Stokes! | The Boneyard

Stokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Is a game changer. She rebounds, defends, and made shots tonight...she plays with intensity but never out of control. If she can develop a little 15-footer like Stef, she will be amazing next season.

Reaction Score
Kiah not only comes in and does all the little things, she is a calming influence as well. I never see her play like her hair is on fire. While everyone else is scurrying around, rushing shots, Kiah just comes in and takes care of business.

Love that kid more and more every time she takes the court.

Reaction Score
Kiah was without a doubt the reason we came back and won this game. All that she contributed (especially that o board and put back) came at key times. Id love to see the +/- of her minutes. This big line up will be our dagger for ND this championship. Let's Go HUSKIES

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Kiah - always been my favorite, after Stefanie...just love the kid

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tara mentioned Stokes and the big lineup as key factors during her press conference. She said they couldn't counter that lineup.

Reaction Score
Kiah puts me more at ease about not having Morgan. She's doing everything she needs to do and more. Nine points and as someone said, nice moves around the basket. Still, we need to get off to a better start, rebound better and have fewer turnovers. KML cannot go without a shot for the first ten minutes of the first half. Fifteen in the second half to help the Huskies put the game away.

Reaction Score
Kiah was solid and aggressive on offense. She got a huge ovation at the end of the game.
YAY! I'm so glad! After all she's been through - now finally she comes into her own. Love that kid!

Reaction Score
Kiah not only comes in and does all the little things, she is a calming influence as well. I never see her play like her hair is on fire. While everyone else is scurrying around, rushing shots, Kiah just comes in and takes care of business.

Love that kid more and more every time she takes the court.
I totally agree!!

Reaction Score
She showed us she's got offensive moves....imagine if she was as much of a go getter like Stewie or even Dolson in the scoring category. She'll be like a 3 headed monster with her blocking, rebounding, and her scoring.....sky will be the limit for her.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno mentioned that playing Stokes allowed them to move Stewie to the 3 and put some length on the perimeter to challenge Stanford's 3s and also allowed UConn to switch on screens.

Geno was asked about Samuelson shooting 1-7 on 3s (Ruef was 0-5). He mentioned that his team is able to guard Chiney with one defender which meant defenders could stay with Stanford's 3-pt shooters and contest their shots. We discussed this in a thread earlier in the week. North Carolina had to help off Stanford's other players in order to defend Chiney and gave up a lot of open looks.

Reaction Score
She has become a force to be reckoned with! She seems to gain more and more confidence in the offensive side of her game as time went on in this game! I think she'll be a big piece of the puzzle vs ND on Tuesday! Especially with Achonwa out!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I thought she was the pivot point on which the game turned.
I feel like Geno used a timeout to get JUST her out at the end of the game, which got her her well deserved standing O.

Reaction Score
She sparked the run at the last 5 minutes of the first half where she went around Chiney and intercepted the ball.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
For confirmed Kiah doubters...

upload_2014-4-7_7-48-45.jpeg

Reaction Score
Good for Kiah! I am so happy for her and the whole team!!!

Reaction Score
No way. She only has done it against Stanford. Find me one other game against a top team where she played like that.

It really doesn't matter what she's done in the distant (prior to last night) past. She's doing it NOW, when we needed it the most! She GETS it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom