OT: Stock trading | Page 158 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Hedging => best coupla weeks since summer of 20. Took a LOT of profits in tax deferred accounts, even in LT holds of non-deferred accounts' high fee mutual funds a few weeks back. Gradually, will buy into lower fee growth ETFs and some DFA post-mutual fund to ETF transition. Solid asset manager.

Pre-recent LINK downturns, jettisoned highest priced still profitable LINK and guaranteed breakeven on remaining lowest cost bits. Still believe in LINK; less keen on more than a few holders' massive leverage. Glad we're traditional-currency diversified.

@Gutter King and @CTBasketball DPLS and AMC been very good to smallish gambling flyer of a Roth account. Otherwise, generally feel increasing protection of SPY and QQQ and cash matters. Anyone overly leveraged, hmmm, hope the road ahead's not pock full of pot holes.
Time will tell ...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
TRCH - running............

double digits baby!
Sold a lil @ 10

thinkng about selling a CC
MAybe a 7/16 $12.50 for $4?

Again new to options, but if I can get 400 in premium and maybe get taken out @ 12.50 for a stock I paid $2 bucks for?

I don’t think the divi will be $4+ a share

I could maybe sell 6 contracts, but want to stay long on at least 3-4.

thoughts?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
up 128% on TRCH - wow....keep running......

Anyone in on AHT?
Where do you see it going? It’s running hot right now. Not sure if I want to jump in

I looked into DPLS and jumped in

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
With the $1.26B market cap, $0 in revenue as of 12/31/20, and 3 F/T employees? What am I missing, because it smells like I'm in Denmark?
TL,DR: You are investing in a 2-3 year plan if you are HODL HMBL.

This is in the OTC market for a reason. High risk, high reward. For me this was a bounce play first and foremost, I entered at 1.12.

I could argue a long hold here though as well. The future of monetary transactions will likely be done utilizing the blockchain, as that is cheaper, quicker and via an intuitive app, more convenient.

Note that competitors Venmo and Zelle are domestic options at this time. HMBL is hoping to be worldwide P2P and B2P. SOFI is another potential competitor on the investment side of things, it may come down to who is willing to nut up on the crypto front, regardless of regs.

That is the base level of what they are doing and they are first to market with this sort of thing. I like their gameplan in general:

Weekly podcasts (starting August) that bring on cultural influencers/athletes/musicians, athletes brand building, and NFTs. They are going to end up having cornered the market if they make that synergistic enough. Celebs are going to be giving HMBL free advertising as they hype their latest NFT, or whatever BS they have going*. Really good timing as well with the supreme court decision on likeness**.

*Note: Celeb culture is exhausting. Unfortunately as consumers we are simple minded and that is still the quickest way to mass adoption.

**Note: In the 90s, David Bowie created Bowie Bonds for a couple of his albums. It didnt really work then, but I think like most of what he did he was just ahead of his time. We may start seeing these middle and high schoolers issue stock of themselves (via the blockchain, BaaS) and take control of their earning power. You or I could "buy stock" in an obscure athlete or musician, and cashout when they sign their $300m deal.

Once you get that celebrity hype train rolling you can add revenue streams at a rapid rate.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Hedging => best coupla weeks since summer of 20. Took a LOT of profits in tax deferred accounts, even in LT holds of non-deferred accounts' high fee mutual funds a few weeks back. Gradually, will buy into lower fee growth ETFs and some DFA post-mutual fund to ETF transition. Solid asset manager.

Pre-recent LINK downturns, jettisoned highest priced still profitable LINK and guaranteed breakeven on remaining lowest cost bits. Still believe in LINK; less keen on more than a few holders' massive leverage. Glad we're traditional-currency diversified.

@Gutter King and @CTBasketball DPLS and AMC been very good to smallish gambling flyer of a Roth account. Otherwise, generally feel increasing protection of SPY and QQQ and cash matters. Anyone overly leveraged, hmmm, hope the road ahead's not pock full of pot holes.
Time will tell ...
I like the idea of staying light on the feet in both crypto and stocks. Limit the exposure, make fewer plays. I do think we will go on a little run in the stock market if crypto winters it for the rest of 2021.

There is a bubble around every corner: housing, used cars, new cars, vintage furniture, magic the freaking gathering/pokemon, you name it. When the rug gets pulled out, it's going to be epic.

Reaction Score
There is a bubble around every corner: housing, used cars, new cars, vintage furniture, magic the freaking gathering/pokemon, you name it. When the rug gets pulled out, it's going to be epic.
commercial MBS; end of govt-paid residential leases/mortgages; auto & other consumer debt ?????

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Chainlink x Swift.
People were saying it was going to be xrp or that xrp/ripple would replace swift

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
has anyone heard of Chris Cole's Dragon portfolio? Has anyone done call backspreads?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom