Streak may reach 200? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Streak may reach 200?

Reaction Score
Forget the bad karma. It was and is in incredibly bad taste. It shows no respect for how hard the game is or how hard UConn players have to work day-by-day. I hope everyone who contributed to the speculation in this thread does a little self-reflection about how to think about and respect the game itself, because, frankly, this thread did not respect the game.

Reaction Score
RIP streak.

111 games is still extraordinary. MSU exposed our weaknesses and had less pressure. Media was on the team for a 200 game winning streak, too, not some freaking message board.

(Continuing to have success after Geno is going to be very difficult. To have the level we've been experiencing again is near impossible.)

Reaction Score
This was not the same team who started streak. This team just went 35-1.

Reaction Score
Please delete this ill advised thread.
I thought the same thing. But I'm replying in order to bump the thread, because, rather than it being deleted, I actually think it should be pinned. I think we should all meditate on how tasteless this whole discussion is; how much it violates respect for the actual game of basketball, which is hard and should never be taken for granted. I realize that the idea of a 200 game win streak was planted by the media. But the media has its own motives and we don't have to dance to them.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I thought the same thing. But I'm replying in order to bump the thread, because, rather than it being deleted, I actually think it should be pinned. I think we should all meditate on how tasteless this whole discussion is; how much it violates respect for the actual game of basketball, which is hard and should never be taken for granted. I realize that the idea of a 200 game win streak was planted by the media. But the media has its own motives and we don't have to dance to them.
I agree... same for the 195-0 thread back during the Maya-EDD era!

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I thought the same thing. But I'm replying in order to bump the thread, because, rather 'than it being deleted, I actually think it should be pinned. I think we should all meditate on how tasteless this whole discussion is; how much it violates respect for the actual game of basketball, which is hard and should never be taken for granted. I realize that the idea of a 200 game win streak was planted by the media. But the media has its own motives and we don't have to dance to them.
Funny how a loss changes the narrative, now that it's over talkiing about the streak is "tasteless" and "violates respect for the actual game of basketball," but before the loss it wasn't. It was a monumental accomplishment that was bound to come to an end at some point and the 200 talk has been out there for a while. Don't blame the media or bad mojo or any of the other excuses, simply credit Mississippi State for playing better. No one is crying for Connecticut, they'll be fine probably better than ever because they'll remember Friday night.

Reaction Score
Funny how a loss changes the narrative, now that it's over talkiing about the streak is "tasteless" and "violates respect for the actual game of basketball," but before the loss it wasn't. .
Sure it was tasteless back then. Just scroll back to page 1 and up on p. 2 and see that I twice posted the very same sentiments on this thread before the loss. It's not about winning or losing. It's about assuming a dominance that even the players--and certainly not Geno--wouldn't dare assume ahead of time.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Forget the bad karma. It was and is in incredibly bad taste. It shows no respect for how hard the game is or how hard UConn players have to work day-by-day. I hope everyone who contributed to the speculation in this thread does a little self-reflection about how to think about and respect the game itself, because, frankly, this thread did not respect the game.

Bad Taste?:confused: Kara Lawson (and other analysts) had put it out as a real possibility. As Geno says. UConn is not like everyone else. Even if it was not a real possibility, it is human nature to dream and fantasize. Just like buying a lottery ticket.

What would be bad taste is if after we lost, we went nuts and attacked our team and/or devalued MSU's accomplishment. Since we did not, I think our taste is pretty good. Hope our next streak goes over 111 :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Bad Taste?:confused: Kara Lawson (and other analysts) had put it out as a real possibility. As Geno says. UConn is not like everyone else. Even if it was not a real possibility, it is human nature to dream and fantasize. Just like buying a lottery ticket.

What would be bad taste is if after we lost, we went nuts and attacked our team and/or devalued MSU's accomplishment. Since we did not, I think our taste is pretty good. Hope our next streak goes over 111 :rolleyes:
No it is not like buying a lottery ticket. Winning the lottery is pure luck. Winning at WCBB means that you've worked hard all your life to be better on a given day than the players on any one of nearly 400 D-1 teams. It's presumptuous and arrogant and overlooks how hard it is everyday to get better. As Geno said (I think in the first or second HBO episode): because the competition is gunning for them, UConn needs to get better all the time just to stay the same. I love my Patriots, but I had more than a little Shadenfreude when they copyrighted the phrase "19-0" just before losing to the Giants on that fluke play.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Sure it was tasteless back then. Just scroll back to page 1 and up on p. 2 and see that I twice posted the very same sentiments on this thread before the loss. It's not about winning or losing. It's about assuming a dominance that even the players--and certainly not Geno--wouldn't dare assume ahead of time.
Fans aren't players or Geno and while they didn't address it fans most certainly did. The streak may reach 200 was started by Kara Lawson during the South Carolina game in February and has been widely discussed in many venues since she made the statement. You're entitled to your opinion, but so are others and if you feel the discussion is tasteless you have the option not to participate, but you obviously felt the need to weigh in.

Reaction Score
Sure, and I can call out the thread as tasteless and vulgar if I want, just so people who come to this site realize that not everyone was besotted with this nonsense.

I'm done here, and I suspect we all are....

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom