Strange night in section 110. | The Boneyard

Strange night in section 110.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any other yarders in that section tonight? A group of kids probably 19-20 yr old but apparently not students refused to sit nearly the entire night. It took a 75 yr old yellow coat to threaten to kick them out with about 8 minutes left to sit. At that point most of the place stood for probably 80% of the rest of the game anyways. The ringleader kept yelling that you're not a real fan if you don't stand for the team. I've been asked to sit down at the Rent when standing on 3rd down many times but this was just really strange. I'm all for getting up at appropriate times but this kid was being such an to people who are paying a lot of money to sit where they were. The kid must have been on something. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Reaction Score
Had the same thing at MSG versus MD. He stood in front of a man who had both knees replaced and was partially blocking our view. If you are in the student section I get it. We tried talking to him, but he said no. Was quite the jerk. When 100 people want to kick you , then you should know it's not cool. I am wondering if it could be the same kid, very disrespectful. He was finally removed by security right before the end of the first half.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
At the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix a few years back my wife, and I with her Sister and husband were sitting in a non-student section in front of a bunch of caffeine-amped UCONN students who came in loud and proud with the ring leader informing us that they would be standing for the entire game. My wife coming off hip replacement surgery wasn't exactly interested in dealing with this balloon knot so we moved over across the aisle to sit with a bunch of ASU students who were given the tickets as freebies. Was having a great time until the balloon knot decided to get in my brother in law's face about not standing and not being a proper fan. All the the balloon knot was yammering at my brother in law he was missing UCONN's only real highlight from what was a dismal game - that being a 90 yard kickoff return.

Reaction Score
No one approached him to let him know how they feel?
He heard plenty of yelling. Ironically enough he was barely paying attention to the game because he was too busy yelling at us. What a fan

Reaction Score
He heard plenty of yelling. Ironically enough he was barely paying attention to the game because he was too busy yelling at us. What a fan

Sorry but that wouldn't have lasted too long - the old fart in me would have had to make a move on the young man, even if he were to suddenly show me he was a boxer. Hate people like that and kids need to be taught.

Reaction Score
Any other yarders in that section tonight? A group of kids probably 19-20 yr old but apparently not students refused to sit nearly the entire night. It took a 75 yr old yellow coat to threaten to kick them out with about 8 minutes left to sit. At that point most of the place stood for probably 80% of the rest of the game anyways. The ringleader kept yelling that you're not a real fan if you don't stand for the team. I've been asked to sit down at the Rent when standing on 3rd down many times but this was just really strange. I'm all for getting up at appropriate times but this kid was being such an to people who are paying a lot of money to sit where they were. The kid must have been on something. Maybe I'm just getting old.
Real jerks. We don't need kids to tell us when to stand. If you look around the rim of GP security does not let anyone loiter in the walk way.

Reaction Score
Edward Sargent said:
At the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix a few years back my wife, and I with her Sister and husband were sitting in a non-student section in front of a bunch of caffeine-amped UCONN students who came in loud and proud with the ring leader informing us that they would be standing for the entire game. My wife coming off hip replacement surgery wasn't exactly interested in dealing with this balloon knot so we moved over across the aisle to sit with a bunch of ASU students who were given the tickets as freebies. Was having a great time until the balloon knot decided to get in my brother in law's face about not standing and not being a proper fan. All the the balloon knot was yammering at my brother in law he was missing UCONN's only real highlight from what was a dismal game - that being a 90 yard kickoff return.

There was also an INT return for a TD.

We were only down 34-20 in the fourth quarter and driving in OU territory with a chance to make it really interesting. It could have been a lot worse than that.

Reaction Score
In my section last night a dude dressed as Captain America and his 10 hammered friends came in. On their phones the entire 10 minutes they actually stayed. Unreal. You figure someone going to wear a costume might be into the game? At least we had some leg room for most of the game.

Reaction Score
People stand in my section at Gampel all the time. . This isn't the opera.

It's also not a deal to sit occasionally especially when the person behind you can't stand the whole game. It's a disgrace to watch young drunks tell women and elderly folks to stfu.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
@BoatShow we were in 218 which was directly across from you and we definitely noticed the commotion. It seemed they were getting into it with Shaq Goodwin which I found amusing. There was also and older woman in front of them that appeared to be egging them on. You could hear the yelling from up in our section.

Reaction Score
@BoatShow we were in 218 which was directly across from you and we definitely noticed the commotion. It seemed they were getting into it with Shaq Goodwin which I found amusing. There was also and older woman in front of them that appeared to be egging them on. You could hear the yelling from up in our section.
That was maybe the strangest part of it. This one random woman was defending them and she was probably paying even less attention to the game.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

I was in the student section and some kids definitely got Shaq Goodwin's attention. He turned around and started yelling back at them lol.

Reaction Score
I was three sections over. Someone his size should not be yelling at anyone. He was the before picture in the old comic book ads. As far as his not being a real fan comment, he spent 50% of his time looking at his cell phone and 40% of his time monitoring other fans.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a garden variety to me. They are everywhere, you don't even have to look that hard.

Reaction Score
It's very possible it was relatives/friends of one of the players. The family and friends section is 112, 111, 110 the first 5 or so rows.

Reaction Score
Section 223? That kid dressed like Captain America and some friends sat right next to me and my fiancé and left after a few and ran up to the student section I think.

Reaction Score
It's very possible it was relatives/friends of one of the players. The family and friends section is 112, 111, 110 the first 5 or so rows.
I believe it was actually section 10 (upper corner behind Uconn bench). Unless there were two very similar incidents happening in Gampel last night.

Reaction Score
Had the same thing at MSG versus MD. He stood in front of a man who had both knees replaced and was partially blocking our view. If you are in the student section I get it. We tried talking to him, but he said no. Was quite the jerk. When 100 people want to kick you , then you should know it's not cool. I am wondering if it could be the same kid, very disrespectful. He was finally removed by security right before the end of the first half.
I was there too. It started to get ugly and people were getting really pissed off. Personally I don't care about standing but when someone tells me to sit, I would sit down.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
That was maybe the strangest part of it. This one random woman was defending them and she was probably paying even less attention to the game.

At first I thought she was fighting with them and then I realized she was actually on their side. Was she related to one of the players?

Reaction Score
At first I thought she was fighting with them and then I realized she was actually on their side. Was she related to one of the players?
She may have been? I didn't hear any name dropping. I find it hard to believe that if any of the people involved were player relatives or friends that they wouldn't have made it known.

Reaction Score
Section 223? That kid dressed like Captain America and some friends sat right next to me and my fiancé and left after a few and ran up to the student section I think.
They were talking about getting an uber to meet friends so I doubt they stayed. Oh well, I was just happy to be able to spread out a bit. Hate the bench seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom