Stokes! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
it was fun to see one of the BEST game of KIAH.... we need more of it from you KIAH Tomorrow...shut them down KIAH..show your KILLER KIAH mentality.GO HUSKIES....

Reaction Score
No way. She only has done it against Stanford. Find me one other game against a top team where she played like that.
I fully agree. Up to this point in her career, even the most ardent of Kiah's well-wishers have had to live with the frustrating disconnect between her obvious physical gifts and the level of actual performance that she has delivered. Many of us have prayed for a level of aggression that, until last night, she has not previously demonstrated, at least in big games. One can hope, and even assume, as I do, that now that she has achieved an exemplary level of performance in a big time setting that there is no turning back. But to suggest, even on this booster board, that a diet of crow is appropriate for those who have heretofore expressed their frustrations is downright silly. We are finally at that point in the season where the absence of Morgan Tuck is going to truly matter. For Kiah to step up now is a prayer answered. But let's not suggest that the prayerful were somehow blind to reality. Keep it up, Kiah....we need you now more than ever!

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Ok Oz, I'll start nibbling. I love her as much as anybody, but have had my doubts, still do. Afterall, its been three years now. If she can finish the job tomorrow night I'll gladly finish off the bird. Caw, caw caw!

"but have had my doubts, still do. Afterall, its been three years now. If she can finish the job tomorrow night"

This deserves an extra serving for you Sonny.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Ok Oz, I'll start nibbling. I love her as much as anybody, but have had my doubts, still do. Afterall, its been three years now. If she can finish the job tomorrow night I'll gladly finish off the bird. Caw, caw caw!
wow if she doesn't play well Tuesday night that will justify you lack of trust in her smh... if she does well tomorrow there will be no space for you on the wagon

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Kiah's +/- in this game was significant. It's a statistic I don't typically care too much about, but for her, it means something. Simply put, she positively impacts the game when she enters it.

I will be very sad to see Stef go, but I'm looking forward to Kiah in a starting role next season.

Reaction Score
wow if she doesn't play well Tuesday night that will justify you lack of trust in her smh... if she does well tomorrow there will be no space for you on the wagon
Yes, of course, I mentioned the last three years. And as someone else mentioned, it's the big games that count. I'm sharpening up my knife though and I'll saw my way onto the wagon, sharpening that too.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno on Kiah diving for a loose ball last night:

"Funny stuff happens at the Final Four. She dove on a loose ball," Auriemma said. "You have a better chance of finding that missing plane than you do of finding tape of Kiah Stokes diving on a loose ball. When I saw her do that, I thought, 'OK, she's playing now. She's into the game.'"

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I fully agree. Up to this point in her career, even the most ardent of Kiah's well-wishers have had to live with the frustrating disconnect between her obvious physical gifts and the level of actual performance that she has delivered. Many of us have prayed for a level of aggression that, until last night, she has not previously demonstrated, at least in big games. One can hope, and even assume, as I do, that now that she has achieved an exemplary level of performance in a big time setting that there is no turning back. But to suggest, even on this booster board, that a diet of crow is appropriate for those who have heretofore expressed their frustrations is downright silly. We are finally at that point in the season where the absence of Morgan Tuck is going to truly matter. For Kiah to step up now is a prayer answered. But let's not suggest that the prayerful were somehow blind to reality. Keep it up, Kiah....we need you now more than ever!
Didn't get my sarcasm, huh.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Geno on Kiah diving for a loose ball last night:

"Funny stuff happens at the Final Four. She dove on a loose ball," Auriemma said. "You have a better chance of finding that missing plane than you do of finding tape of Kiah Stokes diving on a loose ball. When I saw her do that, I thought, 'OK, she's playing now. She's into the game.'"

I did laugh out loud at this....shame on me....

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

You need to refresh yourself with sarcasm and irony, BigP. And, what is silly, is to see a poster(U!!) take themselves so seriously. I was just enjoying the moment. Indeed Kiah's moment. Crow that.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
hc-uconn-600px-image.gif

Reaction Score
Kiah's two best games, particularly offensively, have been against Stanford. They must be wondering why such a great honor has been bestowed upon them. That short jumper she took, unhesitatingly, that went in (with some hesitation), and the layups off assists, hopefully will be a preview of tomorrow and next year. Being able to perform this well at the end of the season, against the toughest opponents, and when it meant the most, will give her a great psychological boost for next year. A great weight has been lifted off her strong shoulders.

It's amazing how quickly she has created fear in the opposing team. When an opponent spies her waiting calmly ahead, the player does a Rosanna-danna-danna- NEVERMIND!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No, given that the sarcasm, if it was that, was so ill-situated to the reality of the circumstances.
No, the sarcasm was dead on.

Now this statement by you is one lacking in the reality of the circumstance.

" Many of us have prayed for a level of aggression that, until last night, she has not previously demonstrated, at least in big games"

The first Stanford game wasn't a big game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom