STOP. CALLING. PEOPLE. NAMES. | The Boneyard

STOP. CALLING. PEOPLE. NAMES.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What's wrong with you people, that you need to resort to third grade insults? Stop calling people names. It's also not cute when you deliberately mangle a player's or coach's name to make it sound like an insult; it's stupid and juvenile. And, frankly, it's embarrassing as a UConn fan because it makes us all sound small and petty.

I've had it. Bans will be handed out. You are just too much work.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's wrong with you people, that you need to resort to third grade insults? Stop calling people names. It's also not cute when you deliberately mangle a player's or coach's name to make it sound like an insult; it's stupid and juvenile. And, frankly, it's embarrassing as a UConn fan because it makes us all sound small and petty.

Same with other posters. Disagree without being disagreeable. FWIW, this board typically does a good job at that.

Reaction Score

what about really clever insults, using sarcasm and dramatic irony

Reaction Score

THANK YOU, Husky Nan.

Reaction Score
Why people want to be rude to other people escapes me.
I think a better question is "why do they want to be rude on the Boneyard?" Dunno, although I can guess. But there are a billion other places on the internet to be rude, if that's your thing. No reason you need to be here.

Thanks for fighting the good fight, Nan.

Reaction Score

Why would you want to? This is something I don’t get. I don’t come to the Boneyard to give — or get— grief, no matter how clever. Personally, I find it pretty off-putting and I can’t be alone in that sentiment, so I appreciate the crackdown.

Reaction Score
Clever insults are still just insults. They’ll be judged individually. You might want to read the rules tacked to the top of the board

Sense of superiority.

Reaction Score
I must spend too much time in the cesspool. I always think people are always too nice, civil and respectful here...LOL

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Clever insults are still just insults. They’ll be judged individually. You might want to read the rules tacked to the top of the board

Anonymity! The internet allows one to be as rude as one may get because most of the rudeness wouldn't be/couldn't be done--face to face. Cowardly? Maybe! Taking advantage of no one know you? Most probably. It is the internet. Modern interpersonal relationships and communication reflect this behavior. It is rampant.

Reaction Score
Husky Nan thank you for posting this!

As an avid Walt Disney World fan I post on a few message boards on that topic. I have actually abandoned one or two because what started as an insult like the ones you cited devolved into a full blown “flame war” ending all serious (or even lightheaded) discussion of the supposed topic.

So a tip of the hat to you!

Reaction Score
Husky Nan thank you for posting this!

As an avid Walt Disney World fan I post on a few message boards on that topic. I have actually abandoned one or two because what started as an insult like the ones you cited devolved into a full blown “flame war” ending all serious (or even lightheaded) discussion of the supposed topic.

So a tip of the hat to you!

And as I hear this, it clarifies a lot of my thinking on being rude on forums.

My personal preference is anti-all-things-Disney. Would I respond to any discussion where you professed your love of Disney, however? I would not. Why? Because I always ask myself before posting (occasionally before hitting the POST button after I’ve already written something), what does my post add to this discussion? If it’s just to convey my disagreement, it’s not actually adding anything to the discussion. I keep those sentiments to myself (or maybe I turn to a friend and say something flip, but you’ll never know it).

OK, now I’m done. I doubt that anything else I could say would actually add anything (I haven’t already said) to this discussion.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Listen here, you bright, witty, beautiful, husky fanatic. Sometimes we call people names.

Reaction Score

While I don't post a lot on the womans board, I do read it everyday and the civility on this board is a breath of fresh air compared to the mens board , (football and cesspool I won't even get started on).

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Yep, been called names all my life - with a last name like Sargent you still never get used to it

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Well, I haven't been here for a while. I guess I missed something....or....maybe not.....lol...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom