Stop with the 3s! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stop with the 3s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought TO was 1 of 2 from 3? Made one against Maryland and missed one against Florida or Maine. Remember when he used to make some shots in the soft spot against the zone? I really thought he was gonna develop a bit more range back then.

Still hard to fathom TO starting the championship game as a FRESHMAN and now getting garbage time as a senior. His body looks pretty much the same? I'm guessing he isn't a gym rat but what do I know?

Reaction Score
I thought TO was 1 of 2 from 3? Made one against Maryland and missed one against Florida or Maine. Remember when he used to make some shots in the soft spot against the zone? I really thought he was gonna develop a bit more range back then.

Still hard to fathom TO starting the championship game as a FRESHMAN and now getting garbage time as a senior. His body looks pretty much the same? I'm guessing he isn't a gym rat but what do I know?

I agree didn't know he took that many either......saw it here:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/41/connecticut-huskies

Reaction Score
Shooting 33% from the arc, 1 of 3.

Is the same as shooting 50% from inside the arc, 1 of 2.

I know some folks don't get this. But consider a team taking 18n shots.

If they took only threes --6 of 18 (33%) from the arc yields 18 points.

If they took only twos ----9 of 18 (50%) yields 18 points.

Reaction Score

Its not like his minutes are really all that different tho, TO would start those games and barely play after that.

Reaction Score
Shooting 33% from the arc, 1 of 3.

Is the same as shooting 50% from inside the arc, 1 of 2.

I know some folks don't get this. But consider a team taking 18n shots.

If they took only threes --6 of 18 (33%) from the arc yields 18 points.

If they took only twos ----9 of 18 (50%) yields 18 points.

A secondary benefit is that -- if the team can rebound offensively -- those additional missed 3's turn into added possessions. Let's say you offensively rebound a third of your missed shots (this is optimistic, but it lets me work with whole numbers and the point is true regardless of your OR%).

Those 18 3-point attempts at 33% accuracy translate to 18 points and 12 rebounding opportunties --> 4 additional possessions.

Those 18 2-point attempts at 50% accuracy translate to 18 points and 9 rebounding opportunities --> 3 additional possessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom