Still sick about it | The Boneyard

Still sick about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
days later, I still sick about the loss. Its eating at me that the staff kept him in the game at that point as well as calling a passing play. Just sick about it. I have been popping tums since the game ended. My mind can't get around that that game, which should have been a win, could be the differenc between bowling or not bowling. I know I know, only second game, but its those games that you should have won that sometimes bit you in the end.

Since 2000, the first transitional year, it was the worst QB performance I have ever seen.from a UConn QB The worst game performance that I can think of was with Bones. We had two winless seasons back then. Wasn't Bones a Junior walk-on when he played? If not a walk on, he sure played that way.

Reaction Score
midol_pms_treatment-300x300.jpg

Reaction Score
wow great post reply. "Shut up" and Midol. Seriously. Were all fans and have different levels of frustration and anger of this loss. Mine maybe high, but your antics are just insulting.

Reaction Score
Bones wasn't a walkon. He was recruited and was Orlovsky's backup. He wasn't great but he sure as hell would have won this game. I'd say the worst performance was the walkon kid who played late in the year our first transitional season. But this was close. This was a game that called for running the football, if your going to throw they need to be safe passes...and on the 3rd down, if you're going to throw there, something I question, you throw a homerun ball. If it get caught you win, if it misses you punt and if it gets picked it is like a punt.

J

Johnny Husky

wow great post reply. "Shut up" and Midol. Seriously. Were all fans and have different levels of frustration and anger of this loss. Mine maybe high, but your antics are just insulting.

Lighten up Brian2001, and while you're at it make a more creative username that sounds like my AOL Screen Name I made in elementary school - my name followed by the current year.

Reaction Score
It's all about experience, which none of the QB's have.

What did the SEC commentators say often "Shut down the run and pressure young and inexperienced QB's"
was the Vandebilt game plan. After the first series, where more almost half the total run yardage was achieved, they did both. I don't care who was in there the results would have been the same.

The O line wasn't that great pass protecting

In experience kills you. Look what happened to Dan O at the end of 2001 against Temple,,,,,,lost 57-3. He learned from his mistakes the first two years, and look how well he did afterwards.

What did RE often say in his earliy years when he had a lot of inexperience and limited talent? I'm throwing them to the wolves. And the wolves had a good lunch.

That will happen to all our QB's, no matter who is under center, until they face stiff competition a few times.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Right after this game was played I went to a local Go Kart racing venue and did 12 laps at around 30-40 miles per hour. Gave me a rush of adrenaline and completely cleansed me of the loss. You need to move on as there is no upside in dwelling on what could have been forever. You take the lessons out of it that you can and then you move on.

Reaction Score
What she means is contribute something to the board rather than trying to stir up a flame war on every thread you go to. You're entitled to your opinions, but make them without rude, inflammatory comments. Further, if you would like to stay here, I'd suggest knocking it off, or they'll just get rid of you because no one wants our discussions to become playground name calling fests.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What she means is contribute something to the board rather than trying to stir up a flame war on every thread you go to. You're entitled to your opinions, but make them without rude, inflammatory comments. Further, if you would like to stay here, I'd suggest knocking it off, or they'll just get rid of you because no one wants our discussions to become playground name calling fests.

That goes for both of Johnny's handles.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Bones wasn't a walkon. He was recruited and was Orlovsky's backup. He wasn't great but he sure as hell would have won this game. I'd say the worst performance was the walkon kid who played late in the year our first transitional season. But this was close. This was a game that called for running the football, if your going to throw they need to be safe passes...and on the 3rd down, if you're going to throw there, something I question, you throw a homerun ball. If it get caught you win, if it misses you punt and if it gets picked it is like a punt.

Apart from an OK showing at home against Cincinnati in 2006 (which was a fluke, as Cincy had a great D that year), Bones had many games like the one Johnny just had.

Reaction Score
For the record, Bones had 2 Johnny Mac-like games in his career. 2005 @ Georgia Tech (7-25, 67 yards, 0 tds, 3 ints) & 2005 @ Pitt (18-35, 156 yards, 0 tds, 3 ints).

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
The Georgia Tech game was excruciating as we played close to as well as they did in all other aspects of the game. I will note that they were without their QB Reggie Ball for that game.

Reaction Score
The Georgia Tech game was excruciating as we played close to as well as they did in all other aspects of the game. I will note that they were without their QB Reggie Ball for that game.
Yeah, that was a winnable game. We just couldn't get any offense going in the 2nd half. I almost forgot that Megatron Calvin Johnson was on that Ga Tech team.

Reaction Score
No. Lorentzon, post injury, at home to Pitt. That was far worse than any being nominated. He was 6 for 26 for 80 yards and two picks.

You can't use Bones versus Ga Tech. We played as hard as we could that day, but they were considerably more talented than us. That was not the case Saturday.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
In watching the Cowboys-Jets game last night and seeing Romo throw the pick to Revis that cost them the game, I realized that Coach PP and Coach Garrett were on the same staff with the Cowboys. Explains a lot about the Vandy game. Those were two of the most mismanaged games I have ever seen.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
No. Lorentzon, post injury, at home to Pitt. That was far worse than any being nominated. He was 6 for 26 for 80 yards and two picks.

You can't use Bones versus Ga Tech. We played as hard as we could that day, but they were considerably more talented than us. That was not the case Saturday.

7-25 with 3 picks is beyond terrible. I know Georgia Tech was clearly significantly better than we were that year, but that's totally unacceptable.
I don't see why I can't use that as an example of horrendous quarterback play.

UAB-Florida is at least as big a mismatch as UConn-GT 2005 was. UAB's quarterback completed 15 of 28 passes against the gators without an interception. I am not asking Bones to light up Georgia Tech, but completing at least a third of his passes would be nice. It's not like GT was full of future pro's in the secondary. Vanderbilt's secondary might even be better than that Yellow Jacket secondary was: Richardson and Heyward are both draftable players for the 2012 draft.

Reaction Score
7-25 with 3 picks is beyond terrible. I know Georgia Tech was clearly significantly better than we were that year, but that's totally unacceptable.
I don't see why I can't use that as an example of horrendous quarterback play.

UAB-Florida is at least as big a mismatch as UConn-GT 2005 was. UAB's quarterback completed 15 of 28 passes against the gators without an interception. I am not asking Bones to light up Georgia Tech, but completing at least a third of his passes would be nice. It's not like GT was full of future pro's in the secondary. Vanderbilt's secondary might even be better than that Yellow Jacket secondary was: Richardson and Heyward are both draftable players for the 2012 draft.

I didn't say that wasn't bad QB play. But it wasn't in the straosphere of Tyler's game against Pitt. That was my only point.

Reaction Score
2008 Lorenzen vs Pitt: 6-27, 80 yards, 0 tds, 2 ints, 5 rushes, 18 rush yards, 0 rush tds....*PUKE*

Actually, considering the opponent, you can also add 2008 Lorenzen vs Hofstra
14-25, 184 yards, 0 tds, 3 ints, 2 rushes, 22 rush yards...We did win that game though.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I didn't say that wasn't bad QB play. But it wasn't in the straosphere of Tyler's game against Pitt. That was my only point.

7/25 isn't in the same stratosphere as 6/27? Lorenzen's performance may have been slightly worse, but not by much.

Reaction Score
It's all about experience, which none of the QB's have.

What did the SEC commentators say often "Shut down the run and pressure young and inexperienced QB's"
was the Vandebilt game plan. After the first series, where more almost half the total run yardage was achieved, they did both. I don't care who was in there the results would have been the same.

The O line wasn't that great pass protecting

In experience kills you. Look what happened to Dan O at the end of 2001 against Temple,,,,,,lost 57-3. He learned from his mistakes the first two years, and look how well he did afterwards.

What did RE often say in his earliy years when he had a lot of inexperience and limited talent? I'm throwing them to the wolves. And the wolves had a good lunch.

That will happen to all our QB's, no matter who is under center, until they face stiff competition a few times.

I would have rather it be 57 - 3

I think the thing that stung the most about this game was the fact that the defense had one of the best games ive seen from UConn in a while, 7 sacks.....15 for a loss

If the defense and offense had a bad game it would be easier to swallow, but the fact that the defense played their hearts out and put us in a position to win and the offense lost it the way it did (i'll be the D did give up two big plays) gives it the bad taste

Reaction Score
7/25 isn't in the same stratosphere as 6/27? Lorenzen's performance may have been slightly worse, but not by much.

It's not just about numbers. Tyler was a QB who had a good career playing against a team that was not much, if any, better than us, at home, and wasn't under pressure all day. Bones was not a BCS QB, our roster was not what Ga Tech's was and the game was on the road. I firmly believe the game by Tyler was on a different level of suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom