Still Sad and Hurt | The Boneyard

Still Sad and Hurt

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I don't think I can bring myself to watch the final today.
I'll definitely miss Gabby like I did with Stewie.

Looking forward to next year.
I feel for all you Boneyarders!!!

Alex

Brother, I feel the same way. I guess watching the game isn't a priority to me right now. AND most of all I feel bad for our players, especially for Gabby and Kia, our senior leaders...

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im not hurt I AM VERY ANGRY that ND got to the line 17 more times then us, that we were in foul trouble and couldnt play defense and that we out played ND in almost every category.

Dont blame the coaches or the team blame the refs for stealing the game from UConn. Read the thread I stated " How did we Loose????

Reaction Score
Im not hurt I AM VERY ANGRY that ND got to the line 17 more times then us, that we were in foul trouble and couldnt play defense and that we out played ND in almost every category.

Dont blame the coaches or the team blame the refs for stealing the game from UConn. Read the thread I stated " How did we Loose????

Tony, I love you man and I wouldn't mind having a beer with you. We all different in how we take a loss. Your way may sooth you better, but still, nothing is going to change the outcome.

Leaking my wound!
In the bush of Upstate NY.

Reaction Score
Yes...saying I am still sad and hurt is an understatement. I moped around all day yesterday and canceled dinner plans because I didn’t feel like being social....crazy I know. I can only imagine how our girls and coaches feel. Last year was awful too but somehow losing to ND really gets under my skin. I have flashbacks to that horrible night in 2001 when Diana kept jacking up 3’s and nothing would go in, to the many times Diggins was skipping around the court preening like the cat who ate the canary, to Achonwa’s and McBride’s cockiness. Don’t get me started on Muffet and her comments about Stewart....so unprofessional and catty.

I really hope Miss State wins tonight and denies them again....16 years and counting without a title, that’s one streak I would like to be kept alive!

Reaction Score
I'm going to watch the final tonight and cheer on Mississippi State. It won't be easy at times, but I'm looking forward to a good game.

But yes, it sure is painful to know that Gabby and Kia as upperclassmen will not have a championship to call their own. This is the one that got away. :(

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tonyc makes an excellent point. Remember the officiating stark raving lunacy of the first half of the 1995 championship game? My biggest worry in any "big" game is are those hacks in the striped shirts going to play Donkey Kong with the players, sending them careening off court. It's not worth talking about. There is no solution; but remember the infamous three and rain boos on them whenever you can if it makes you feel better.

Reaction Score
My biggest worry in any "big" game is are those hacks in the striped shirts going to play Donkey Kong with the players, sending them careening off court. ... There is no solution.
There is a solution if the NCAA is gets serious about games, rather than revenue. Shouldn't be hard in the off-season to evaluate game performance via video, and allot key game (i.e., tournament) assignments accordingly. Correct or not, there is definitely a sense in both men's and women's basketball that certain teams "get" calls that favor them. There is also a persistent dread in fans that a blown call or quick whistle will have an unjustified impact on an outcome.

Reaction Score
I don't think I can bring myself to watch the final today.
I'll definitely miss Gabby like I did with Stewie.

Looking forward to next year.
I feel for all you Boneyarders!!!

Alex
I'll miss Gabby and Kia. It may be awhile before we see anyone as athletically gifted as Gabby. And Kia deserves to be in the Hall of Fame for effort. From the moment she arrived in Storrs, she's been an incredibly hard worker on and off court (with excellent grades). As Geno said, they both leave with two national championships - they should not be defined by two OT losses.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...As Geno said, they both leave with two national championships - they should not be defined by two OT losses.

Nor should we allow ourselves and this forum to be defined by two OT losses. It’s a game. When the players take up the game, they (surely must) know that losing, no matter how unlikely or distasteful, is still a possibility. If they can handle it, I can handle it.

Like many here, I was disappointed by the loss. But I am ready to push it aside and move on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom