Strangely optimistic | The Boneyard

Strangely optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not fazed by the Hamilton news - still think next year's team is going to be very good.

With Larrier and Vance coming, if there was one position where wecould afford a defection, it was the wing.

I think it may free the ball up more and allow the guards to dictate more of the game and the pace. I expected Jalen to be the star of next year's team and this may actually help him.

Not worried about this at all- I think it's a mistake for Hamilton, but less of an issue for the team. (Timing is so odd...he either got great feedback, bad advice or is just winging it.)

Still worried about rebounding, though. I'd like us to do more of it next year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Completely agree with all of this. I want Brown to re-class to 2016 and find another rebounding big with the open scholarship. Do that, and we are looking at a team with the talent to go deep in next year's tournament.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
so we have three 'ships now? what names are out there? another guard and a big would be nice

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Brown is definitely not coming in next year - I'd rather he not, actually. Let Enoch improve, hope the Putnam kid can contribute and then pray Brimah doesn't develop a yen to play pro ball in Mongolia or Istanbul.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Brown is definitely not coming in next year - I'd rather he not, actually. Let Enoch improve, hope the Putnam kid can contribute and then pray Brimah doesn't develop a yen to play pro ball in Mongolia or Istanbul.

Maybe AB leaves and he and DHam can be a package deal in Istanbul

Reaction Score
3 scholarships for next year:

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 6.13.01 PM.png

Reaction Score
Not fazed by the Hamilton news - still think next year's team is going to be very good.

I think it may free the ball up more and allow the guards to dictate more of the game and the pace. I expected Jalen to be the star of next year's team and this may actually help him.

Agree 100 percent. I think it will be a much tighter "team" next season. And I'll be glad to never, ever see Hamilton do his turn-around drive down the lane.

Reaction Score

With Larrier and Vance coming, if there was one position where wecould afford a defection, it was the wing.

Not worried about this at all- I think it's a mistake for Hamilton, but less of an issue for the team. (Timing is so odd...he either got great feedback, bad advice or is just winging it.)

Really, really hard to understand what's in these kids' heads. Hamilton will not get drafted. His best chance for improvement was at UConn next year. He's gonna go play in Turkey or China or some other far away land and be completely irrelevant.....and don't tell me that's still ok. His own quote says he's declaring for the NBA draft. So somehow he has it in his head that he's going to get drafted. The laundry list of players who have gone undrafted, MANY of whom had far more skills and more to offer than Hamilton, apparently doesn't exist in his mind. It is mind-boggling the way these kids think....er, don't think, about their futures. Huge, huge mistake that he is going to regret.

Reaction Score
Hard to lose your three best players and still be optimistic.

Fringe top 25 team at best, unless Jalen goes nuts and turns into junior year Kemba.

Reaction Score
We now desperately need Rodney to come back and Ollie is gonna go to town on the recruiting front with three open schollie. As far as DHam, I just hate seeing young talented people making awful decisions about their future, especially when it is one of our own.

Reaction Score
If Alpha Diallo is seriously considering UConn at all, the timing of Hamilton's decision helps there.
@tcf15 do we have a good shot with Alpha or any other players? Bummed Hamilton is leaving but I'm happy for the kid.

Reaction Score
I agree, I somewhat like it. I just thought Hamilton's style in college wasn't great and he'll be a better pro potentially. Wish him the best. Hopefully he can make a roster.

I like Larrier, hopefully Jackson can play immediately and we get a solid option at the 4.

Can Brimah become Brice Johnson between now and October please.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Really, really hard to understand what's in these kids' heads. Hamilton will not get drafted. His best chance for improvement was at UConn next year. He's gonna go play in Turkey or China or some other far away land and be completely irrelevant.....and don't tell me that's still ok. His own quote says he's declaring for the NBA draft. So somehow he has it in his head that he's going to get drafted. The laundry list of players who have gone undrafted, MANY of whom had far more skills and more to offer than Hamilton, apparently doesn't exist in his mind. It is mind-boggling the way these kids think....er, don't think, about their futures. Huge, huge mistake that he is going to regret.
if he's going to get paid playing basketball in say australia, i say that's much better than to go to school when you dont want to

Reaction Score
Hard to lose your three best players and still be optimistic.

Fringe top 25 team at best, unless Jalen goes nuts and turns into junior year Kemba.

Couldn't disagree more. I question whether Hamilton's decision is the best move for him, but the team will be fine. Very talented kid but enough warts that his departure by no means sinks their season.

Reaction Score
It's definitely a big loss. He was the best rebounder on a rebound challenged team. And his after his ups and downs, he really started coming into his own by season's end. Plus, he would have come back bigger and stronger.

We will still have a strong team but this stings.

Reaction Score
@tcf15 do we have a good shot with Alpha or any other players? Bummed Hamilton is leaving but I'm happy for the kid.
Some schools have definitely invested more time in recruiting Alpha, so they may have a leg up on UConn, but he seems to be waiting them out. Last news was that UConn was going to be in to see him at Brewster to try and set up an official. Let's see if we hear anything about that next week.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Couldn't disagree more. I question whether Hamilton's decision is the best move for him, but the team will be fine. Very talented kid but enough warts that his departure by no means sinks their season.

Combine this with Purvis potentially doing the same though, and we're relying on a lot of guys to grow up very quickly.

Reaction Score
Rodney posted this picture after the season and I didn't think anything of it. But now that Hamilton signed with an agent, It's making me think more and more that Rodney is leaving with him. If so, we need to sign a third guard badly.

Attachments

• IMG_2013.PNG
    IMG_2013.PNG
    130.9 KB · Views: 196
Reaction Score
Some schools have definitely invested more time in recruiting Alpha, so they may have a leg up on UConn, but he seems to be waiting them out. Last news was that UConn was going to be in to see him at Brewster to try and set up an official. Let's see if we hear anything about that next week.
Cool, hopefully he was waiting on the offer and some spots to open up. Off topic but another guy I wish we were interested in was Giannis' A's brother, not gonna try to spell that last name. Looks like a great athlete and very smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom