Strong Underlying Fundamentals: UConn Football is Poised for Growth, With or Without Mora | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Strong Underlying Fundamentals: UConn Football is Poised for Growth, With or Without Mora

Reaction Score
Please read the article before you comment. You obviously didn’t because if you did, you’d realize how ludicrous your comment is.
Why are you writing a headline about Mora leaving? That is very negative approach to an article. Period.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Y’all need to read the whole purpose of The UConn Appeal. The whole point of it is to correct National misperceptions of the UConn brand in order to attract a Power Conference invite. There is a perception that UConn footbal‘s growth is tied to Mora, which is exactly what they said about UConn basketball and Calhoun. It’s not. And that’s why I’m making the point it isn’t and that we’re good regardless of who is in charge.
With due respect, if that's your goal, you would be better served to cut back on the hyperbole and be more fact driven.

JMHO

Reaction Score
A positive, forward looking, headline would end after the words "posied for growth." Your second and and third paragraphs are about Mora leaving and filled with negative language. Your your definition of "reality" is defensive. It extends the pessimism of the headline. If these paragraphs were at the end of the article it wouldn't be so bad.

It gets worse, you say UConn is a joke. What you are doing isn't reality, it is taking the worst possible evaluations of UConn and reinforcing them. Your negativity is so ingrained you think everyone else believes it. An accurate headline for this piece would be "A defense of UConn football." This type of article does more harm than good.

If your goal is to show UConn is more than a one coach team. That is easily demonstrated by the fact the Huskies were the second fastest to be be nationally ranked in the top 25 after jumping to D1. They won two BE championships (tied) while a member of a then power six conference under Edsall. They reached a BCS bowl, an level that more than half of the division has yet to achieve. The entire article is based on Mora leaving sooner or later.

A positive article might start with the Huskies legacy of athletic success with multiple national championships in multiple sports. It might talk about the success of the program producing NFL players. What happens when Mora bails is not a positive way to approach the program. Get past your own negativity and try again.

Reaction Score
With due respect, if that's your goal, you would be better served to cut back on the hyperbole and be more fact driven.

JMHO
Appreciate the feedback. Not sure how it’s not fact driven though. I mean everything in there is factual. Facilities are top notch. We produce pros. And we graduate our athletes. That said, I respect you for sharing your thoughts.

Reaction Score
A positive, forward looking, headline would end after the words "posied for growth." Your second and and third paragraphs are about Mora leaving and filled with negative language. Your your definition of "reality" is defensive. It extends the pessimism of the headline. If these paragraphs were at the end of the article it wouldn't be so bad.

It gets worse, you say UConn is a joke. What you are doing isn't reality, it is taking the worst possible evaluations of UConn and reinforcing them. Your negativity is so ingrained you think everyone else believes it. An accurate headline for this piece would be "A defense of UConn football." This type of article does more harm than good.

If your goal is to show UConn is more than a one coach team. That is easily demonstrated by the fact the Huskies were the second fastest to be be nationally ranked in the top 25 after jumping to D1. They won two BE championships (tied) while a member of a then power six conference under Edsall. They reached a BCS bowl, an level that more than half of the division has yet to achieve. The entire article is based on Mora leaving sooner or later.

A positive article might start with the Huskies legacy of athletic success with multiple national championships in multiple sports. It might talk about the success of the program producing NFL players. What happens when Mora bails is not a positive way to approach the program. Get past your own negativity and try again.
You don’t have to agree with what I write, but before you go telling me what I should be writing about or bringing up, do a little research. It’s easy to figure out who I am. I mean where are you posting all these good things, Pal? Just on The Boneyard?

Reaction Score
We come to bury Caesar not to praise him. It's no fun commenting on an article if the author is reading and responding. :⁠,⁠-⁠)
Lol. All good! I can deal with criticism. Trust me, I’ve been called way worse than anything I will be called on The Boneyard!

Reaction Score
Appreciate the feedback. Not sure how it’s not fact driven though. I mean everything in there is factual. Facilities are top notch. We produce pros. And we graduate our athletes. That said, I respect you for sharing your thoughts.
You get to those in the second half of a long article. You do get there but the focus on Mora leaving is not helpful.

My support of the program comes in the form of my season tickets and my wallet.

Reaction Score
You get to those in the second half of a long article. You do get there but the focus on Mora leaving is not helpful.

My support of the program comes in the form of my season tickets and my wallet.
Ditto man. We all want the same thing. The best for UConn. And that is something we could agree on. That said, I apreciate you sharing your feedback and will take note of it. Maybe I’ll run into you at a game this season. Go Huskies!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Read Pal's comment above. They are spot on.

I appreciate the fact that you sincerely are trying to make a proactive effort at correcting the narrative, my sense is that writing a more straight forward and positive narrative would be more effective. Talk about Connecticut's strengths. You don't have to restate negatives that you either heard, or believe, just state the positive facts.

I appreciate that you're trying to make a difference, and that you are so open to feedback. Good luck!

Reaction Score
Read Pal's comment above. They are spot on.

I appreciate the fact that you sincerely are trying to make a proactive effort at correcting the narrative, my sense is that writing a more straight forward and positive narrative would be more effective. Talk about Connecticut's strengths. You don't have to restate negatives that you either heard, or believe, just state the positive facts.

I appreciate that you're trying to make a difference, and that you are so open to feedback. Good luck!
Well put! Appreciate you weighing in! will help me do better the next time around!

Reaction Score
I should thing that it is obvious by inspection that HCJM is THE KEY element. And I am sure there are others who could pull it off, but not many others.

Reaction Score
The fact of the matter is that if HCJM moves on before getting UConn into a sustainable conference, UConn can pretty much just step back to FCS. All the marbles are currently on the table. I am wondering if there isn't something going on in the background.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom