Stewie's Story | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Stewie's Story

Reaction Score
Yes, you are correct- it is on men. But it's on society to take an honest look at how we socialize boys and girls-

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Yes, you are correct- it is on men. But it's on society to take an honest look at how we socialize boys and girls-

While I think you are right, most of the time, there are plenty of cases where women (school teachers come to mind) who have abused young boys.
Take a realistic view of religions - almost all religions - and how they have viewed women. In most they are not equal, in some really not equal.

Reaction Score
No, I don't agree - Its because of the technology and the free flowing information machine we have now that lets these stories be told to a wider audience. You don't think these things always happened? Now its just easier to have them told.
I don’t agree...while abuse has gone on forever, the internet reaches a massive audience worldwide. There have been numerous kiddie rings busted...and they involve millions, yes millions of perps... this massive audience creates more opportunities and needs for children to be forced into being a part of their twisted as f@&# perversions...

Reaction Score
I am very proud of Breanna for the courage to come forward and share her story with the world! That is the one of the hardest things a person will ever have to do! It is even harder for men to disclose what happened to them! I was an alter boy very involved with my catholic school and church. In 8th grade I was the star basketball and baseball player. My Memere was the longest and oldest member of the church. She sat with the nuns every day of the year for mass. So if I did something wrong she head about it. She asked me to help a priest move some boxes. He asked her to ask me to help him. He sexually assaulted me that day and also 3 more times asking her each time! I was 13 at the time. I couldnt tell her about it or my parents. In 2009 I finally told someone 30 years after the fact because my GMA and Dad both passed away in the same year. Come to find out the year before me another kid had the same thing happen. He was sent to Maine to live with his Grandfather who preceded to do it to him also! He is serving 30 years in Maine for killing him! The fact is this will always be around and people will always be getting hurt by people they trust!

Reaction Score
Stewie is my favorite former player. She amazed me by impacting the game in so many ways. She has always been a joy to watch and always carries herself in a dignified manner. Truly an admirable young woman.

The story never went into enough detail as to whether this was a relative or just a friend of the family. I guess on some level I'd like to know the answer to that just to understand things a bit more fully. What a terrible thing for a young girl age 9 to 11 to go through. I can't even imagine being in a position that she was in time after time. I hope that she has been able to fully recover from it and will lead a very happy and healthy life, she's brought so much joy to so many of us that's the least we can wish for her.

Reaction Score
Stewie is a very brave young woman who has shown that she is willing to really put herself out there to help others. I so wish this had never happened to her, but I know hearing her story will help a lot of other young people to speak out and to know they are not alone. She is a great role model.

Reaction Score
As a pastor before I became a professor and as chaplain to some of our athletic teams, I have been drawn in to the role of pastor/priest/confidant in similar tragedies.

You did the only and RIGHT thing you can do in telling your story. You spoke out. It's NEVER too late to tell such a story--your original report to your mother; your public story posted here.

And in your courage, especially with your deserved successful public profile, you are helping countless other young people muster the same courage as yours--and beyond their courage, hopefully a part, at least, of their healing.

Thank you. Grace to you, Ms .Stewart

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom