Stop worrying about Jamelle... | The Boneyard

Stop worrying about Jamelle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
She will be a very successful coach. She has her team really motivated and competing and I am very impressed with her demeanor and intensity on the sideline. They are within 8 at Rutgers with a minute to play.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
it was a good performance by her team

Reaction Score
The game was never in doubt.

Coach Elliott is in a very, very tough spot. Cincinnati has not shown a great deal of patience with its previous two head coaches.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The game was never in doubt.

Coach Elliott is in a very, very tough spot. Cincinnati has not shown a great deal of patience with its previous two head coaches.
well i hope they show some patience with her because she deserves it. having said that, no matter how good a coach you are, you can't win without good players. i sure hope she's able to pick up some talented kids in the next few years in the recruiting battles. Cinci is not exactly a destination school for kids...

Reaction Score
well i hope they show some patience with her because she deserves it. having said that, no matter how good a coach you are, you can't win without good players. i sure hope she's able to pick up some talented kids in the next few years in the recruiting battles. Cinci is not exactly a destination school for kids...

I root for Jamelle's success and, also, sincerely hope that the Cincinnati adminstration demonstrates the necessary patience.

If in Ms Elliott's quest to bring talent to her program, she takes chances on players of questionable character and academic standing, would any of us think as highly of her?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I root for Jamelle's success and, also, sincerely hope that the Cincinnati adminstration demonstrates the necessary patience.

If in Ms Elliott's quest to bring talent to her program, she takes chances on players of questionable character and academic standing, would any of us think as highly of her?

I guess it would depend on what you're insinuating by "questionable" -- and how those risks pan out. Is she simply taking a risk to save her job, or does she think she can help the student-athlete as a whole.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
After 16 games, Cincy has a 9-7 record, 0-3 in the Big East. The three BE losses were to USF (by 3 points), #14 Louisville (by 5 points) and at #10 Rutgers (by 11 points). Other losses, at #12 Miami (FL) by 5, Indianapolis by 7, at Marshall by 8, and at rival Xavier by 7. That means that Cincy's average loss is by 6.6 points this season and 7 points vs ranked teams.

Last year, Cincy was 8-8 (1-4 Big East) with some blowout losses. If the Cincy AD is smart, he will see the improvements and give JJ some more time because there has been progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom