Sticks Sighting | The Boneyard

Sticks Sighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I ran into Mr Robinson not long ago. He is still on the payroll for Ruslan Inyatkin at the sheet metal place in Willimantic. He has also been working with the trainers & working out with the team trying to get in game shape. He told me that he will be playing in Canada (tho he didn't tell me where) beginning in October. I was sooooooooooooo very happy to hear that. He is one of the NICEST people on the planet & too good a player to not be on the court somewhere.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I ran into Mr Robinson not long ago. He is still on the payroll for Ruslan Inyatkin at the sheet metal place in Willimantic. He has also been working with the trainers & working out with the team trying to get in game shape. He told me that he will be playing in Canada (tho he didn't tell me where) beginning in October. I was sooooooooooooo very happy to hear that. He is one of the NICEST people on the planet & too good a player to not be on the court somewhere.

I don't know if it's just that they look so alike, but I couldn't help but thinking about Stanley while watching Kawhi Leonard and the Spurs in the playoffs this year. He definitely had all the physical tools to be just every bit of a player Kawhi is. Hoping the best for him.

Reaction Score
I don't know if it's just that they look so alike, but I couldn't help but thinking about Stanley while watching Kawhi Leonard and the Spurs in the playoffs this year. He definitely had all the physical tools to be just every bit of a player Kawhi is. Hoping the best for him.

Sticks never had the handle or court sense that Leonard has. Physically, he's every bit as good and he probably had more highlight reel plays than any UConn player in memory. But so very often he was a passive, underachieving player who lacked confidence. A great athlete does not make a great basketball player.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I feel that if Sticks left after his junior year he might have had a better shot in the NBA. He needed the last year for maturity reasons though.

Reaction Score
Sticks never had the handle or court sense that Leonard has. Physically, he's every bit as good and he probably had more highlight reel plays than any UConn player in memory. But so very often he was a passive, underachieving player who lacked confidence. A great athlete does not make a great basketball player.

Not so sure he was passive but I think it's more of what you nailed earlier as he didn't have the handle to take people except the occasional baseline burst. His run in his junior year was nonetheless epic and he was a tough kid not to rrot for throughout his career! I wish him well and hope he at least lands a nice Euro contract.............

Reaction Score

Nice post. I like hearing updates like this.
Wish nuthin' but the best for Stanley.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

You perfectly described DeAndre Daniels freshman year. We're all expecting Deandre to be a lottery pick or first round pick by next spring.

Some put it together right away. For some, it takes a while. Sticks has caught a few bad breaks. I'm hoping he can get some good luck go his way and I know he'll stick somewhere.

Reaction Score
he's been living in willimantic and working at the sheet metal place for about a year now. he has gained at least 20 lb from not playing during the past year and he has been goin on daily runs and working out with the team for about a month now. Calhoun is pretty much acting as his agent at this point and getting him in place to play in Canada. he was also close to playing in the Puerto Rican league this summer but things didn't work out. his Achilles injury pretty much sidelined him for a year to recover fully and then he moved to Willy as Calhoun helped him to get refocused and back into playing basketball. rupturing his Achilles right before he was supposedly getting called up to the league was difficult for sticks and he almost gave up basketball. hopefully he can make the best of this new opportunity

Reaction Score
Thanks method, nice update and much appreciated. Good guy and hope all works out for him. Shows that side of JC too that most of the opposing fans just never saw! Not a bad agent huh?

C

Chief00

Achilles injuries take a long time to heal. Great explosive leaper but never quite got the mental part of the game down nor did he develop a self motivated motor. Agree very, very nice kid. Too bad Jerome viewed him as a shot taker threat. Both would have had a better shot at the NBA if that wasn't the case. I know Jerome realizes that now.

Reaction Score
Sticks was named player of the week in the Canadian Basketball League. On the season Sticks is averaging 15.8 points and 8.6 boards. He is the 19th leading scorer, 7th in rebounding

He is happy to be back playing basketball and healthy. Has had to shake the rust off a little bit but is getting more comfortable and confident. Hopes to have a successful injury free year and get his name and stock back on the nba radar.

http://nblcanada.ca/14574/nbl-c-player-of-the-week

Week ending November 10, 2013

The National Basketball League of Canada is pleased to announce that Moncton Miracles centre Stanley Robinson has been named Player of the Week for the week ending November 10, 2013.

Robinson, a 6'9" centre who played collegiately at the University of Connecticut, averaged nearly 20 points and 9 rebounds in three games for the Miracles, including two victories. His high mark included 24 points and 12 rebounds on Satuday night against the Saint John Mill Rats; then Robinson followed that effort up with a 20-point tally in an overtime win against Halifax.

Poe

Reaction Score
Sticks was named player of the week in the Canadian Basketball League. On the season Sticks is averaging 15.8 points and 8.6 boards. He is the 19th leading scorer, 7th in rebounding

He is happy to be back playing basketball and healthy. Has had to shake the rust off a little bit but is getting more comfortable and confident. Hopes to have a successful injury free year and get his name and stock back on the nba radar.

http://nblcanada.ca/14574/nbl-c-player-of-the-week

Week ending November 10, 2013

The National Basketball League of Canada is pleased to announce that Moncton Miracles centre Stanley Robinson has been named Player of the Week for the week ending November 10, 2013.

Robinson, a 6'9" centre who played collegiately at the University of Connecticut, averaged nearly 20 points and 9 rebounds in three games for the Miracles, including two victories. His high mark included 24 points and 12 rebounds on Satuday night against the Saint John Mill Rats; then Robinson followed that effort up with a 20-point tally in an overtime win against Halifax.

Center?? What kind of crappy league is this?

Reaction Score
He is playing the 3 however he is listed as center on the roster. He had offers to play overseas and had a 6 figure offer to play in Israel but didnt feel comfortable going to that part of the world. He wanted to stay in North America and play somewhere he could get a lot of time and touches to gain confidence and work on his game after missing more than a year of playing at all.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how Stanley is doing. Glad to hear is he doing well!

Reaction Score
Center?? What kind of crappy league is this?

If you look at it closely, he is actually playing "centre" which is entirely different. The centre is the guy who is supposed to score 111 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom