Still proud of this team | The Boneyard

Still proud of this team

Reaction Score
I'm definitely not want of those sentimental types for sports, but this team really did surprise and impress me. After Azura left I figured this would be the year the final 4 streak ended, and that ND would kill us both times. But they showed a lot of heart and tenacity and I'm grateful for the ride to get them this far, and so close.

Reaction Score
They completely surpassed my preseason expectations. Disappointing to see them squander a 9 point 4th qtr lead, but they showed a lot of fight. Sad to see these two seniors move on. But excited to see what they can do at the next level.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Too many missed layups, and far too many 2nd or 3rd and even 4th chance buckets

Simply destroyed on the defensive boards

Still a season to be proud of, I thought the kids looked really good tonight

Reaction Score
I cannot imagine UConn having another pair of players like Pheesa and Lou. They have been successful (most teammate points) and just a joy to watch for the last 4 years. I am not looking forward to next year after losing these two, especially after going through the loss of Kia and Gabby after last season. Lou is the reason I joined The Boneyard, in order to become "involved" with this basketball team.
I hope that over the spring, summer and fall that I can recover from tonight...
If anyone deserves to play in the NC Game, it is KATIE LOU SAMUELSON!!!!
AMF.

Reaction Score
I cannot imagine UConn having another pair of players like Pheesa and Lou. They have been successful (most teammate points) and just a joy to watch for the last 4 years. I am not looking forward to next year after losing these two, especially after going through the loss of Kia and Gabby after last season. Lou is the reason I joined The Boneyard, in order to become "involved" with this basketball team.
I hope that over the spring, summer and fall that I can recover from tonight...
If anyone deserves to play in the NC Game, it is KATIE LOU SAMUELSON!!!!
AMF.
I know, life just isn't fair sometimes and Lou has had her share of bad breaks. This one hurts my heart.

Reaction Score
Any season that includes a Final Four appearance is special. With that being said, those last eight minutes were tough to watch. Samuelson and Collier were truly great Huskies who will be sorely missed. I am already looking forward to 2019-2020....and the 2020-2021 freshman class which has already started to fall into place.

Reaction Score
I think the big surprise is (in terms of points, rebounds. and assists), both Shepard and Turner had better stat lines than Collier.

I don’t understand how Ogunbowale, for the third FF game in a row, has a terrible first half, then cannot miss.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Feel sorry for Lou and Pheesa, but how many players can say that they had more tournament loses then regular season loses while making it to the final four every year in their basketball career. Also feel sorry for Lou for not getting by Tina on the points leader board, Tina 2,346 Lou 2,342.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see a stat on how often "playing for the last shot" at the end of the quarter results in a made basket vs. a broken play missed opportunity for a quality shot. I get that CW hit a bucket right before halftime, and KLS got fouled on a 3 attempt in this game, but I'm talking about over the course of the season. Certainly appeared to be more outcomes with bad shots than ones with high percentage shots to me.

Reaction Score
Extremely proud of these young ladies. Phee and Lou, thank you for 4 wonderful years. You two will always be beloved in my heart for your character, professionalism, and effort that you brought to this program. Truly the two of you will be sorely missed. It was a good season, Better than I expected! I have been a Uconn fan since Geno became the coach, and Lou and Phee are two of the best teammates I have seen. This is not measured in championships, but simply by the quality of individuals the two of them are. Once again, thank you for the memorable years. Thank you to the entire team and Uconn nation. "Quitters never win, Winners don't give in." Stay tuned.....We will be back!

Reaction Score
Many post game threads to post on but had to randomly pick my poison here. Anyways, as much as I wanted the team to go all the way considering the season they had, I honestly have to say this loss doesnt really hurt as much as it did last year and the year before. ND just was too clutch at the end but hey that's just the way the ball rolls. I'm extremely proud of and will always be loyal to this program. 11 national titles and 20 final fours including 12 consecutive (BEST all time) ..... no other team can boast that kind of consistent success. As for next season, I'm looking for ONO, Megan, and CW to make huge strides. I expect Crystal will be hungrier and more motivated than ever now that there is a possibility that her, Kyla, and Molly may be the first group not to win a title since the 2008 class. I look forward to see if we maybe get a grad transfer or/and a international recruit but obviously also how Aubrey Griffin will materialize in her first year. The 10 minutes of sadness and disappointment I felt have now dissolved and now I turn my attention to my Hawaii mens volleyball team doing a superb job this season so far and UCLA softball.

See yall next season! :)
Will #2020 finally be the year of the husky again?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But they showed a lot of heart and tenacity and I'm grateful for the ride to get them this far, and so close.

Except for Collier, I didn't see any heart much less a lot of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom