Stonehill and MVS | The Boneyard

Stonehill and MVS

Reaction Score
Have we ever played on paper two worse teams consecutively? Stonehill is currently 350 on Kenpom and MVS is dead last at 362. I'm in full support of tune up games but definitely would preferred getting a team 100-150 leading up to Indiana.

Reaction Score
Have we ever played on paper two worse teams consecutively? Stonehill is currently 350 on Kenpom and MVS is dead last at 362. I'm in full support of tune up games but definitely would preferred getting a team 100-150 leading up to Indiana.
A lot of us, myself included, complained about the cupcake games last year too. I now think there is something very valuable gained by beating up lesser teams early in the year.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
There has been a lot of talk about this lately and in years past. Since there is no real preseason in CBB these games will never go away. Our OOC schedule is fairly strong this year, Indiana, Kansas, Gonzaga, UNC all before the gauntlet that is the Big East. Im not really sure why we expect anything different. But, Boneyard gonna Boneyard…

Reaction Score
Young team with their oldest portal guy brand new to Storrs. These are great games for these guys to find their chemistry as well as Dan and the staff to try multiple lineups and combinations. Things will get tough enough soon thereafter. No issues with the schedule from me.

Reaction Score
There has been a lot of talk about this lately and in years past. Since there is no real preseason in CBB these games will never go away. Our OOC schedule is fairly strong this year, Indiana, Kansas, Gonzaga, UNC all before the gauntlet that is the Big East. Im not really sure why we expect anything different. But, Boneyard gonna Boneyard…
Our OOC schedule is fairly strong? Indiana, Texas/ Louisville, Kansas, UNC, Gonzaga = fairly strong?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Have we ever played on paper two worse teams consecutively? Stonehill is currently 350 on Kenpom and MVS is dead last at 362.
In 2005, UConn played Army and Texas Southern back-to-back. They ended the year at 329 and 325 out of 334. And just two weeks later they did the Morehead State (327)/Stony Brook (313) double. No worries though, that team made it to the Elite 8.

Reaction Score
Problem is the mid-tier teams are harder to schedule. They don't care about the money as much and want to get their own home and home.

But yeah, it would be ideal not to play the actual worst team in D1 if we could predict that. Even 150-200 would be a bit more of a challenge for our guys.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Problem is the mid-tier teams are harder to schedule. They don't care about the money as much and want to get their own home and home.

But yeah, it would be ideal not to play the actual worst team in D1 if we could predict that. Even 150-200 would be a bit more of a challenge for our guys.
Yale doesn't want a home and home. They just want to play the game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
In 2005, UConn played Army and Texas Southern back-to-back. They ended the year at 329 and 325 out of 334. And just two weeks later they did the Morehead State (327)/Stony Brook (313) double. No worries though, that team made it to the Elite 8.

A like for doing the actual research.

Reaction Score
There are 5 other D1 teams in CT. Why couldn’t we play one of them every year. None of them would want or expect a home and home
We’d still beat them by an awful lot. It’s a stupid thing to worry/complain about. It doesn’t actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

Things get really difficult in a couple of weeks. Take the tune ups to gain a rhythm. The most important part about playing cupcakes is not getting hurt lol

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Young team with their oldest portal guy brand new to Storrs. These are great games for these guys to find their chemistry as well as Dan and the staff to try multiple lineups and combinations. Things will get tough enough soon thereafter. No issues with the schedule from me.
Exactly. We get a few tune up games and then play a decent Indiana team. Before UNC and Kansas later.

It’s a great way to ramp up and start the season. Actually couldn’t ask for a better competitive schedule.

Reaction Score
One silver lining of these early cupcakes is it’s a great opportunity to get some young UConn fans who aren’t ready for the big games yet to a game.

Taking my two-year-old son to his first UConn game tomorrow: he’s been walking around the house saying “Wear UConn Husky shirt to UConn basketball game” for weeks and we’ve been talking about watching his friend Alex Karaban who he met at Red Fox, and I can’t wait.

The last UConn game I attended was on a Monday night in Houston, and I’m just as excited for Stonehill on Nov. 11 to see his reaction when we go together.

Reaction Score
Taking my two-year-old son to his first UConn game tomorrow: he’s been walking around the house saying “Wear UConn Husky shirt to UConn basketball game” for weeks and we’ve been talking about watching his friend Alex Karaban who he met at Red Fox, and I can’t wait.

Out of curiosity - are you planning to stay the whole game with him? Bringing toys or other distractions? Going with another parent/adult?

I have a 25 month old and I think I’m going to wait until next season to bring him. Based on his 8 word sentence, I’m guessing your son is a little older?

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity - are you planning to stay the whole game with him? Bringing toys or other distractions? Going with another parent/adult?

I have a 25 month old and I think I’m going to wait until next season to bring him. Based on his 8 word sentence, I’m guessing your son is a little older?
Our son is actually just about 27 months (he’s a very advanced talker for his age ….). We’re going mom, dad and a grandparent so we have strength in numbers to take turns on anything and figure we’ll stay as long as possible, but big part of choosing this game was that we should be Ok with leaving early if need be.

He has done UConn baseball and women’s soccer, which both went great so using those as our guide. For the soccer game, we sat in our seats for the first half and then let him walk/play the entire second half and we made it the whole game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Our son is actually just about 27 months (he’s a very advanced talker for his age ….). We’re going mom, dad and a grandparent so we have strength in numbers to take turns on anything and figure we’ll stay as long as possible, but big part of choosing this game was that we should be Ok with leaving early if need be.
I'm sure it's going to great. Not so long I insisted the 30-month old would be fine at the hockey game despite "She'll get bored and fuss". She loved it, especially the mascot. So don't forget to play "Where's Husky Dog" once you are seated.

Reaction Score
Seriously feels like we just need something to complain about here.
My issue as a season ticket holder is that there are not a lot of good OOC games that are real home anymore. Most key matchups are neutral site games. This is an issue across all of college basketball. It would be nice to see at least 1 - 2 competitive OOC games at home each year. Instead, I'm paying a small fortune for tickets, hotel rooms, and meals for the Empire Classic.

Reaction Score
Ya'll realize we did this same thing last year and won a national championship, right?
When you've won five natties, the following is true: that no matter what your concern is, you've always had that concern before and still gone on to win a natty. And there will always be people here to remind you of that. Of all the forum's Pavlovian reflexes, it is the most reliable.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I agree. And if our schedule wasn’t so top heavy, I’d be a little more irked. Why can’t we play some teams like Fairfield, Q, maybe even a UMass? I have a bigger problem with so many games at MSG though. We need to be playing more big time OOC games at home. Bottom line. Make it happen AD Dave.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
My issue as a season ticket holder is that there are not a lot of good OOC games that are real home anymore. Most key matchups are neutral site games. This is an issue across all of college basketball. It would be nice to see at least 1 - 2 competitive OOC games at home each year. Instead, I'm paying a small fortune for tickets, hotel rooms, and meals for the Empire Classic.
We have a lot more good in-conference games than we did a few years ago. Seems like it balances out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom