Street Outlaws | The Boneyard

Street Outlaws

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Does anyone watch this? I love the cars, sight and sound, but it all seems so goofy; street racing without arrests, huge money bets from guys who probably don't have it to waste, televised illegal races, etc. I even wonder if it's scripted. Any input?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Does anyone watch this? I love the cars, sight and sound, but it all seems so goofy; street racing without arrests, huge money bets from guys who probably don't have it to waste, televised illegal races, etc. I even wonder if it's scripted. Any input?
It' seems incredibly fake. My brother-in-law built his own car and drags as a hobby, we both watch and told me after the first season or two these guys were flooded in expensive equipment that in no way could be considered street legal. If you do a few google searches there is plenty out there about how they film the "races".

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You kids need to remember that this is television.

I’d guarantee you that permits are pulled, insurance is arranged, etc. A television production is not going to be able to covertly close a public road and hold drag races 12 times a year unless they have all the cooperation they need from the powers that be.

The street racing refers to the fact that they are racing on a street and not a track. In the first year, I think they pretended that it was somehow outside the law, but now it’s pretty open that this is a closed course, etc.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I’ve been saying this for 15 years - Reality TV is scripted, it sucks, and won’t be around for long because people just aren’t stupid enough to buy into this nonsense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom