Still watching the tourney post-UConn? | The Boneyard

Still watching the tourney post-UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will. No doubt last night stung and the tourney is always a downer in the years we get sent home early, but I still love college hoops and will tune in to hope the usual suspects get shot down.

Will be rooting hard against Cuse, Dook, UNC. Hoping the underdogs call pull off some upsets.

Reaction Score
Heck yeah the Madness is still the best. Play I'm in so many pools I have vested interest in a few teams with the lines moving forward. LOL, hate we're out of it but still love the game.

Reaction Score
UVA is my second team. I went there and they deserve a good tourney. UVA wanted Uconn in the ACC and still do. Both teams have young talented coaches and recruit similar players. And the fans have the feeling like Uconn fans did pre '99. GO HOOS!

Reaction Score
I will. No doubt last night stung and the tourney is always a downer in the years we get sent home early, but I still love college hoops and will tune in to hope the usual suspects get shot down.

Will be rooting hard against Cuse, Dook, UNC. Hoping the underdogs call pull off some upsets.
Agree with last part, but probably won't be watching much. I think it's KU's to lose though.

Reaction Score
UVA is my second team. I went there and they deserve a good tourney. UVA wanted Uconn in the ACC and still do. Both teams have young talented coaches and recruit similar players. And the fans have the feeling like Uconn fans did pre '99. GO HOOS!

Easy team to root for. We may still be playing if Gill was ours, not to take away from Shonn. Good luck

Reaction Score
Rooting against teams, in order:
  1. Syracuse
  2. Duke
  3. Villanova
  4. UNC
  5. Maryland
  6. Oregon
If Georgetown was in there, they'd be #3 on the list ahead of 'Nova. I suppose BCU would be in there somewhere as well if they hadn't folded their athletics department.

Reaction Score
Yes, after I watch Premier League soccer. Priorities. Go Leicester.

I get to watch sports to my content today after a week of sole parenting. I really don't know how single parents do it. My hat is off to you. I almost lost my mind. Had a child wake up with a fever and vomit all over the bed last night during the game (just when UConn got it down to 9). Got about 2 hours sleep. Puts the loss in some perspective for me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
  1. Syracuse
  2. Duke
  3. Villanova
  4. UNC
  5. Maryland
  6. Oregon
If Georgetown was in there, they'd be #3 on the list ahead of 'Nova. I suppose BCU would be in there somewhere as well if they hadn't folded their athletics department.
Good list. I'd move UNC to #1, though. Will be rooting for Kansas, except in the championship game, because 4>3 and I'd like to keep it that way.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
  1. Syracuse
  2. Duke
  3. Villanova
  4. UNC
  5. Maryland
  6. Oregon
Cuse,
UNCheats
Oregon
Maryland
ND
Duke
Which means 4 out of these six teams will be in the final four.
If Pitt were in they'd be ahead of Cuse. And Kentucky would be ahead of Pitt.
Nothing against the current BE teams other then they were smack talk rivals when the former BE existed and they got screwed by CR just as much as UConn!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
  1. Syracuse
  2. Duke
  3. Villanova
  4. UNC
  5. Maryland
  6. Oregon
Great list; especially the Georgetown comment. Louisville would be high on my list but they, alas, did not qualify either.

Reaction Score
Teams I like, in order;

1. Iowa St
2. SF Austin
3. Middle Tennessee
4. Hawaii
5. Gonzaga
6. Oklahoma

I will root for any of these teams.

I like Niang from Iowa St. But I'd like to see these teams go far, and I'd like to see either Iowa St. or Oklahoma win it.

Reaction Score
SF Austin will gain a whole lot more fans today if they can knock off ND. They've been impressive.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for whatever outcome results in no more than 2 ACC teams in the FF.

Which means I actually have to root for Jay Wright, sigh.

Reaction Score
It's best sporting event of the year for me by a country mile. It won't be as special but this is the last bit of bball I can watch before next year..can't bring myself to watch the nba.

The endings and games are still going to be exciting. The sfa notre dame game was incredible.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just the decade long trauma of conference realignment on me, but I just find myself hating so many of these schools. And as the field narrows most of the schools left are schools I simply don't like so it's hard to truly enjoy. To listen to them slobber over the ACC? I just can't listen to it anymore. To see a school like ND advance farther than us in the tournament is nauseating. I was in MSG at the BET in 2004 when we didn't even have Emeka Okafor play and we beat them by like 20. ND never had the athletes in basketball that they had on their team the last 2 years. Just a continued reminder that being Power 5 gives you the leg up on the competition.

Reaction Score
The only time I can't continue watching is agonizing losses like George Mason or Mich St

I'm a Bengals fan, so this applied to this year's playoffs hardcore.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I had the best popcorn of my life at an Iowa state game, so the Cyclones have that going for them.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm done watching aside from maybe the Final Four games and the title game which I will watch begrudgingly and turn off before the trophy is awarded.

Reaction Score
I had Michigan St winning my office bracket. Whoops. For me to win, I basically need Kansas to make it to the final and then lose to anyone other than UNC for me to win it. So I will keep watching it.

I can't say I will root against anyone because I have to avoid looking hypocritical to my kids who I always tell them that good sportsmanship is about rooting nicely for your team and never against the other team. That said, if Syracuse, Duke, and UNC don't win another game, its all good to me.

Reaction Score
Uh...everyone who said they aren't watching anymore should turn to TruTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom