Stuart tossed a fan Friday night. | The Boneyard

Stuart tossed a fan Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Apparently, a fan was stomping his feet and Stuart had him tossed from his front row seats.

Last paragraph.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
It was also his 5th game in 5 days. So there's that.

Reaction Score
O MY GOD! This really is not a joke. This guy should not be a ref. who does he think he is???

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
uh oh, I might be tossed the next game he's working at the Civic Center. He's going to hear me

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I almost posted last night that when some chanting started he was trying to figure out a way to eject fans. I guess he already knows how.

Reaction Score
I was lucky enough to get seats, 1st row right behind the scorer's table. Just like Ollie I basically lost it after that play especially seeing how quick the 2nd T was, and lost my voice letting Stuart know how ridiculous his calls were and how he was making himself the story and not the game.

I was warned to calm down by the replay officials, they must know Stuart has a thin skin for fans as well.

The reffing was terribly inconsistent the whole game but I believe Stuart started going over the line right before the end of the first half. It looked like he swallowed his whistle with a no call on contact when we tried to score at the end of the half and then seconds later called a ticky tack foul that somehow he determined was in the act of shooting that gave Louisville 2 free throws with 1.5 seconds to go in the half.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Horrible performance. Guy clearly can't handle a game of even moderate importance. Wouldn't want him near any important game, even if he bought a ticket.

This is not a UConn specific comment.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Final4 42 said:
I was warned to calm down by the replay officials, they must know Stuart has a thin skin for fans as well.

That was you? I saw the guy warn you ... was up in section 218. There was a palpable tension in that place I haven't ever felt.

I've also never heard the entire place, and not just the student section, chant bullsh@t before.

Reaction Score
I was lucky enough to get seats, 1st row right behind the scorer's table. Just like Ollie I basically lost it after that play especially seeing how quick the 2nd T was, and lost my voice letting Stuart know how ridiculous his calls were and how he was making himself the story and not the game.

The reffing was terribly inconsistent the whole game but I believe Stuart started going over the line right before the end of the first half. It looked like he swallowed his whistle with a no call on contact when we tried to score at the end of the half and then seconds later called a ticky tack foul that somehow he determined was in the act of shooting that gave Louisville 2 free throws with 1.5 seconds to go in the half.

Quite frankly, that would have encouraged me to yell at him even more if the replay officials said that to me.

"I'm out of order? You're out of order! This whole game is out of order!!"

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, that would have encouraged me to yell at him even more if the replay officials said that to me.

"I'm out of order? You're out of order! This whole game is out of order!!"

I was very tempted, but i was invited to the game by a friend. The seats are his bosses' season tickets, and I would like be able to get invited again and not have him get crap from his boss.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Watching on tv, Bazz got hacked and lost the ball out of bounds. Then Kromah reached in on Hancock as he dribbled past, well before the shot attempt. We were guessing maybe that foul put UL in the bonus, because it didn't look at all like in the act of shooting.

Reaction Score
Watching on tv, Bazz got hacked and lost the ball out of bounds. Then Kromah reached in on Hancock as he dribbled past, well before the shot attempt. We were guessing maybe that foul put UL in the bonus, because it didn't look at all like in the act of shooting.

It was called a shooting foul. Stuart emphatically was pointing to the air and gave two fingers for two shots. Also I am not positive but I believe we only had 5 fouls at the time of the call so it would have been ball out for Louisville and not 1 and 1.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen a worst officiated game since kings lakers game 6. That being said boat obviously wasn't there mentally ( not sure that's his fault ). To win that kind of game Daniels needed a 25/10 game as well as a productive boat. Nolan ALSO got jobbed on a ton of ticky tacks that WE didn't get

Reaction Score
I was very tempted, but i was invited to the game by a friend. The seats are his bosses' season tickets, and I would like be able to get invited again and not have him get crap from his boss.

Understandable.

One more thing I'd add. Before Napier's last 3, he was fouled pretty hard, and Glenn Miller was in the ref's ear as Napier was shooting the ball. This sequence happened right after Kromah was whistled for fouling Smith on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom