = no tix by now...i didnt get em either...senior...4 years without winning...grrrr

Reaction Score
I didn't get tickets either... SOOOOOO frustrating. And now I'm probably going to have to drop $300 just to see a team I obsess over. That's just fantastic.

Reaction Score
Didn't win. 2 for 4 in my college career so guess I can't complain too much. Time to pay up the ass for some tickets :(

Reaction Score
I didn't get tickets either... SOOOOOO frustrating. And now I'm probably going to have to drop $300 just to see a team I obsess over. That's just fantastic.

Hold out for the leftovers. There's still hope you don't have to bargain with a .

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I haven't even gotten an email yet. This sucks the lottery system is so dumb.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
They sell them in singles? Or in Packages unclaimed by lottery winners? Where and when do you go?
They sell the leftover season tickets. It usually the following Monday at like 10pm or something like that.

Reaction Score
Hold out for the leftovers. There's still hope you don't have to bargain with a .
Yeah, that's what I did last year and I'll do again for this year. I just hate the lottery system...

Reaction Score
I feel like if someone is posting on the Boneyard, they deserve tickets more than 99% of the people who actually get them.

Reaction Score
I'm 5/5 on the lottery. Feel like a jerk for saying that but there it is anyways. Maybe I consciously left a couple credits for this one last semester (graduating in December) just so I could get student tix again

Reaction Score
I feel like if someone is posting on the Boneyard, they deserve tickets more than 99% of the people who actually get them.

Agreed. They should have the lottery on here, these are the students that most deserve them. Then give the rest to the general population.

I can dream...

Reaction Score
found something interesting with the original email sent out the lottery process...

according to the document, its a punishable offense if you sell your student tickets for more than face value publicly

"PLEASE NOTE: the resale of a student ticket for more than that allowed by State Law is not permitted and subject to discipline by the Office of Community Standards."--From Word Doc sent with the email

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
WINNER!!!!

Although I saw something that hinted that they are now splitting the Gampel student sections on a first-come-first-serve basis, like the first x amount who order get front section and everyone else doesn't. Complete bulls hit if it's true.

Reaction Score
found something interesting with the original email sent out the lottery process...

according to the document, its a punishable offense if you sell your student tickets for more than face value publicly

"PLEASE NOTE: the resale of a student ticket for more than that allowed by State Law is not permitted and subject to discipline by the Office of Community Standards."--From Word Doc sent with the email

This is interesting because as much as I hate this process, it is a mutual agreement between two parties, and the same concept is utilized legally through websites such as Stubhub. Isn't this no different than selling, say, high demand postseason tix on Stubhub?

Reaction Score
The lottery system is so ridiculous. Many students enter just so they can buy ticket packages and sell them to others who actually want them for double the price. Bring back camping out in front of the ticket office!

And for the record, I'm not even a student anymore.

Reaction Score
Here the thing, scalping tickets is perfectly legal, except it has to be for face value or below. Its illegal in the state of Connecticut to scalp a ticket for more than the face value listed, although this isnt enforced because its too difficult to spot most of the time.

Stubhub is able to raise the price because most of their revenue is generated not from raising the value past face value, rather they charge service fees and convenience fees, which are seen as parts of the business transaction to offset costs incurred, like any business would charge in exchange for goods/services. Also, ticket dealers are authorized to partake in these transactions, while individuals are not.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Someone I know who graduated last year said that he saw an XL package for $300.

SJ

Reaction Score
I am so excited that I did win the lottery; however, I have discovered that I can't bring my 10-year-old son, who is a huge fan and a future HUSKY!!! I do not want to sell my tickets, but I am wondering if anyone knows if I can buy a ticket for him and sit near each other...or, I might trade my tickets for certain games for one or two tickets for he and I. He particularly wants to see West Virginia, Notre Dame, Pitt, and Cincinnati (in that order--I have received my instructions!) I guess whether it's one or two depends on how much they are! I know they are $33 for Gampel, but I don't know how much an individual one is for the XL Center. I will be willing to sell any ticket to a game I can't make it to for what I paid for it, but I would really appreciate someone helping me get him to a few games. Cannot wait for 11/2!!!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I am so excited that I did win the lottery; however, I have discovered that I can't bring my 10-year-old son, who is a huge fan and a future HUSKY!!! I do not want to sell my tickets, but I am wondering if anyone knows if I can buy a ticket for him and sit near each other...or, I might trade my tickets for certain games for one or two tickets for he and I. He particularly wants to see West Virginia, Notre Dame, Pitt, and Cincinnati (in that order--I have received my instructions!) I guess whether it's one or two depends on how much they are! I know they are $33 for Gampel, but I don't know how much an individual one is for the XL Center. I will be willing to sell any ticket to a game I can't make it to for what I paid for it, but I would really appreciate someone helping me get him to a few games. Cannot wait for 11/2!!!
For most Gampel games I would think if you got there early enough you would be able to get into the student section by entering the one general admission section adjacent to the students and then crossing over. I doubt you would have to worry about anyone giving you a hard time. However, its probably not the best place for a 10 year old.

By the way, get him in the Jr. Husky Club!

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/kidsclub/jr-husky-benefits.html

SJ

Reaction Score
For most Gampel games I would think if you got there early enough you would be able to get into the student section by entering the one general admission section adjacent to the students and then crossing over. I doubt you would have to worry about anyone giving you a hard time. However, its probably not the best place for a 10 year old.

Oh, excellent (link)! I was thinking that I would sit with him near the student section, rather than him sitting with me! I am a returning student and already feel very out of place in the student section, haha. Also, I saw you said you were looking for tickets. I think I am going to buy a two-game deal at XL, just so he can at least see WV. They are $30 bucks for two games, so $60 for four tickets is not too bad. In that case, I won't need the student ones, so if you are not able to find season ones, and need any particular game, please feel free to ask. I am not profiting from it, so I think that makes them $5 a piece! I do, however, need to wait until I get paid again to buy them since I purchased the student packages today. We are going to 'first night,' where I hope he can get some autographs.

Reaction Score
anyone not going to be using student tickets for gampel...if so i will happily buy them off...cant believe i went 0-4 on the lottery...

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score

At Gampel they take your ticket then stamp your hand. I dunno if they use the same stamp for all sections or if they have a special one for the student section

Reaction Score

Not a bad thought, maybe the admins could get 100 student season tickets and hand them out accordingly.

Reaction Score
Even the student government president was on facebook trying to scalp his tickets. Reaching in to another student's pocket to try and profit off of a broken system he should be trying to fix... great stuff.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Yeah it's really messed up. Doing it like that makes it clear that you only did it to screw people over (especially since the USG President is an upperclassman and has more bids in the lottery).

You're sure it was Sam Tracy?

I don't know why they even have physical tickets. They should have a single-file line at every game and have it be first come first serve. Swipe your card at the door to confirm you still go to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom