OT: Stock trading | Page 152 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Seems like a crackdown from CCP on a number of companies. Certainly financial and tech. It wouldn't surprise me if that extended to AMC for political reasons.

I am interested in the future of the movie theater business. Noticed that my local Regal was being refurbished when I stopped by the plaza where it is located last weekend. Has Hollywood been holding on to some expected blockbusters waiting for everything to open full tilt? Maybe.
Unclear, Wanda's experienced the same type or similar amount of central government/regulatory scrutiny as some mainland big tech/fintech hybrids. Certainly some, yet most mainland and east Asian analysts view Wanda's AMC divestiture spurred on by the central government general push for mainland companies to pull back from western market investments. However, Wang's also viewed as being relatively close with the central party boys and less apt to rock the boat which feeds him and the families of Xi, Li, et al.

Concurrently, Wanda may not believe the AMC hype. WIth a small amount of AMC for sh|ts and giggles, it's interesting observing AMC. No impact on maintaining hedges on non-cash USD, SGD, HKD, AUD, CAD, and CHF holdings, but the latter will more than diminish any effects of the Redditors' projected massive AMC squeeze. GME to boot!

Movie theaters? No clue, not interested and haven't gone to a theater since about 2012 in HK nor recall many legitimate blockbusters in subsequent years. Typically, our Malaysian network gizmo enables viewing US films before their US launch in the comforts of home. Hope some theaters rebound for the sake of the economy, jobs when unemployment add-ons gradually end, and for people who like to go to theaters.

Reaction Score
Ari Juels dropping straight knowledge. Get yo link cheap while you can.

I got a little. Icon, ADA, and Stellar are all steals too. Theta and Cosmos seem to have great potential too.

Reaction Score
I finally got into the Link game last week on the BTC dip. Nice pump this morning. I doubled up. Thanks.
Beautiful. I was in disbelief when I saw LINK at 17 Sunday morning. This thing should have never been below 20 ever again. Buying anywhere sub 25 was a total gift. I bought more at 17, sold at 27 but so happy to have my original position. MATIC looking great too.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
AMC up around 9% in premarket so far.
Over 200M in volume yesterday, 50% of which was short, which mathematically cannot happen due to the utilization. I find it hilarious how stupid these hedge fund managers think we are.

Reaction Score
exactly why I said what I said. The home technology is so good now that streaming on your couch is just too easy.

you need a real attraction to get people in

The new chairs, etc - are a draw. My fam and I love going to the movies. Just isn't the same at home - unless I go buy movie theatre chairs.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Over 200M in volume yesterday, 50% of which was short, which mathematically cannot happen due to the utilization. I find it hilarious how stupid these hedge fund managers think we are.
Most people are.
And It’s a trash company. Much like gamestock.

the fact that neither was smart enough to raise capital during these artificial price spikes shows how ignorant and poorly run they are

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Most people are.

the fact that neither was smart enough to raise capital during these artificial price spikes shows how ignorant and poorly run they are
The price hasn’t spiked yet.

Reaction Score
Good timing. Nice little run on weed stocks since.

I just sold out of CGC, TLRY & SNDL.
Yea i'm up 4.9% from when i bought it. Not bad for a couple of days. I think I'm going to be holding this for a while though. I hope it will go up significantly over time.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No recommendation regarding VW’s voting ADR VWAGY vs preferred ADR VWAPY, yet each ran up nicely since Oct. ;)

Porsche Auto Holdings POAHY offers a related alternative for consideration to reap possible VW and partner auto brand upside potential. Lower book value; debt yet minuscule interest rate. Plus, wouldn’t you rather own a Porsche, Bugatti, Lamborghini ...
I was listening to a podcast and the guy loves Volkswagen bc they’re going to be one of the better EV companies and still have their gas and diesel vehicles

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Most people are.

The price hasn’t spiked yet.

It almost did today.

Tickled 50% gains early afternoon and settled in mid 30's% for today.

I put a small amount in to AMC at end of April. One month return has been about 150% so far. Do I expect to run up to infinity? No. But I'll still end up with a nice profit.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It almost did today.

Tickled 50% gains early afternoon and settled in mid 30's% for today.

I put a small amount in to AMC at end of April. One month return has been about 150% so far. Do I expect to run up to infinity? No. But I'll still end up with a nice profit.
Sold basically 80% of my amc holdings in February lol

Reaction Score
I was listening to a podcast and the guy loves Volkswagen bc they’re going to be one of the better EV companies and still have their gas and diesel vehicles
Aside from alternative-energy vehicles being a no brainer, gradually tightening regs in EU and even oil rich Norway provide no choice for VW to innovate and move away from both gas and diesel internal combustion engines. Whether VW and its' Porsche partners end up as one of the better EV or potentially hydrogen vehicle manufacturers is obviously TBD.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom