Stories about booing | The Boneyard

Stories about booing

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you weren't there - don't buy there were huge amounts of boos raining down at XL today. Not even close to the truth.

The booing was as halfhearted from a small population as UConn's effort in the first half.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
As someone who was not there I heard what sounded like booing over the TV at the end of the first half and end of the game. If it was a small subset it unfortunately didn't come across that way

Reaction Score
I would be sure anyone around me whom I caught booing would fully understand my opinion on this action. UConn athletic department should take these people outside and leave them there too because they aren't the fans we require for our mens basketball team, not at all.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If you weren't there - don't buy there were huge amounts of boos raining down at XL today. Not even close to the truth.

The booing was as halfhearted from a small population as UConn's effort in the first half.

this is true, there was a smattering of rather low key booing at halftime

didn't notice any at the end of the game

the refs were booed loudly on a couple of occasions, but not often

Reaction Score
Place seemed about 80% full which was surprising for a Wed game at 3:00. Heard some boos which i dont agree with but not surprised. The fans seemed about as into the game as the players. If ur gonna boo college kids, you might as well just leave the game early

Reaction Score
Place seemed about 80% full which was surprising for a Wed game at 3:00. Heard some boos which i dont agree with but not surprised. The fans seemed about as into the game as the players. If ur gonna boo college kids, you might as well just leave the game early

If you are capable of booing better yet, just don't go because these people comparable to a Grayson Allen personality. Stay away no need for those to be there!

Reaction Score
I remember in the early JC days a game at the XL against Nova. We played a bad first half and I'm pretty sure Tex Spradling missed a layup to end the half. The booing was loud and by many(not me because I don't boo ).

I felt embarrassed for the kids. It wasn't necessary they knew how they played and JC was going to spend the entire halftime letting them know that. That was good enough for me.

Yesterday I didn't hear too many boos to be honest (I'm in section 110 at XL) but I was in a daze after the first half.

The kids yesterday were upset going into the half and after the game. Most looked stunned.

If you are only there for the good times Stay the duck* Home. Don't want or need your half hearted support.

Reaction Score

I was there and didn't even hear any booing.

Reaction Score
There was a little at some point in the first half. Only heard it once. A few people in my section started yelling about how ridiculous the booing was when it happened.

Reaction Score

Truth

Reaction Score
Joe D made it a point to criticize the fans for unjustly booing an injury plagued and decimated team.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Definitely not a lot of boo birds - a few
There was a couple of younger guys near us who started to but they were starred down quickly and one of them got the hint and said something to the others
I'm all for people's rights but booing young athletes is near the bottom in my book
These players understood where they were - you could see it in their faces at halftime and after the game
In my eyes it was a game of men vs boys

Reaction Score

I was suprised by the headline, there was just one clown in my area of the arena who was booing. Now if you wanted lusty booing, Rentschler Field was *the* place to be this year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember in the early JC days a game at the XL against Nova. We played a bad first half and I'm pretty sure Tex Spradling missed a layup to end the half. The booing was loud and by many(not me because I don't boo ).

That was the "Dream Season", if only.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Only booing I picked up on from TV seemed to be directed at Houston who was really sniffing their own farts over beating up a decimated shell of a team.

Reaction Score
there were no fans left to in the stands to boo

actually, what I found was that the boos and catcalls really carried due to the lack of other patrons (I didn't boo or catcall).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
actually, what I found was that the boos and catcalls really carried due to the lack of other patrons (I didn't boo or catcall).
You are talking about FB here aren't you? I thought the fans hung in there pretty well yesterday.

Reaction Score

Very little booing. You never question the effort. Yet, yesterday, the defensive effort in the 1st half was not worthy of UCONN.

Reaction Score
Why is it OK to boo the untalented football team but not OK to boo the talented - albeit depleted - basketball team? The consensus over there seemed to be that it was acceptable to boo so long as it was directed at the coaches and not the players. Does the same not apply here?

For the record, I can't envision a scenario where I would boo a college team at my current age, and I can't see myself ever booing Ollie since he's already done so much. The "we don't need those fans" and "stay home" comments are probably a bit overwrought though; in even attending a 3:00 game against Houston, they did more than most of us yesterday. And we were down 36-12 at the half. To Houston. I'm not jumping in on the holier than thou act.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom