Streaming the games | The Boneyard

Streaming the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
STREAMING
UConn's SNY games will be available to stream in-market (CT, NY, NJ, PA) to authenticated subscribers via the SNY app.

Out-of-market fans will be able to stream UConn's SNY games at no additional cost to authenticated subscribers who have FOX as part of their television package. Users will need to sign in with their TV provider credentials at https://www.foxsports.com/ or in the FOX Sports app. The games can also be accessed at www.fox.com/sports or in the FOX Now app.

RADIO
UConn's game will be available on 97-9 ESPN and can be steamed through The Varsity Network.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
My Fox Now app is working fine.
But in their upcoming events they don’t list our game tonight vs. Northeastern.
This is typical of them not to be “up to speed” for upcoming stuff…YES ?
Yes. In past seasons many games didn't show up on the Fox Sports app schedule much before the game starts. Could be an hour or two before or even less than 15 minutes.
And it can vary among viewers, some people might see it early in the day and others might see it appear shortly before game time.
As of this moment, it is not appearing on the app on my Amazon Firestick.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have Fox sports and the game came on and I watched it up to half-time. Then the screen went blank and a message came out saying my free time had expired. Broke my heart. I watched the second half on ESPN game cast, no pictures, only data. Bummer! The first half blew my mind by how well we played. The future is bright. GO HUSKIES!!!
You have to sign up by using your cable/satellite providers log in to use FoxSports. With the next two games being on FS1 you won't have to do it. I would advise that you go on before the next SNY game against Providence on 12/2. This way you are entered into the system so you can watch the whole game.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Big thanks Nan. We live in a very rural area of Northeast Tn. where it's almost impossible to stream live events. After your last message I took it upon myself to have one more go at it with Directv in regard to acquiring SNY channel. I got the same run around about needing to upgrade to the top package costing over $200. a month. After a long haggle I was able to acquire a sports package for $ 14.00 a month that includes SNY. Yes, I had a front row seat to the game last night in my recliner. :)

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I too had to use "preview pass" to stream the game on Fox. When time expired, I changed browsers, from Opera to Chrome, and the game popped up instantly. But it was another "preview pass." So when it expired, I was asked to log in to my TV provider, which is DISH. So I logged in, then was told the content was not part of my package, so it wouldn't play.

My TV provider and content haven't changed since last season, when I was able to watch all the games broadcast by SNY.
If your tv provider is Dish and they broadcast the required Fox networks, why didn't you download and install the Fox Sports app to your streaming device?
I am confused about what the "preview pass" actually is.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
My "streaming device" is my desktop computer, the same device I used without any problem last season. Do I now have to download new software? How do I do that? (P.S. I was able to watch other streaming content on that website last night just fine.)
Ok. I have never streamed using a computer so I have no idea how to do it. However I was under the impression that there is a FoxSports website that allows fans to stream the SNY UConn WBB broadcasts, FOX Sports Live - Watch Live Sports, Shows, and Events Online | FOX Sports ( foxsports.com/live ).
Not sure if this helps or not...

Reaction Score
Preview usually means you are not properly logged in; but they will be nice and let you watch for some number of minutes. Then you are kicked off until you properly log in. When I tried to log in with my iPad, Fox said I needed a new version of the fox sports app so I loaded the new version and had to resign in with my Spectrum credentials. When I activated the Fox app on my Samsung TV, it gave me a code to enter on my iPad. I had to tell them I had Spectrum cable and they were happy. When the dust settled I could stream the WBB game on both my TV and iPad at the same time.

Reaction Score
I have Sling TV which carries FS1, but does anyone know if the SNY broadcasts will be available on FS1?

Kat

Reaction Score
Besides streaming the tv broadcast, how can we listen to the games' radio broadcast? I'd really like to watch the games on FS1 without their off-topic banter and instead just hear a good play-by-play account of what's going on.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Besides streaming the tv broadcast, how can we listen to the games' radio broadcast? I'd really like to watch the games on FS1 without their off-topic banter and instead just hear a good play-by-play account of what's going on.
This is from the original post of this thread:
RADIO
UConn's game will be available on 97-9 ESPN and can be steamed through The Varsity Network.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Easy enough to do, just use your phone or another device to play the audio. I have to think it would be incredibly hard to sync it exactly to the action though. The delay would bug me, so I don’t do it, but I’m pretty sure others here do
I agree, streaming is usually "behind" the live action. There are many reasons ranging from your internet provider to your wi-fi.
I watch the games on my tv and watch the stats monitor on my phone, using the same internet connection and wi-fi. The live game is sometimes 30 seconds behind the stats monitor "action". I can only imagine how adding streaming audio would sound in relation to the stats monitor and tv action. :)

Reaction Score
Disappointing. My current streaming method is slightly illegal and the Roku Channel would have been great news. Streaming with my legitimate credentials sometimes fails; even when the game starts OK it sometimes freezes or goes away at an exciting moment so I just don't go to that trouble any more.

Many thanks for updating so I don't thrash around looking for the games there.

Once upon a time it was commonplace for people to admit error, nothing notable. Now when you see that you do a double take: WTH just happened here? I had to like it. You're a throwback.
If you have legitimate credentials does that mean you do have a Live Streaming service or cable? If so I have to believe you have FS1 and ESPN channels to watch UConn games.

Reaction Score
Hi Nan! Now that Uconn NC St is over, and Texas, etc., can we delete previous posts in this thread to reflect only the next game that way if there are delays or channel changes we have a quick place to look at or ask about. It came in handy yesterday or this convo can grow page after page. Just an idea I know it would help me and I am all about me. . Anyway that’s my ask. Don’t know the impact on you of course. Like/dislike the idea?
The issue I see to what you're asking IMO, is that these "previous posts" and possible new ones may reflect same replies/answers to the ones deleted. The primary query to all replies goes something like this, "How can I watch the UConn game?" and primarily there are few answers, see below.

1. If the game(s) are of high ranking teams (i.e. like Texas and North Carolina State) and UConn is playing home chances are Fox Sports as in FS1 will televise the game(s)...as they did for the two games.

2. For other games FS1 does not pick up, SNY will televise the games and fans can watch directly on the SNY channel...providing one lives in the SNY tri-state area (NY, NJ and CT), and also either have cable (Comcast, Spectrum etc.) or a live streaming service (i.e. YouTube TV, Fubo TV and so on) as long as the cable or live streaming TV service carries FOXSports, if so see 3 below.

3. This one is the one for those not in the SNY tri-state area (other states etc.) mostly use to watch the UConn games. For those that use a streaming device (ROKU, Smart TV, Apple TV..etc.) one will need to download and install the FoxSports App on their ROKU, Smart TV, Apple TV. After install login to the FoxSports App with your live TV provider credentials, username and password, you should be all set for the next UConn game. Note, from what I hear with this, game will not necessarily show up on schedule until possibly the day of the game or even time of game.

4. If game(s) are not on either FS1 or SNY, chances are ESPN family of channels, ABC or CBS Sports Network have it.

If you don't already have a schedule I provided one here for all future games and which TV service will broadcast the game. If you want to copy this schedule to your computer, right click on it and save image as... to your computer and from there if you want to print it.

1669064828277.png

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If you have legitimate credentials does that mean you do have a Live Streaming service or cable? If so I have to believe you have FS1 and ESPN channels to watch UConn games.
It works whether you have access to Fox via cable or via an Internet service.

Reaction Score
I recently stopped my ATT Uverse contract and now only have internet and phone through Sonic. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime for movies and am trying to learn what else I need from my tech savvy kids. I would like to watch women's basketball and particularly UCONN basketball, but I don't know what apps are free or which one to buy. Could someone please help me?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I recently stopped my ATT Uverse contract and now only have internet and phone through Sonic. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime for movies and am trying to learn what else I need from my tech savvy kids. I would like to watch women's basketball and particularly UCONN basketball, but I don't know what apps are free or which one to buy. Could someone please help me?
I'll give it a shot. UConn WBB games can be seen on ESPN, ABC, CBSSN, Fox, FS1, FS2 and SNY. You would need a tv provider in order to watch these games. Except for the SNY games, the others are considered "national" broadcasts and are included by most tv providers. TV providers are via satellite, cable or streaming (Hulu Live, YouTubeTV, Sling, etc).
Once you have a TV provider, if you live in the SNY market, you have it made. If you are out of market, it gets a little tricky. One way to watch the games broadcast by SNY is to stream the games using the Fox Sports app, which is a free download. You also need to have your Fox local station and FS1 as part of your tv package. You will need your tv provider credentials to login to the Fox Sports app.
I am not in the SNY viewing area. Here's my setup. My TV provider is Hulu Live. I have my local Fox station and FS1 on Hulu. I can stream Hulu Live via a Roku, an Amazon Firestick or a Xbox S. I have downloaded the Fox Sports app to each device and have logged in to each with my Hulu Live credentials.

There are ways to watch the games on a PC but I have never used that so it is foreign to me.

Hope this helps.

Reaction Score
I have legitimate streaming services, including 2-3 different sources for Fox and at least 2 for ESPN. ESPN is fine, almost always, but I have had trouble with Fox at times and I just don't bother to scramble around with streaming sources and the app any more to try to watch and wind up missing the first couple of minutes and/or freezing or just plain not available on one or more sources with no rhyme or reason I can figure out. So: magical means.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and I have Directv streaming. For the Northeastern game I was able to type in Fox Sports live on my PC and there was no problem. Is that no longer possible? I thought I might be able to watch the Fox sports app on my I Pad but for some reason the I Pad says it is unable to install the app. It did work last year. Does anyone have any ideas how I could reinstall the app? I am not very technical. Thanks for any help.
What do you stream the DirecTV content to, a Smart TV, a PC or an IPad?
If it's a TV, can't you download the Fox Sports app to your tv? If it's a PC, I believe you have to use the Fox Sports URL to access content (see post #1 above). I have no idea why Apple won't let you install the Fox Sports app but I don't have any Apple technology, so...
If you were able to watch the Northeastern game, nothing is different for tonight's game, so the same setup is what you need use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom