Stock trading

Not the least bit keen on SPACs generally (albeit MP's been rewarding), but tossing out RMGB given ReNew Energy's significant current solar and wind power generation and aggressive expansion plans in a nation badly in need of enhanced infrastructure, alternatives to coal and old nuclear power generation in India, fast growing economic despite the ongoing SARS-2 tragedy, etc. I've never lived in India, but have visited multiple times for work, colleague's weddings, etc. For now, just non-action monitoring ReNew with a small commitment a la Warde Manuel ....

I'll monitor this situation as well. Curious that a deal was announced Fri and a partnership Today and this thing gets no volume. Seems odd. Are SPACs dead? I see that Chimanth is part of this thing as well....does he no longer have the pull? It was $8B worth, should have moved the needle. Maybe when their covid crisis calms down.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Was looking at DOT, but it's not on Coinbase. Any thoughts on it and on alternate exchanges?

Was looking at DOT, but it's not on Coinbase. Any thoughts on it and on alternate exchanges?
I purchased all my DOT on Kraken. Easy to do now w/. latest app update. You can stake all of it there as well for rewards.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
I purchased all my DOT on Kraken. Easy to do now w/. latest app update. You can stake all of it there as well for rewards.

Someone explain the staking. I haven't staked any crypto because I am not sure I get it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Someone explain the staking. I haven't staked any crypto because I am not sure I get it.
Pretty sure you’re giving up your coins for them to use and in return you get interest

I'm no cryptographer but, Proof of Stake (PoS) vs Proof of Work (PoW) builds the blockchain, similar to mining. Basically when you are staking on an exchange, you are allowing your coins to contribute to the network of which rewards are returned. It often takes a large amount of coins to stake, but my guess is the exchange aggregates numerous users, so even small holders can reap benefits. Whales used to buy up large amounts to stake or create masternodes.

In general, holding on an exchange isn't even actually having coins. The exchange has a lump sum cold wallet and the actual interactions are just like tokens of that. Its not till you withdraw do they actually pull the coins out of their mass wallet. But maybe the structure is different with staking as you're probably not posting limit trades on the market.

TLDR you're renting your coins to be used to build and maintain the blockchain.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Thoughts on $FUBO showing all 51 matches of the Euro Cup? Will it have any impact on the stock?

I put 10% of the value of my equity holdings into crypto 3 years ago. Today the accounts are equal- and if I’m right -it will 10x from here.
Do not be fooled by FUD- you don’t have to invest a lot -but a diverse portfolio is always good.
invest a small amount in the future even if it seems foreign at this point- it only means you are early- and that is an exciting place to be.
UCONN!!!

DPLS trucking. Uplisting iminient, though up 100% we may see a sell off a la MNMD a couple weeks back. Regardless, this is a complete gem. They just bought two drone companies to expand their infrastructure integrity tech BOTDA.

I am looking to enter HMBL at around 1.15. I don't know too much about this though the app is similar to the sofi app. These all in one basic fintech apps are about to get adopted en masse, especially if they can get the crypto on there. I like this one as it appears to be forward thinking (NFTs, crypto baskets, education, etc.) I'm playing the discounted hype on this one.

Crypto wise. I am on the fence whether we see 20k BTC, my hunch is yes and it bounces hard off that 20k mark. So targeting VET at something like .03 and LINk at 8.75ish.

I think MNMD gets to the ticker change sell off at 5.60. They just switched CEOs that should move what they are doing along faster.

DPLS trucking. Uplisting iminient, though up 100% we may see a sell off a la MNMD a couple weeks back. Regardless, this is a complete gem. They just bought two drone companies to expand their infrastructure integrity tech BOTDA.

I am looking to enter HMBL at around 1.15. I don't know too much about this though the app is similar to the sofi app. These all in one basic fintech apps are about to get adopted en masse, especially if they can get the crypto on there. I like this one as it appears to be forward thinking (NFTs, crypto baskets, education, etc.) I'm playing the discounted hype on this one.

Crypto wise. I am on the fence whether we see 20k BTC, my hunch is yes and it bounces hard off that 20k mark. So targeting VET at something like .03 and LINk at 8.75ish.

I think MNMD gets to the ticker change sell off at 5.60. They just switched CEOs that should move what they are doing along faster.
Sidenote: VET is a bit complicated because of their supposed presence at the DHL summit next week. If a major announcement gets made re: supply chain tracking....that is a gamechanger.

Thoughts on $FUBO showing all 51 matches of the Euro Cup? Will it have any impact on the stock?
But aren't the games just on ESPN/ABC? You could always get ESPN+ for a month at $5.99
I know nothing about the stock, but their package has always seemed strange to me. They don't have Warner Media channels (CNN, TNT/TBS etc), but did pick up ESPN stuff when they lost Warner, and have always had a plethora of spanish language channels plus BEIN sports which is unique. Also it's not like its cheaper than the other options either, which it used to be if I recall. --- All of that probably has zilch to do with the stock....

Pretty sure you’re giving up your coins for them to use and in return you get interest

Staking vs lending.

You can lend your crypto out and get yield on this, aka the Celsius wallet 14% a year on Synthetix and 10% on Matic (Polygon)./Aave/yearn.finance

When you stake your coin you are also being incentivized to do so, but you are staking it back onto the blockchain network your coin supports. See Proof of work vs proof of stake. Proof of work is when different miners get rewarded (people who've set up their computer to verify transactions) vs proof of stake, which means the more coins you have staked, the more return you will get, and your coins that are staked are used by the blockchain network to verify transactions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montyrb

Top Bottom