Strange article involving Skylar Diggins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Strange article involving Skylar Diggins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
[quote="Skylar shouldn't respond to anyone on Twitter. Can you delete comments from your Twitter?[/quote]

You can, but once people see it, they can retweet it-- so it's never really gone.

Reaction Score
The girl shouldn't have retaliated. The game was almost over and they won anyway. Made a mountain out of a molehill.

Skylar shouldn't respond to anyone on Twitter. Can you delete comments from your Twitter?

You can delete a Tweet-- sort of. Once it's out there, anyone who follows you could have retweeted it, anyone could take a screenshot of it. Nothing is really gone. Just ask these US politicians (LINK)

Reaction Score
I don't care too much about this particular incident, but I'm very curious to hear from those Notre Dame sources about Diggins's behavior there, especially if it precipitated tension inside the locker room or the Athletic Department.

Nobody around here would be surprised by her egotistical antics.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I don't care too much about this particular incident, but I'm very curious to hear from those Notre Dame sources about Diggins's behavior there, especially if it precipitated tension inside the locker room or the Athletic Department.

I don't want to hear about it - it has nothing to do with UConn basketball, and it is just gossip

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

I don't want to hear about it - it has nothing to do with UConn basketball, and it is just gossip

And in fact if we start getting "sourced" reports about Diggins locker room behavior it most likely will be deleted. Published articles are fair game but rumors and "secret sources" are just gossip and usually just lead to harmful speculation, one of the areas we just don't engage in here.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There is no larger Diggins detractor than me, but a) the precipitating incident didn't involve Skylar at all, and b) if she behaved badly during or after it, she didn't express herself in any way that was inciting a riot or anything. I guess there's also point c) to be made, namely the worst thing that happened on Twitter was being unapologetic for something that wasn't the end of the world behavior-wise.

Honestly, I love me some Geno Auriemma, but even he's responded to tweets/letters/emails worse than has Skylar.
seem to me the other kid was instigating... she "at'ed" Diggins on Twitter, no need for that. SD was like "wth"

this symbol "@" means you want them to read and see it

so the Twitter war and silliness folks are talking about concerning SD obviously dont know how Twitter works.

Diggins name was only mentioned to make the acticle readable... she should get paid for her services

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
seem to me the other kid was instigating... she "at'ed" Diggins on Twitter, no need for that. SD was like "wth"

this symbol "@" means you want them to read and see it

so the Twitter war and silliness folks are talking about concerning SD obviously dont know how Twitter works.

Diggins name was only mentioned to make the acticle readable... she should get paid for her services
The girl that started the Twitter war is a high school kid; Diggins is a grown woman, a college graduate from a university that doesn't take dummies. She should know better. I always marvel at adults that get into squabbles with teenagers then try to blame the kid.

Reaction Score
The girl that started the Twitter war is a high school kid; Diggins is a grown woman, a college graduate from a university that doesn't take dummies. She should know better. I always marvel at adults that get into squabbles with teenagers then try to blame the kid.

That's what I was thinking. A high school kid.

Reaction Score
I read another article and it says that the girl who was "Tweeting" Skylar is the sister of the player who got hit and is a "former" player of that team. Maybe she graduated and was watching her younger sister play. So it might not have been a high school kid after all.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Those would be 2 reasons why I would want to hear about it. But in fact it has a lot to do with UConn basketball. We play ND next year. She might be in the stands yelling at us. Forewarned is ten-armed, since we have 5 players on the court at one time.
Happy New Year!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I read another article and it says that the girl who was "Tweeting" Skylar is the sister of the player who got hit and is a "former" player of that team. Maybe she graduated and was watching her younger sister play. So it might not have been a high school kid after all.
Apparently Kelsey Minix is a junior at Purdue and a member of the cheerleading squad there. Another young woman behaving in an immature manner. Neither Minix nor Diggins have anything to be proud of in that exchange.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Don't most elite players go overseas to make the real money at this time of year? Why is she hanging around high school games in her hometown?

Reaction Score
Apparently Kelsey Minix is a junior at Purdue and a member of the cheerleading squad there. Another young woman behaving in an immature manner. Neither Minix nor Diggins have anything to be proud of in that exchange.
Yep. She needs to realize that she's a public figure now. "Tweeting" happy stuff is one thing but people may target her.

Reaction Score
Don't most elite players go overseas to make the real money at this time of year? Why is she hanging around high school games in her hometown?
Dunno. Someone should interview her and find out this kind of stuff.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
thanks Striper

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she still took it to Skylar via Twitter... wasn't they in the same building at the time or shortly before. this "Skylar/Twitter thing is my point, folks acting like SD was on there talking trash first! 22,25,35 or 65 yrs old, people say and do silly stuff on the net

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Gee, since we don't have hard facts why are we still talking about this?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
People posting on this thread seem to fall generally into one of two categories: anti-Skylar or Skylar-supportive. Minds are made up and positions are hardening. Nothing that individuals in either group will post will persuade anyone in the other group to change their minds.

So let it go.

Enough already!

Reaction Score
Duh...Home for the Holidays? Some here need to get a few new interests, yes even targets.
She's home for the holidays but people want to know why she didn't go overseas like the rest of the top WNBAers. Until I hear it from her mouth I don't believe anything.

Reaction Score
People posting on this thread seem to fall generally into one of two categories: anti-Skylar or Skylar-supportive. Minds are made up and positions are hardening. Nothing that individuals in either group will post will persuade anyone in the other group to change their minds.

So let it go.

Enough already!
There's nothing wrong with discussing it. A couple of points have been clarified from talking about it.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score

So let it go.

Enough already!
But Kib, what about people like me who fall into both categories?

Happy New Year!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Bill, while those folks talk AT each other, you may simply talk to yourself.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
But Kib, what about people like me who fall into both categories?

Happy New Year!

Y'know Bill, with a thread starting with the headline "Strange article.." .. I shoulda known you'd show up!:p

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
She's home for the holidays but people want to know why she didn't go overseas like the rest of the top WNBAers. Until I hear it from her mouth I don't believe anything.

Skylar has every right to stay home or not for whatever reason. And she is under no obligation to answer anybody's questions. She even has every right to hang around South Bend and go to HS basketball games. And she has the right to exercise a combination of poor judgment and free speech (up to a point prescribed by school oficials) to shout verbal editorial comments about extracurricular activity on court.

Satisfied now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel