OT: Stock trading | Page 24 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Hope others have gotten in Docu along the way. Unbelievable stock for me, up another 18 today. I wonder if there is a takeover rumor brewing.

Reaction Score
Don't get caught holding the bag on Solo. There cars only have 3 wheels!!

Reaction Score
An electric car maker with a better upside then Solo is SHLO.

Reaction Score
I should say electric car parts supplier"
Recently I got into WKHS, NIO and AYRO. I had NKLA for a while and made a nice pop on it but I think it’s a fraud that can’t deliver the goods. I’m good with having most of my electric car $ in TSLA and a little in each of these otters just in case one really gets a foothold.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
My question for all of you who do this regularly: How the hell is the market only down about 15% since COVID started? I know it dropped to 18,000 for a tick, but how is it not down 30 or 40%?

I've been looking to put some cash in, but I really thought that point would be 15,000. This seems at least as bad as 2007/2008.

Reaction Score
My question for all of you who do this regularly: How the hell is the market only down about 15% since COVID started? I know it dropped to 18,000 for a tick, but how is it not down 30 or 40%?

I've been looking to put some cash in, but I really thought that point would be 15,000. This seems at least as bad as 2007/2008.
The market exists to frustrate conventional wisdom.

All the smart guys I follow on Twitter expected (in March and April) a retest of lows except 1 (out of maybe 75-100 guys who I’ve followed for years and are pros). Mom & pop sold out too esp retirees.

Add to that more Central Bank intervention Than in 2008 and much earlier and faster (***just before credit markets almost froze again***) and here we are.

Extreme Bearish Sentiment (and still everyone looking for the Big drop) + Unprecendented Centrsl Bank Intervention = Here we are.

Tech is killing it and many are likely in secular bull trends, not all sectors are participating and many still way down like transports and energy. So sticking it in Vanguard wouldn’t work near as well. Small caps still suck big time too. So ur getting close to Dow 15K-20K on small craps, energy, transports, etc.

The past few years I think diversification has killed investors, vanguard total stock funds are big time underperforming, international has lagged Huge overall, and small and mid caps give u more volaitity with less return. So a rising tide has largely lifted tech‘s boat and not many others (healthcare, biotech have been strong).

Reaction Score

The Dow is down 15% but it’s a very misleading indicator these days. It’s comprised of only 30 companies and very few tech companies. I laugh when people always mention where the Dow is. The place to be now is tech and the Nasdaq, which is up on the year.

You’re not wrong though to wonder why the market isn’t down much more than it is, or even up like the Nasdaq. If you do get in, look at work from home beneficiaries or ones like Amazon or Microsoft who will prosper whether we get a vaccine soon or not. There are many other companies like Shopify, Twilio, DocuSign, Zoom, PayPal and otters who are killing it in this environment. With that said, the good ones have all run up so much that I can’t advise you get in at these levels. I have had a great run in tech since April but I too can’t see this lasting much longer. I’ll probably sell half of everything soon and wait for a meaningful correction.

Reaction Score
Recently I got into WKHS, NIO and AYRO. I had NKLA for a while and made a nice pop on it but I think it’s a fraud that can’t deliver the goods. I’m good with having most of my electric car $ in TSLA and a little in each of these otters just in case one really gets a foothold.

Yeah, I think NKLA is a total fraud and so is the CEO. I thinking about a long position in NIO, they could end up being the Tesla of Asia. Amazon is already thinking about producing an electric delivery van, so I am taking a wait and see on WKHS, would not buy at it's current levels, need another big pullback for me to get in. AYRO is interesting, but I think any golf cart manufacturer could compete with that space. I am curious who is going to be making all the batteries for the other companies? Tesla Powerwall is legit.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think NKLA is a total fraud and so is the CEO. I thinking about a long position in NIO, they could end up being the Tesla of Asia. Amazon is already thinking about producing an electric delivery van, so I am taking a wait and see on WKHS, would not buy at it's current levels, need another big pullback for me to get in. AYRO is interesting, but I think any golf cart manufacturer could compete with that space. I am curious who is going to be making all the batteries for the other companies? Tesla Powerwall is legit.
Following IDEX these last 2 weeks was like being in an abusive relationship. The damn EV market has so many bulls and bears pulling all these companies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

The Fed

Reaction Score
Following IDEX these last 2 weeks was like being in an abusive relationship. The damn EV market has so many bulls and bears pulling all these companies.

Most of these probably won't even be viable companies because they will never compete with Tesla. They will have small niche markets at best. They are fun to trade though as long as you manage your position by the hour.

Reaction Score
Most of these probably won't even be viable companies because they will never compete with Tesla. They will have small niche markets at best. They are fun to trade though as long as you manage your position by the hour.
I just took small positions in WKHS, NIO and AYRO. If one of 3 really takes off I’ll be thrilled,

Reaction Score
Just read that Nikola initial shareholders can exercise their options starting this monday, 50 million shares. LOL
The stock may tank in pretrade monday morning.

Reaction Score
@rip7774 why knock vanguard? VGT all day for that tech money.
Meant Vanguard total stock VTI/VTSAX- should have been more clear. A lot of folks just use this or vanguard s&p 500 fund and my point is that it’s not working. Yes VGT rocks. I can’t imagine people use regular mutual funds with high fees anymore except in 401K where forced to.

Reaction Score
As expected, Nikola getting dumped by the initial investors, wonder if the stock goes back to $10? LOL

Reaction Score
Have AYRO, BLNK and NIO. Plus their daddy, Tesla.
[/QUOTE

NIO is interesting, I don;t trust Chines companies and the chinese have never produced anything worthwhile. Will be interesting to see how high this gets pumped up.

Reaction Score
As expected, Nikola getting dumped by the initial investors, wonder if the stock goes back to $10? LOL
That Fraud Milton and NKLA, lol. I made a great pop on that a month ago and so happy to be out. I’ll add more AYRO back tomorrow if it stays under 6.

Reaction Score
That Fraud Milton and NKLA, lol. I made a great pop on that a month ago and so happy to be out. I’ll add more AYRO back tomorrow if it stays under 6.

I notice that Milton is no longer the CEO, he is just a board member. The poor bastard put in as the new CEO will be the scapegoat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom