Stewie's mettle | The Boneyard

Stewie's mettle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stewie's mettle and grit was on full display last night. Undercut twice, with very hard falls, yet she never winced and had her highest scoring game of the year. BRAVO!

Reaction Score
She better get used to it. That going to be her fate the rest of her time at UCONN. Just like Dee. Can't stop her. Beat her up. Take her out.

Reaction Score
Maybe a uni like some of the quarterbacks wear...but an extended flack? Nike, get on it.

Reaction Score
Held my breath on that one where she was undercut and her leg bent awkwardly.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That undercut after the tip-in was brutal.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
f50b8fd6d1cfc1c2dd23abe82aa122c1.JPG

Ohhh... I thought you said "Stewie's MEDAL".... Here's a good shot of her with Morgan and Alexis Jones for good measure!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I say a prayer and drink a toast to world peace before every game. Knock on wood: the durability of UConn has been more than fine this year and may it continue.

Reaction Score
You folks are correct. The undercuts were brutal - not just one of them but both. Did those refs ever play any basketball? This is as dirty as any basketball foul can get; I believe it was same culprit both times (?) but have not watched the tape yet to confirm.
Where was the call??
And what reaction/responsibility/response does the H coach have here? So far, I've seen no reaction and no response. He seemed on the surface to be a "good guy," but at this point I'm not so sure.

Reaction Score
Stewie's very first shot attempt she was pushed in mid air with no foul call. But those undercuts were dangerous. Well we know that UConn is good at not fouling so I say that lesson is learned and now maybe it's time that Kiah misjudges her block attempts and oops.....so sorry.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately it appears the defensive MO to handle Stewie is to rough her up as much as possible. We discussed this after the SC game. To her credit, it doesn't appear to bother her, that's toughness. Other teams are just lucky that someone like Doty isn't still playing, she would have given it right back to them (see 2013 NC).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You folks are correct. The undercuts were brutal - not just one of them but both. Did those refs ever play any basketball? This is as dirty as any basketball foul can get; I believe it was same culprit both times (?) but have not watched the tape yet to confirm.
Agree, if that had been a pickup game somewhere, somebody would have gotten smacked upside the head.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Unfortunately it appears the defensive MO to handle Stewie is to rough her up as much as possible. We discussed this after the SC game. To her credit, it doesn't appear to bother her, that's toughness. Other teams are just lucky that someone like Doty isn't still playing, she would have given it right back to them (see 2013 NC).

when D's UConn team pounded Kelly M it was up to the other players to keep the Huskies honest. They couldn't and Penn State got stomped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom