OT: Stock trading | Page 148 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Not only did he dump crypto, TSLA is also dumping because all of his followers have turned on him.
Musk dumping on figuratively and dumping crypto himself, plus TSLA corporate reportedly jettisonning BTC

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Tesla is a horrible company. He relies on government subsidies and they barely turn a profit

Reaction Score
Don't let Elon distract you. Stay focused. We go live May 28th. Things will change forever #link
Its too risky not to hold link

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Well not really. Volatility is always relevant. But my suggestion was that it presents a buying opportunity if you are long LINK.
Yeah. I’m over BTC. Going into other coins now. I’ll add link and DOT here and there but focusing on the cheaper projects. Going to put profits or invest into usdc on Celsius.

Probably going look back into the stock market and invest in more metal companies and dividend stocks

Reaction Score
Well not really. Volatility is always relevant. But my suggestion was that it presents a buying opportunity if you are long LINK.
I agree that it depends on your investment strategy, but I think the general sentiment with strong crypto projects is that they are all long-term plays. A couple of months after I got started investing in 2017, Ethereum skyrocketed to 1400, then I watched it drop all the way back to $80. If only I could acquire more at the price, as now it is a distant dream that Ethereum will ever go below 4 digits again. So I guess that's what I mean if you believe in a project and understand the complexities of it you will buy all the pullbacks (agreed).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree that it depends on your investment strategy, but I think the general sentiment with strong crypto projects is that they are all long-term plays. A couple of months after I got started investing in 2017, Ethereum skyrocketed to 1400, then I watched it drop all the way back to $80. If only I could acquire more at the price, as now it is a distant dream that Ethereum will ever go below 4 digits again. So I guess that's what I mean if you believe in a project and understand the complexities of it you will buy all the pullbacks (agreed).

The real question is, are they crypto are are the securities? Meaning are these exchanges trading securities that are not properly registered with the SEC. There is a very good chance that the answer is yes. BTC is different.

Reaction Score
Looking for any recommendation about the best apps for trading.... with mlsdev.com/services/mobile-app-development
After the systems analyst has performed a thorough and accurate business case, they can start working on the actual software development project. Typically, business analysts are involved in software development from the beginning, while others may only work in the middle of the process. In either case, a good software developer will take an active role throughout the entire development life-cycle. The key to successful development is good communication between the software developer and the business analyst.

Reaction Score
The real question is, are they crypto are are the securities? Meaning are these exchanges trading securities that are not properly registered with the SEC. There is a very good chance that the answer is yes. BTC is different.
Perhaps the most significant of all is the fact that LINK tokens don’t represent equity shares in the Chainlink company. It simply means that LINK tokens don’t give holders share in Chainlink company’s profits. They are utility tokens, which can be used on the network, but don’t serve any other purpose. Hence, they aren’t equity security.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
BTC is a speculative asset. A lot of other coins are utility coins

Reaction Score
Stomach in an absolute knot after waking up to crypto charts this AM. Are you guys thinking bull market is completely finished? Or like we’ll stabilize?
I’m putting small amounts in some coins I wanted like VET that are cheap... LINK cheap around $25

Reaction Score
Volatility season is here for crypto

3 or 4 people I work with each spent something like 4k on an ethereum each last week. All people who have never actually invested in ANYTHING before. As in, I "hey guys, you might want to look into our 403B option or a Roth IRA instead of cryptos for a first investment EVER" and 5+ years into full time work non had made a single retirement contribution.

As I type this, they're having some kind of therapy session on the teacher's patio to try to convince each other not to sell and cut their losses. I think it's fair to say the risk of the crypto game was not up their alley.

I have 5ish ethereum I bought for like 50$ each years ago. I'm definitely in the mindset of not even looking at it as much as I can help it. I don't get the feeling ethereum is going anywhere, and I'll probably just cash it out when it comes time to buy a house. Sold my bitcoin in 2017 and I'm kicking myself for it to this day--lesson learned.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Stomach in an absolute knot after waking up to crypto charts this AM. Are you guys thinking bull market is completely finished? Or like we’ll stabilize?
I’m putting small amounts in some coins I wanted like VET that are cheap... LINK cheap around $25

This is the thing about investing. If you buy a thing because you think it's going up...more often than not, that's a losing strategy. If you buy a thing because you believe in it long term, then you weather the ups and downs, perhaps add to your position on the dips. Short term trading is recipe for long term failure.

Will they come back? Maybe. If the utility is really there, sure. Worst month for stocks is often May-June. So this isn't that unusual.

I sold 1/4 of my BTC a little while back at about $54k a BTC, which still yielded about 300% of my original investment (1 BTC at $4900 last March). So the rest is just play money now.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Don't let Elon distract you. Stay focused. We go live May 28th. Things will change forever #link
Its too risky not to hold link

F Off to coinbase who was “down” while link was under 30 this morning

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
3 or 4 people I work with each spent something like 4k on an ethereum each last week. All people who have never actually invested in ANYTHING before. As in, I "hey guys, you might want to look into our 403B option or a Roth IRA instead of cryptos for a first investment EVER" and 5+ years into full time work non had made a single retirement contribution.

As I type this, they're having some kind of therapy session on the teacher's patio to try to convince each other not to sell and cut their losses. I think it's fair to say the risk of the crypto game was not up their alley.

I have 5ish ethereum I bought for like 50$ each years ago. I'm definitely in the mindset of not even looking at it as much as I can help it. I don't get the feeling ethereum is going anywhere, and I'll probably just cash it out when it comes time to buy a house. Sold my bitcoin in 2017 and I'm kicking myself for it to this day--lesson learned.

I will probably be doing the same with my eth.

Although it might be a downpayment for a small business (saas etc).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom